Redbirds from this point forward.

Redbirdfan76

It seems clear that the current top 5 teams in the standings have separated themselves from the bottom 5 teams. Absent some complete breakdown from the top 5, the bottom 5 are competing for 6th place and a Friday game.

Our focus should be on ISU blue, SIU and Valpo. Not that we couldn’t beat UNI at home, but I do not see beating Loyola or BU in Peoria.

Whatever lineup matches up best against the Trees, Dawgs and one more time against the Beacons should be where we spend our time. The inside game is a struggle without Chatman, so hopefully coaches are working Schmitt’s backside off trying to be better. Certainly would help not jumping into a shooter that you have no chance to block the shooter’s shot.

Just my thoughts. Have at it!!

B

BirdGrad2011

My thoughts? Play guys that won’t be here next your so you don’t ruin any of the young guys any further. Let the new staff build them up.

Redbird Alum 2004

This! I have zero control over who the coach is. So I choose to root for ISU. I always have no matter who the coach is or how the team is doing. I want whoever the current players are to win games. These kids shouldn't be rooted against so a coach is fired. These kids chose to come here and once a Redbird always a Redbird. I wanted Nagy fired from the bears last season but I had zero control over it. Did I still root for the Bears? Yes. Don't get me started on the Cubs. The fact is we as fans don't have any control unless we want to personally buyout a contract. I am not going to do that. So until Dan is gone count me as a fan routing for the birds. Will I be pissed when we lose? You betcha. Will I be happy when we win? You betcha. I will not apologize for that.

To that end moving forward I want to see continued improvement from McChesney. This team is still scary. Who is to say these guys don't get hot from behind the ARC and start winning some games? McChesney hit a couple the other game. I have watched a ton of valley games this season. We can beat anyone and we can lose to anyone. St Louis is going to be crazy.

Redbird82

This! I have zero control over who the coach is. So I choose to root for ISU. I always have no matter who the coach is or how the team is doing. I want whoever the current players are to win games. These kids shouldn't be rooted against so a coach is fired. These kids chose to come here and once a Redbird always a Redbird. I wanted Nagy fired from the bears last season but I had zero control over it. Did I still root for the Bears? Yes. Don't get me started on the Cubs. The fact is we as fans don't have any control unless we want to personally buyout a contract. I am not going to do that. So until Dan is gone count me as a fan routing for the birds. Will I be pissed when we lose? You betcha. Will I be happy when we win? You betcha. I will not apologize for that.

To that end moving forward I want to see continued improvement from McChesney. This team is still scary. Who is to say these guys don't get hot from behind the ARC and start winning some games? McChesney hit a couple the other game. I have watched a ton of valley games this season. We can beat anyone and we can lose to anyone. St Louis is going to be crazy.
I agree with most of this. The transfer portal makes next season a complete question mark for everyone in college basketball, so just root for this year’s team, until the season is over. You can’t count on the future anymore so maximize every year. We all agree we would be better with another coach, but why belabor the point? That situation will take care of itself in time, so I just want to see wins this year.

Redbird Alum 2004

Life is too short to root for something that won't happen until end of season at the earliest, after next season most likely and then wait for that coach to build his program.

MadBird

I agree with most of this. The transfer portal makes next season a complete question mark for everyone in college basketball, so just root for this year’s team, until the season is over. You can’t count on the future anymore so maximize every year. We all agree we would be better with another coach, but why belabor the point? That situation will take care of itself in time, so I just want to see wins this year.
Yes, I agree with most of yours.

The portal giveth, the portal taketh away. Is Freeman better than Horne? Prolly not - but he HAS helped us win games this year. Is Kendall Lewis better than Mahorcic? Maybe, maybe not, but he HAS helped us win games this year. Sy Chatman? Helped. McChesney? Helped.

I sure hope Reeves stays and gives himself a chance to put himself up there with Billy Lewis and Osiris and LeRoy Watkins among the best Chicago Public League players of all time at ISU (he's up there somewhere already), but if he chooses to move on, damn, but who's next? Come on down!

Baltimore Bird

Yes, Reeves could really put himself into rarefied air in Redbird history if he stays 2 more years after this one. He can do that. Even if he stays just next year, he will finish with some great numbers. FYI...Doug Collins did not play on very good ISU teams either.
McChesney can play. I look forward to seeing him develop.
Beat SIU and Indiana State twice and we will get 6th. If we don't we will finish 7,8 or 9th.

CaliRdBrd

I’m willing to bet Reeves doesn’t give a rats ass about his placement in Redbird basketball history. If another program gives him a better shot to the NBA, he’s gone. And he should be.

Redbird82

I’m willing to bet Reeves doesn’t give a rats ass about his placement in Redbird basketball history. If another program gives him a better shot to the NBA, he’s gone. And he should be.
Almost certainly true, but in looking at the guys who left this year is anyone really in a better position than if they stayed?

CaliRdBrd

Almost certainly true, but in looking at the guys who left this year is anyone really in a better position than if they stayed?
Horne was the only one with potential next level talent and he seems to be doing fine. Definitely getting better visibility than he would’ve at ISU, I would think.

bombay

Horne was the only one with potential next level talent and he seems to be doing fine. Definitely getting better visibility than he would’ve at ISU, I would think.

He's on a great 6-12 team! But he does shoot every time he touches the ball.

Top Bottom