Wichita Loses

Birdman85

Dan Muller
‏Verified account @DanMuller
now25 seconds ago

I guess switching conferences doesn't magically make things better. Valley teams advance in the Dance #MVC

Dan throwing salt.

Retire 12

STOKED he's doing it too. Kick them while they're down. They deserve it.

So many good seniors on that team couldn't get it done today.... wonder why.

Redbirdwarrior

giphy.gif

Dan spitting HOT FIRE.

Phantom

Shox fans not happy with that tweet haha! Screw it man, throw a little salt once in awhile.

Let's get the Shox on the schedule for next year!

ChiRedbirdfan

I would feel good about the Muller tweet if ISU was not on a 21 year ncaa tourney drought.

DannyCooksey

I thought they would go far this year in the NCAA's. I wonder if they tuned out their coach? Unfortunately no camera shots of Mrs TrailerTrash Marshall and her 1987 Aqua-Net soaked Jersey fried Bon Jovi mall-hair. seriously ugly woman.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/gqcwjw/picture139550793/alternates/LANDSCAPE_1140/lynn

BTbird

He raises a good point. Changing the conference clearly did not help WSU this year.

Red Rocker

Reason they lost was exceptional defensive guard play of the Thundering Herd. Shamet was off and Shox did not look as intense as what they showed in previous tournaments.

Buffalo had excellent guard play last night, glad to see we added a guard, could use another big physical guard.

Blown chance for WSU, they could have made a big run with that team although WVU would have been a tough match up for them.

Dan, more big physical guards.

RedbirdNation24

BTbird said:
He raises a good point. Changing the conference clearly did not help WSU this year.

I hope this is sarcasm, because it sure as hell did. They went from a 10-seed last year to a 4-seed this year. I do think their conference is overrated, but it is quite a jump up from the MVC in terms of opportunities for quality wins.

Birdswin

Apparently Seth Davis is calling himself RedbirdNation24 - because that is what he said during the selection show - ha, ha, ha.

However, switching conferences did nothing for Wichita, in terms of winning a first round game - failed. Loyola won.

RedbirdNation24

Birdswin said:
Apparently Seth Davis is calling himself RedbirdNation24 - because that is what he said during the selection show - ha, ha, ha.

However, switching conferences did nothing for Wichita, in terms of winning a first round game - failed. Loyola won.

The conference has nothing to do with winning one particular game. The point is, on paper they were able to get a much easier opponent than they likely would have if they were in the valley.

ThisIsTheLineup

The Shocker fans got out of their basement to reply to Dan. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingO

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22797523/illinois-state-redbirds-coach-defends-missouri-valley-taking-shot-gregg-marshall

I love that dan did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTbird

RedbirdNation24 said:
BTbird said:

I hope this is sarcasm, because it sure as hell did. They went from a 10-seed last year to a 4-seed this year. I do think their conference is overrated, but it is quite a jump up from the MVC in terms of opportunities for quality wins.

For the last 5 years, they have made it to at least the round of 32 with a sweet 16 and final 4 thrown in there. The year they go to a higher conference, they lose the first round. They very likely could have gotten the 4 seed or a similar seed had they stayed in the MVC. Not saying they shouldn't have changed conferences but the change didn't help them this year.

birdballfan

RedbirdNation24 said:
Birdswin said:

The conference has nothing to do with winning one particular game. The point is, on paper they were able to get a much easier opponent than they likely would have if they were in the valley.

Apparently not easy enough!!!!

Top Bottom