Who gets to stay??

Redbirdfan76

Who does everyone think will stay based on Pedon’s statement regarding buying into his program?
Just to start I believe the following will be here in November:

Fleming
Lewis
Freeman
McChesney
Chatman

Not sure about Reeves.

Everyone else’s thoughts?

MadBird

Schmitt? I still see promise there, altho I sure was disappointed in the way his season went. If he lifts for 6-8 months he might get the strength he needs? Do you think he'd choose to go elsewhere or would get "run off" by Pedon for being too passive, etc.?

I wonder what Reeves learned last summer? Where does he think he is? Let's say he gets a "better" offer - will he average 20 ppg at, say, Wisconsin? Or does he stand a better chance drawing attention coming back and getting another solid high-scoring season in at Old State U? Does Pedon come in and say, look pal, I've sent guys to the NBA and other pro leagues, I know what it takes just as well as any of these other guys at some other school, stick with me and your pals and let's get it done, put this program on the map, etc?

jbird

Given Coach P's declaration that he wants an offense that runs from the inside out, I could see Chatman and Schmitt still having a role here, although I agree that Schmitt would benefit from a lot of time in the weight room and maybe 20-25 more pounds.

Rollbirds5

Given Coach P's declaration that he wants an offense that runs from the inside out, I could see Chatman and Schmitt still having a role here, although I agree that Schmitt would benefit from a lot of time in the weight room and maybe 20-25 more pounds.
and maybe figure out a post move or two, his offense was non-existent last year out side of a wide open layup or dunk

Rollbirds5

Who I'd like to stay: Reeves, Chatman, Lewis, McChesney, Strong (if he wants to use extra year I think he has)
Everybody else I'm totally fine with leaving and letting Pedon try to replace thru transfer portal or high school recruits

Last edited:

RedbirdSoxFan

Who I'd like to stay: Reeves, Chapman, Lewis, McChesney, Strong (if he wants to use extra year I think he has)
Everybody else I'm totally fine with leaving and letting Pedon try to replace thru transfer portal or high school recruits
You’re ok with Howie leaving?

MadBird

Wonder if distinguished alum Mr. Collins would be persuasive to Tone? He counseled AD Kyle and Coach Ryan. Maybe he could have a word with Tone about his future. Provide him with some sort of "stipend" to stay at Old State U.?

Top Bottom