vs UNI - 2/15/22 7 pm - ESPN+

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Let's talk about basketball!!

UNI is still very much in the MVC race. AJ Green is still there, after 40 years it seems. I don't expect a win but hey can we not get blown out? Please?

B

BirdGrad2011

I have no clue what to expect over these last few games.

RedbirdSoxFan

I predict if they can ride their emotions to a win tomorrow, they will avoid Thursday in St Louis. If they don’t win tomorrow, they will be playing Thursday in St Louis.
I will not make a prediction for tomorrow’s game because I don’t want to jinx them! Go Birds!!!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
They have like a 5% chance of not playing Thursday right now, according to Hackman. SIU has a much easier schedule than us if I remember.

Redbird82

They have like a 5% chance of not playing Thursday right now, according to Hackman. SIU has a much easier schedule than us if I remember.
SIU has a tougher schedule, but a 2 game lead and the tiebreaker. Even if we split with them no way we catch them in the NET

RedbirdSoxFan

IF Bradley wins @ SIU (good odds)
IF SIU loses @ Drake (good odds)
IF Illinois State beats UNI (not so good odds)
IF Illinois State beats Indiana State (good odds)
IF these four scenarios happen, and ISU wins the game @ SIU, the Birds would avoid Thursday.
I don’t see the Birds winning @ Bradley or beating Loyola @ RBA. But they have to win @ least one between UNI, Bradley, or Loyola.

Edit: since they are now using the NET for the tie-breaker We will need SIU to lose @ Indiana State.

As long as they have a chance RedbirdSoxFan will be cheering for them.

Last edited:

RedbirdSoxFan

SIU has a tougher schedule, but a 2 game lead and the tiebreaker. Even if we split with them no way we catch them in the NET
You are correct about the tie-breaker. I forgot about them using the net now. Was thinking that since we would have to beat UNI tomorrow to have a chance that would give us wins against UNI, Missouri State, and Bradley.
Guess we will have to hope SIU loses @ Indiana State, and Indiana State loses @Missouri State or @Drake.

Last edited:

SgtHulka

I smell a 15 game winning streak brewing

with GIF

CaliRdBrd

It’s not uncommon for a move like this to light a fire under the players so I’ll bet we see a win here.
Not sure what that means long term.

On another note it is telling that Muller suddenly decided to step down immediately. Was it because he truly didn’t want to be a distraction, or did the players decided they’d rather move on without him?

Bird Friend

It’s not uncommon for a move like this to light a fire under the players so I’ll bet we see a win here.
Not sure what that means long term.

On another note it is telling that Muller suddenly decided to step down immediately. Was it because he truly didn’t want to be a distraction, or did the players decided they’d rather move on without him?
You must really hate him. All you can think of regarding Dan are the negative options.

jamminjamarsmiley

You must really hate him. All you can think of regarding Dan are the negative options.
I think Cali is asking a legit question, what changed from this morning? It’s quite easy to envision a scenario where the players, in the moment said sure keep coaching, but then had time to process it and thought, huh maybe we can win in STL if we change things up. I’m not saying it happened but it seems plausible. Open to other theories

Top Bottom