Valley Schedule

Rollbirds

Just went through our remaining schedule. I’m just curious to know why we don’t play each team twice in conference play? It appears we only play 20 conference games. Only play Drake and Missouri State once. Is this the norm for 12 team conferences? Why not just replace 2 non con games with two more conference games?

Manchester Matt

Just went through our remaining schedule. I’m just curious to know why we don’t play each team twice in conference play? It appears we only play 20 conference games. Only play Drake and Missouri State once. Is this the norm for 12 team conferences? Why not just replace 2 non con games with two more conference games?
The Pac 12 also plays 20 conference games.

B

BirdGrad2011

We just moved from 18 to 20. You need non con to prepare, get bought, MTE’s, etc. If the MVC wants to get back to multiple bids it will be due to success in that non con.

SgtHulka

The way the drake and the bears played yesterday, we should be pissed we don't get them twice

stats

Few teams are close to top form, the first month of the season. Most would probably disagree with me (especially those doing the scheduling), I would actually like to see a few less conference games in college basketball, but spread out more conference games throughout the season. It will never happen anyway.

Adunk33

Staff member
Top four teams get bye’s
Four games on Thursday
Quarterfinals on Friday
A basketball lover's dream. 11 games in 4 days. It seems like the conference might be a little closer than some originally thought. Bradley has been the most impressive but all 12 teams have shown they can be beaten. I anticipate a lot of competitive games throughout the season and down in STL.

RedbirdSoxFan

A basketball lover's dream. 11 games in 4 days. It seems like the conference might be a little closer than some originally thought. Bradley has been the most impressive but all 12 teams have shown they can be beaten. I anticipate a lot of competitive games throughout the season and down in STL.
For those of you going down to St. Louis, check out the new soccer stadium. It is down just past Union Station. If you went to Frisco it is like Toyota Stadium (but seating capacity about 2,000 more).

Adunk33

Staff member
For those of you going down to St. Louis, check out the new soccer stadium. It is down just past Union Station. If you went to Frisco it is like Toyota Stadium (but seating capacity about 2,000 more).
When I heard they were building it, I thought that it wouldn't be a surprise for STL to submit a bid in the future to try to host the FCS title game. I don't know what the current contract is with Frisco, though.

SgtHulka

Bastards built it right on top of the $2 lot I used to park for the weekend
Better Off Dead Cash GIF by MOODMAN

TBS_20

When I heard they were building it, I thought that it wouldn't be a surprise for STL to submit a bid in the future to try to host the FCS title game. I don't know what the current contract is with Frisco, though.
I doubt it will ever happen. St Louis will be 58 this week. Other days the high is 39. Which will you get? They'll keep it in Texas.

ISU86

I doubt it will ever happen. St Louis will be 58 this week. Other days the high is 39. Which will you get? They'll keep it in Texas.
Same can be said for Texas. It was in the 30’s when we played in Texas.
Kansas City, Kansas hosted D-II finals for four years at their soccer stadium and had the largest attendance in it's history. Third weekend in December. Temperatures were 43, 52, 13 (snow), 61.

Redbird222

What the hell is happening in Cedar Falls? UNI just lost another home game to a now 4 - 6 South Florida team. They are now 3 - 7 with three home wins against Wartburg, NIU and Evansville.

Hamdonger

Top four teams get bye’s
Four games on Thursday
Quarterfinals on Friday
In other words, if you want to win the tournament...you pretty much have to get a bye. 4 wins in 4 days. That might happen 1 or 2 times out of 100.

redbirds2000

In other words, if you want to win the tournament...you pretty much have to get a bye. 4 wins in 4 days. That might happen 1 or 2 times out of 100.
I think it has happened 3 of the last 5 years in the Big Ten tournament.

Top Bottom