Signing day

gobirds85

The Hauser bros from Marquette will have to sit a year but they will look good in Redbird red. Who am I kidding?

Adunk33

Staff member
It's just the start of the spring signing period. Still plenty of time for kids to decide to commit. I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in a D1 sit out transfer.

B

BirdGrad2011

Tomorrow is spring signing day and start of the signing period. We are still down an assistant and the 2 main pieces that came to campus have taken visits elsewhere and I’m not seeing much optimism. Not making a move is setting this program further back.

ISU FAN 1

Whoever Dan brings in, let artificial intelligence teach them to shoot.

https://www.sporttechie.com/homecourt-basketball-artificial-intelligence-computer-vision-ios-apple-cuban-hinkie-nash-lin/

ChiRedbirdfan

gobirds85 said:
The Hauser bros from Marquette will have to sit a year but they will look good in Redbird red. Who am I kidding?

that is funny. 85% percent chance they end up in Madison as they have been communicating for a couple of weeks (prior to their transfer announcement) with some current badger players about transferring to Wisconsin. The brothers are going to hear other offers but are a strong lean towards Wisconsin.

The transfer world is so significant however can't have too many schollies sitting idle as we have had the past couple of years. The past two years ISU has been running at about 30% short on players due to ineligible scholarship players combined with the lack of a robust preferred/walkon players That comes at a huge huge price as we have experienced. Having 3, 4 or 5 ineligible scholarships tied up consistently is a recipe for failure, IMO.

SgtHulka

SoCalRedbird said:
Have we picked up anyone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

500-1517618561.9031.gif

ChiRedbirdfan

BirdGrad2011 said:
Tomorrow is spring signing day and start of the signing period. We are still down an assistant and the 2 main pieces that came to campus have taken visits elsewhere and I’m not seeing much optimism. Not making a move is setting this program further back.

Reeves (simeon kid) would be a meaningful sign up for ISU. ISU in the running but SIU going HARD after this player. The new SIU staff has 2 current coaches (one Mullin) that have been involved with Reeves recruiting including one assistant coach that knows the parents going back a few years. Reeves had an in home visit with SIU staff and also visited SIU this week. Reeves also close with the Evanston guard that committed to SIU but who knows how much that influences? Will be interesting to see how this tug of war plays out. Supposedly some other universities are also talking with the family.

This is why ISU needs an assistant coach like Tim Anderson that has strong ties to Chicago. ISU seems to be lacking ties to the Chicagoland recruiting world, IMO.

ricohill

ChiRedbirdfan said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

Reeves (simeon kid) would be a meaningful sign up for ISU. ISU in the running but SIU going HARD after this player. The new SIU staff has 2 current coaches (one Mullin) that have been involved with Reeves recruiting including one assistant coach that knows the parents going back a few years. Reeves had an in home visit with SIU staff and also visited SIU this week. Reeves also close with the Evanston guard that committed to SIU but who knows how much that influences? Will be interesting to see how this tug of war plays out. Supposedly some other universities are also talking with the family.

This is why ISU needs an assistant coach like Tim Anderson that has strong ties to Chicago. ISU seems to be lacking ties to the Chicagoland recruiting world, IMO.

I would bet Reeves ends up at SIU and we get Derrick Cook Jr.. Both visited the same weekend. That is my prediction based on the momentum of their recruiting.

There is still some time to pick up some players, but the clock is starting to get near midnight for any meaningful transfers or recruits.

Agree on Chicago. It would be one thing if Illinois was getting all the talent there, but to watch it go to Loyola, Valpo, and now SIU is not good.

gobirds85

ChiRedbirdfan said:
gobirds85 said:

that is funny. 85% percent chance they end up in Madison as they have been communicating for a couple of weeks (prior to their transfer announcement) with some current badger players about transferring to Wisconsin. The brothers are going to hear other offers but are a strong lean towards Wisconsin.

The transfer world is so significant however can't have too many schollies sitting idle as we have had the past couple of years. The past two years ISU has been running at about 30% short on players due to ineligible scholarship players combined with the lack of a robust preferred/walkon players That comes at a huge huge price as we have experienced. Having 3, 4 or 5 ineligable scholarships tied up consistently is a recipe for failure, IMO.

I think 85% is on the low side here. I have a good Marquette friend who is dialed in there and he told me that there were issues between Howard and the brothers early on. Once Howard decided to come back, the decision was finalized. They will be Badgers.

ChiRedbirdfan

gobirds85 said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
gobirds85 said:

The transfer world is so significant however can't have too many schollies sitting idle as we have had the past couple of years. The past two years ISU has been running at about 30% short on players due to ineligible scholarship players combined with the lack of a robust preferred/walkon players That comes at a huge huge price as we have experienced. Having 3, 4 or 5 ineligible scholarships tied up consistently is a recipe for failure, IMO.

I think 85% is on the low side here. I have a good Marquette friend who is dialed in there and he told me that there were issues between Howard and the brothers early on. Once Howard decided to come back, the decision was finalized. They will be Badgers.
Good to hear if from that side as well....i'm very pro-badgers

V Boy

We have 3 scholarships available and signing day has already come and gone and there is nothing going on here? Isn’t that a concern for people?

Feels like there is no excitement going on with this program at all right now.

Baltimore Bird

I am extremely concerned. Do I think we will get players? Yes. What we need? Not so sure about that.

SgtHulka

I'm hearing the entire recruiting community is blackballing us

Thanks Muller

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Spring signing period is always slower and doesn't have the fanfare of the first day.

We didn't know about MY transferring until May for instance.

Top Bottom