ISU Football Tickets - NDSU game - Nov 18th .. buy now !!

fourthandshort

This deserves its own thread .. it is the most important home game from fan perspective to ensure west side is not all yellow and green .. huge game for fans to represent Redbird Nation on many levels.

I just got my 4 tix for NDSU gamein section 102. Already bought 2-pack for Homcoming & Family weekend. Too hard to make all home games, so usually get to 3 games.

Good news is ticket office has blocked off the entire student section (124-26) so Red Alert can do their thing .. this better be on everyone's radar .. need to get WAY WAY WAY out in front of this one.

Keep Campus open until noon saturday, and serve bfast saturday morning. then figure out a way to allow dorm students to grab their suit cases after game and head home for thanksagiving break.

Need to step up our game for this huge game .. not just because it is NDSU but because this game could determine whether we are top 8 seed with a bye, or at least guarantee play off spot and possible host opportunity in 1st round.

Red Alert & Sports Admin people certainly can't ignore home opener, homecoming, and family day ... but need to start planning how we get students to stick around for NDSU game ... plus alumni and BloNo community.

Week 12, but Game 11 ... November 18th Noon game .. senior day, right before thanksgiving week. Time to step it up Redbird Nation ... buy tickets TODAY !!!!

Redbird28

Just bought our 3 in 102 Row 25 for this one. See you all there. Go Birds!

Birdfan 4Life

Count me in for 10 Tickets for this game.

I have 4 Season tickets...added on 4 to my Season Ticket form in January for this game but they still had not been allocated until I just called in to the Ticket Office :shock: . I now have 10 tickets for the game after I closed out the row with 2 more. At $25/ticket this game is a steal!!

DannyCooksey

a colleague just procured 4 tix for the game. prob the only one I will be able to attend in the reg season. ;)

Phantom

Just got 4 tix in sec 102.

Sucks this game is over Thanksgiving break, so students will be gone. BUTTTT my hope is we are good enough and in the playoff hunt so this game will have a lot of extra buzz and students will be there for the game.

Fingers crossed on the weather too.

fourthandshort

so looked it up .. rough numbers we have 21,000 undergrad + grad, of which 32% or 7,000 live on campus - mostly FR, some SO. So the other 14k live off campus or commuting ... so 2/3rds will no be gettting kicked out of dorms. Ought to be able to get at least 1,000 students, if not more for a big game like this one.

Phantom

fourthandshort said:
so looked it up .. rough numbers we have 21,000 undergrad + grad, of which 32% or 7,000 live on campus - mostly FR, some SO. So the other 14k live off campus or commuting ... so 2/3rds will no be gettting kicked out of dorms. Ought to be able to get at least 1,000 students, if not more for a big game like this one.

Feels like we say that every year regarding Senior Day, and every year, even during huge years like '14 and '15, it's always the smallest crowd of the year. Awful weather for those two Senior Days surely didn't help either, but it just seems like everyone bails as soon as they can over break.

TreRoberson4Heisman

fourthandshort said:

The game is the first Saturday of Thanksgiving Break. I'm sure there will be plenty who stay if the Birds can be around 8 wins to see a great game.

fourthandshort

Phantom said:
fourthandshort said:

Feels like we say that every year regarding Senior Day, and every year, even during huge years like '14 and '15, it's always the smallest crowd of the year. Awful weather for those two Senior Days surely didn't help either, but it just seems like everyone bails as soon as they can over break.
so true unfortunately .. but we've never hosted NDSU for this last weekend game on Senior Day before Thanksgiving. Game could have serious consequences for playoff posistioning, plus it is NDSU and larger drawing power .. especially if we get out front of this.

Fans, Red Alert and Sports Admin need to just keep one thought .. better yet, one visual in front of their minds ... the threat of a sea of Bison yellow/green in Hancock when we will likely be playing for conference championship and/or with top 8 playoff seed for the taking. That is the difference this year with yet again hosting that weekend for Senior Day.

MPE773

Looks like our fan base is really jumping all over these tickets....sigh...

fourthandshort

mpe ... just day 2 of tickets going public.

Besides our fan board went down and we're still ramping up users .. so this is hardly a good barameter of interest. I'm going to bump this thread severl times this summer, and then more during season just to keep it on everyone's radar .. particularly Red Alert and Sports Admin types who follow this board. Unique situation this year with Senior Day .. just have to try to get people fired up.

Birdfan 4Life

I know fourth... has talked about keeping the dorms open longer to accommodate the Noon kickoff time for students. I saw the following mentioned on Page 4 of ISU's incoming Freshman Survival Guide. https://issuu.com/videtteonline/docs/2017_vidette_survival_guide_merged

Watterson, Haynie, and Wright will close at 2 PM Saturday Nov 18th.
Manchester, Hewitt, Wilkins, and Cardinal Court will remain open all Thanksgiving Break for their residents.

fourthandshort

bf4l ... thanks for link and info .. and bumping this thread.

Red Alert needs to package this up with other key home games in terms of working the students.

p.s. being in contention is also kind of important

fourthandshort

time to ramp up this up .. see this Bison exchange on AGS today. Note, SDSU and USD both delay putting tickets on sale when they host NDSU.
... for the simple reason of preventing NDSU from organizing to buy up their home game tickets. They simply give priority to their own ticket buyers and refuse to sell to anyone else. ISU Ticket office needs to do this .. take the NDSU game tickets off the market now.

Also note, AGS polls have us finishing 3rd and competing this year .. AGS is dominated by many Bison fans .. so they know we are going to be good and this game 11 could decide the conference and who hosts a future playoff game should we meet again. Top 8 seeds dictate who hosts .. no bidding if you are top 8.

STOP SELLING NDSU GAME TICKETS TO GENERAL PUBLIC NOW !! This is a big deal .. huge game at home and half our stadium will be yellow and green if we do nothing.

See exchange on AGS below.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?190666-MVFC-2017-Brought-to-you-by-Casey-s-Pizza&p=2504543&posted=1#post2504543

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post

Got my Ill State/NDSU tickets, no problem.

Called the SDSU ticket office to get tickets. Asked to get NDSU game tickets and the gal asked if I had purchased tickets last year. I said no because the game was in Fargo. She told me they give priority to people that bought tickets last year. I asked if other games are available and she said yes. She said the Bison game tickets go on sale Sept 18th. Aug 1st for all games except the NDSU game. Interesting.....

How many empty seats might there be?
They are waiting as long as they can before they sell them to NDSU fans. They have done that for the last 2-3 games there. USD as well.

fourthandshort

need to fire someone in ticket office .. here was Bison reply to my post on AGS, thanking them for ideas from what SDSU and USD do to prevent NDSU from buying up all the tickets to early .. he's a good guy .. especially for sharing this info with me on AGS.
Bison Fan in NW MN;2504550 said:
The guy that helped me at the ticket office said there will be plenty of tickets for Bison fans, especially since the game is Nov 11th.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of green/yellow

uh .. shut the NDSU game down to outsiders today !!!!

MPE773

fourthandshort said:
need to fire someone in ticket office .. here was Bison reply to my post on AGS, thanking them for ideas from what SDSU and USD do to prevent NDSU from buying up all the tickets to early .. he's a good guy .. especially for sharing this info with me on AGS.
The guy that helped me at the ticket office said there will be plenty of tickets for Bison fans, especially since the game is Nov 11th.

Ummmm, our fans aren't buying them. They've been on sale for awhile.

fourthandshort

MPE773 said:
fourthandshort said:

First, i don't care. Second, it has only been 2 weeks. Not kidding myself about difficulty engaging our fan base .. but fully willing to deal with our reality.

But it is really hard to ignore that SDSU and USD began doing it for a reason ... and we ought to easily deduce it was for good reason. Besides,. there is no harm in making NDSU wait to buy remaining tickets until sometime during season. The more we win, the longer we should make them wait.

ChiRedbirdfan

MPE773 said:
fourthandshort said:

Too bad the NDSU game was not scheduled on ISU's bye game date this year (week #2). I bet ISU students and fans would be all over it. It would be early in the year when students have arrived and homework has not piled up as well as ideal weather. Probably not much of a ticket revenue loss since NDSU fans will buy them up but a loss opportunity for promoting ISU football to its students and fans short term and long term which is what is needed if ISU is trying to build a football fan base. Before the onslaught I know ISU has to work with the MVC on scheduling but ISU and the MVC should be making games more fan attractive every way possible. Put at least one big conference game earlier in the year. Seriously how jacked up would the game environment be if this game was week #2 or was even the season tip off game for each team? I don't buy the concept that conference games have to be at the end of the season or that you can not play a big game early in the year. Example, Alabama and Florida State open against each other on September 2 and Ohio State is playing Indiana in a conference game on August 31st of this year. Those early season big match ups (like Wisconsin Vs LSU last year) are some of the best, IMO.

ChiRedbirdfan

fourthandshort said:
MPE773 said:
fourthandshort said:

First, i don't care. Second, it has only been 2 weeks. Not kidding myself about difficulty engaging our fan base .. but fully willing to deal with our reality.

But it is really hard to ignore that SDSU and USD began doing it for a reason ... and we ought to easily deduce it was for good reason. Besides,. there is no harm in making NDSU wait to buy remaining tickets until sometime during season. The more we win, the longer we should make them wait.

Agree if NDSU fans are going to buy the tickets one way or another I would make the NDSU fans wait as long as possible in order to give ISU fans, especially students, every possible opportunity to attend the game.

fourthandshort

exactly .. and the more we win, the hotter that ticket, the longer we make them wait. We should not care about taking their money .. we should only care about optimizing Redbird attendance for that NDSU game.

Stop selling tickets to general public .. start a priority reserving system. SDSU hosts NDSU on Nov 4th, and is not opening ticket sales to public until Sept 18th. So no harm in learning/copying from a program who knows the Bison fan base best.

So, we should not start selling tickets publicly until 2 weeks later than SDSU does. For us, that is after the 9/30 InSU home game .. say Oct 2nd. Assuming we could be sitting 3-0, we have to market the sh-t out of that NDSU game. Get Red Alert on the phones with alumni, AD blasts emails to their entire Redbird fan base.

I am not kidding at all here .. we need to get way out front of this .. this is huge statement game for team and fan base. Away side should be at most 1/3 yellow and green.

Top Bottom