Hein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

Broke his hand in practice yesterday. Only 8 dressed players now. Milik will see a lot of time at guard tonight

ricohill

Don't want to see someone get hurt, but probably a good addition by subtraction injury. Muller wasn't going to take him out of the lineup.

PurpleRedbird

ricohill said:
Don't want to see someone get hurt, but probably a good addition by subtraction injury. Muller wasn't going to take him out of the lineup.
Yeah it's so much better to only have 8 players.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DannyCooksey

Bad luck for Hein. I hope he gets well soon.

I don't ever want to Hear HCDM say another word in the pre-season about how deep and talented his team is. it's so hollow. Every single year we see severe depth issues. every year.

Bird Friend

DannyCooksey said:

I don't ever want to Hear HCDM say another word in the pre-season about how deep and talented his team is. it's so hollow. Every single year we see severe depth issues. every year.

Just curious, what will you do if Muller does talk about depth and talent?

Rollbirds

Starting to think Iverson was really on to something....
https://youtu.be/tknXRyUEJtU

cubird

Believe Hein has the best assist turnover ratio! Foul trouble on the road can be an issue. Hein usually guards the hottest guard. MY is not entirely healthy. Gassman back in the mix.

ricohill

Hein in MVC play has 17 fouls, 7 points, 11 assists, and 7 turnovers. 2-14 from the field and 0-9 from 3. Phil, Milik, and Rey are the only players with a worse assist to turnover ratio.

Birdfriend72

Bird Friend said:
DannyCooksey said:

I'm curious? What will you do if we make no post season this season or next year?

Birdfriend72

cubird said:
Believe Hein has the best assist turnover ratio! Foul trouble on the road can be an issue. Hein usually guards the hottest guard. MY is not entirely healthy. Gassman back in the mix.

What are you smoking during the games? It looks like we go to a weak zone and get lit up...like at Bradley when he comes in the game.

Bird Friend

Birdfriend72 said:
Bird Friend said:
DannyCooksey said:

I'm curious? What will you do if we make no post season this season or next year?

How can you not know if you're curious or not?

ChiRedbirdfan

DannyCooksey said:

Too bad for Hein and his injury. Though I do not see the value of Hein's in game contributions I do believe Hein is valuable to the team in many other ways...works hard in practice, positive attitude, good teammate....etc. This injury hurts the team, IMO.

As for the HDCM comment, I support Muller utilizing transfers to try to build a roster of talented players. However, Muller seems to be relying on the transfers too much which is leaving ISU thin year after year as we have multiple scholarships sitting out year after year. You can blame the short bench on the injuries but a coach needs to plan on losing at least 2 players a year due to injury as that is not uncommon.

stats

My fear is our players will give up too many easy baskets with the fear of fouling out. Serious question. Is it too late to get a couple wak-ons?

chuckie1980

As hard as Hein fights on the floor....Hein will be back on the court quickly. Heal Quickly, Hein!

ISU FAN 1

Not a fan of Hein’s game, but wouldn’t wish injury on anyone. If Josh were healthy, I would view his increased time as a net positive. But now we’re down both, and Hein brought value to this roster limited in numbers.

The Beak

ricohill said:
8 without Hein is better than 9 with him.

Weren't we down to five or six players at the end of one game this year because of similar circumstances?

Didn't something similar happen last year?

Fayne, MY and Evans all fouled out. That was with 9 dressing.

Maybe my BB IQ isn't high, but I'll take my chances with the extra body over playing 4 on 5.

SgtHulka

PurpleRedbird said:
ricohill said:
Yeah it's so much better to only have 8 players.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You know what they say

10719154_738339212913525_1194424343_n.jpg

cpacmel

The Beak said:
ricohill said:
8 without Hein is better than 9 with him.

Weren't we down to five or six players at the end of one game this year because of similar circumstances?

Didn't something similar happen last year?

Fayne, MY and Evans all fouled out. That was with 9 dressing.

Maybe my BB IQ isn't high, but I'll take my chances with the extra body over playing 4 on 5.
Probably at ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom