Gassman

RedbirdMan

Seems like a weird thing to do but he is transferring out. I really don’t see many D-1 colleges giving him a look for substantial minutes.

Gassman- Gone
Hein and Copeland- Rumors about leaving

Standard Muller offseason.

Redbird Alum 2004

Hmmmm seems odd but maybe he wants to be on scholarship and he knows that won't happen at ISU. I wish him the best. Great kid and great family.

SgtHulka

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Hmmmm seems odd but maybe he wants to be in scholarship and he knows that won't happen at ISU. I wish him the best. Great kid and great family.

:text-+1:

PurpleRedbird

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Hmmmm seems odd but maybe he wants to be in scholarship and he knows that won't happen at ISU. I wish him the best. Great kid and great family.

This. Had heard that he was not going to have a scholarship for next year so not too surprising that he wants to find a place where he can. Wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors. He represented ISU well in his time here, but ultimately playing time was probably going to be difficult for him to get.

RedbirdMan

PurpleRedbird said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:

This. Had heard that he was not going to have a scholarship for next year so not too surprising that he wants to find a place where he can. Wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors. He represented ISU well in his time here, but ultimately playing time was probably going to be difficult for him to get.

Remember before this season when we said playing time would be hard to get for deeper bench players. He ended up being the sixth man for half of the Valley season. I’m not saying he should necessarily get a scholarship if there is a better option out there but saying he wouldn’t get minutes seems highly unlikely. Muller’s system/practices/training/something seems to yield 2-3 serious injuries a year. I liked Gassman and he was probably our best guard off the bench to finish the year, hate to see him go. The deeper the bench the better.

Adunk33

Staff member
He gave his all and was one of our more reliable shooters every time he was on the court. He will be missed. He redshirted his freshman year so he would lose a year if he went D1 (unless he got a waiver). I'm thinking IWU is a real possibility, where he will flourish his last 2 years.

RedbirdSoxFan

Adunk33 said:
He gave his all and was one of our more reliable shooters every time he was on the court. He will be missed. He redshirted his freshman year so he would lose a year if he went D1 (unless he got a waiver). I'm thinking IWU is a real possibility, where he will flourish his last 2 years.

I think he could play @ WIU or maybe NIU.

Chi-bird

There very well may be more stability, continuity and chemistry on a randomly-formed Saturday morning squad at Four Seasons than what we have here right now at Illinois Stare.

ISU FAN 1

Metamoron said:
Not gonna save much $$ at IWU

IWU cheaper than ISU with financial aid packages available. Niece chose IWU over ISU with that contributing factor.

Adunk33

Staff member
RedbirdSoxFan said:
Adunk33 said:

I think he could play @ WIU or maybe NIU.

Definitely could play at a lower D1. I'm just not sure the NCAA would grant him a waiver. He's already burned his RS year.

IHateWSU

Any chance he is graduating and he could be a Grad Transfer? He has been here 3 years and at least 2 summers and maybe three if he stays for this summer. And who knows if he took any classes the summer before his freshman year.

DWRedbird

Good luck Ike. Heck of a shooter and a kid, and I thought always hustled. I'll continue to follow his career wherever he is going.

birdsflyhigh

Sorry to see Ike go as always played hard and hustled....thank you for being a Redbird. I could definitely seeing him with playing time at WIU, EIU or NIU. Also will follow his career.

gobirds72

Bird Friend said:
Best 'o luck, Ike!

Could be a serious get for a D2 or D3 school.

You guys change your minds like a lady! One minute a player is great...then when he announces he is leaving he is D2! You can’t make this stuff up! You still have Hein being a stud...until he decides to leave!

Top Bottom