at Indiana State - 02/12/2022 - 12:00 PM - ESPN3

ISU86

is this the spot where the 'birds get road win number two of the season? The trees will be playing their third game in five days, the last one going double overtime.

I'll believe it when it happens.

Sam 73, Reggie 71

Adunk33

Staff member
Echoing the thoughts of the other two posts above, the Birds don't play well at the Hulman Center. If they were going to steal one on the road, it'd be this one. Indy State played a double OT game that ended around 9:15 CT, then they hopped on a bus and drove two hours home. Probably in bed around midnight and now play again in 28 hours. That's a tough ask.

Redbird Alum 2004

Echoing the thoughts of the other two posts above, the Birds don't play well at the Hulman Center. If they were going to steal one on the road, it'd be this one. Indy State played a double OT game that ended around 9:15 CT, then they hopped on a bus and drove two hours home. Probably in bed around midnight and now play again in 28 hours. That's a tough ask.
This might be the time to get that monkey off our back. I love the arena. I hate playing there. Things always seem to happen.

Any word how Fleming and Washington are doing? I would press the hell out of Indiana State with this being their fourth game this week. But if we are still short handed then we don't have the bodies to do that.

Redbirdfan76

According to Jim Benson, Muller is hopeful Fleming can play. Washington is out with an Achilles injury. No detail on extent of the injury.

91Bird

I can’t remember the last time we won at Indiana State but for some reason I think we get the win in this one.

Redbird222

I can’t remember the last time we won at Indiana State but for some reason I think we get the win in this one.
2017 but you can also say we didn't lose there last year because we didn't play at the trees ... both games were in Normal last year.

Redbird222

2017 but you can also say we didn't lose there last year because we didn't play at the trees ... both games were in Normal last year.
Here are the MVC road wins since 2017 for the Birds

@ Evansville 72 - 66
@ Missouri State 76 - 60
@ Evansville 78 - 70
@ Drake 69- 55
@ Evansville 71 - 60
@ Evansville 73 - 68
@ SIU 80 - 55
@ Bradley 88 - 71
@ Indiana St ??
@ Bradley ??
@ SIU ??

Birdswin

Benson's article this morning points out the Birds have only won once since 2007 at the Hulman Center. However, somehow, someway - there was a $50 million remodel???? Holy Cow - either the George family and/or the city of Terre Haute really stepped up. The George family is from Terre Haute - owns the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Hulman was the original owner, his daughter, Rose Hulman George inherited it. Similar in a naming situation as the McCaskey's and Halas.

Matt Hein Fan

Seen enough of Freeman by this point, seemingly the the majority of shots he takes are contested and seems to turn it over way too much for a “pass first” PG. Let Fleming/Reeves run point, offense seems to flow a lot better when they’re at controls.

Top Bottom