Any word on additional non-conference scheduling?

DoubleDeuce

It's clear that this young team would greatly benefit from more non-conference games than the three remaining. I'm sure we are trying to get more, I hope we here news on this front soon.

Redbird Alum 2004

It's clear that this young team would greatly benefit from more non-conference games than the three remaining. I'm sure we are trying to get more, I hope we here news on this front soon.
Agreed. I don't care who they are against but they need some games. It was painfully obvious that they hadn't even done a lot of full 5 on 5 scrimmages.

Redbirdfan21

On the post game of Lowell, Muller said he is hoping to get one or two more games as early as this week. A buddy of mine is on some Illini message boards and the rumor is ISU is playing Illinois on Dec 5th. Just a rumor for now.

Adunk33

Staff member
On the post game of Lowell, Muller said he is hoping to get one or two more games as early as this week. A buddy of mine is on some Illini message boards and the rumor is ISU is playing Illinois on Dec 5th. Just a rumor for now.
I saw U of I was looking for a game. In 2020, when you’re trying to get as many games in as possible, it would be ignorant for ILST and Illannoy not to play. Honestly, ISU should play IWU, Quincy, Lewis, UIC, DePaul, Saint Louis, etc. Gotta get some games in, who cares who they’re against? With everyone getting an extra year, this year really doesn’t matter. The Redbirds need to play games. That’s what will make the team better next year.

topiarydan

You hearing IUPUI on 12/5 then Western Illinois on 12/9 before heading to Ball State on 12/12?

Redbird Alum 2004

I saw U of I was looking for a game. In 2020, when you’re trying to get as many games in as possible, it would be ignorant for ILST and Illannoy not to play. Honestly, ISU should play IWU, Quincy, Lewis, UIC, DePaul, Saint Louis, etc. Gotta get some games in, who cares who they’re against? With everyone getting an extra year, this year really doesn’t matter. The Redbirds need to play games. That’s what will make the team better next year.
Agreed! Just get some games in especially since so much practice time was missed.

DoubleDeuce

I'm normally pretty darn optimistic, but I really don't want the Redbirds to get their brains beaten by this year's illini team. Who knows, after watching Illinois against Ohio anything can happen.

TIMMY

There are 13 D1 programs in Illinois and 10 in Indiana. Play them anytime, anywhere. It's a shit show for sure. Everyone knows it. Just play them and get better. Sometimes you'll get your brains beaten in. Sometimes you'll kick some butt. This year is a blow-off. So look at it as an opportunity. Suck the most out of it that you can, have fun and get better.

DBird

There are 13 D1 programs in Illinois and 10 in Indiana. Play them anytime, anywhere. It's a shit show for sure. Everyone knows it. Just play them and get better. Sometimes you'll get your brains beaten in. Sometimes you'll kick some butt. This year is a blow-off. So look at it as an opportunity. Suck the most out of it that you can, have fun and get better.
Timmy sounding like a coach with common sense again! ;)

redbirdfan04

I pray for any ISU team to get a shot at U of I, I still believe we had a chance at football this year. Well in 2003 we almost pulled off the upset vs them, lost in OT because we missed free throws if my memory serves me right. This U of I team is scary........

JHBird

Was that Greenville University, or Greenville State? :)

It might make a big difference..

bombay

Small town about 40 miles E of St Louis on I-70.

Their football program produced an nfl linebacker a few years ago - Nicholas Morrow.

Top Bottom