WTF? Is this true?

Bird Friend

Marcus Belcher (AHC at INSU) to join Birds' staff?

https://twitter.com/Rick_Sports10/status/1126197535692001283

Birdman85

Wouldn't bother me to bring him on. This staff needed to be turned over and it wouldn't surprise me if Dan had instructions that changes were needed.

RBFANTOO

Bird Friend said:
Marcus Belcher (AHC at INSU) to join Birds' staff?

https://twitter.com/Rick_Sports10/status/1126197535692001283
He has a rich MVC history with ties to SIU, Evansville, and Indiana State. However, I didn't know that the Redbirds had any open coaching slots.

CaliRdBrd

Birdman85 said:
Wouldn't bother me to bring him on. This staff needed to be turned over and it wouldn't surprise me if Dan had instructions that changes were needed.

Not being snarky, but isn’t it Dan’s program? Who would be telling him what to do ?

TIMMY

CaliRdBrd said:
Birdman85 said:

Not being snarky, but isn’t it Dan’s program? Who would be telling him what to do ?

He reports to the AD.

ricohill

If it is true, it is a good pick up. Assuming Duhon is gone (which, is a huge addition by subtraction unless you run a bar in Bloomington-Normal).

Weird and awkward to leave a conference school for another, but Lansing's ship is going down faster than the Titanic. Dan's ship is sinking at a slower rate, like the Edmund Fitzgerald. A good move by Belcher for job security since Lansing will be jobless at this time next year.

Is Desperate Dan starting to finally feel some heat? He's basically been on a well paid vacation as the ISU head coach just trying to have one good season to bolt to another job. Finally, starting to see a sense of urgency from Muller? Hard part is they are behind the 8 ball with this roster and recruiting class.

Are Jones and Belcher smart enough to save the program is the big question?

Adunk33

Staff member
I honestly though Belcher would end up with Mullins at SIU. Say what you will about Muller but he made waves this off-season regarding surrounding himself with the best he can. He added a former HC and associate HC to his staff.

ricohill

Adunk33 said:
I honestly though Belcher would end up with Mullins at SIU. Say what you will about Muller but he made waves this off-season regarding surrounding himself with the best he can. He added a former HC and associate HC to his staff.

It's an upgrade. I wouldn't call it waves. You don't take a demotion like these guys unless there is a reason. We hired two guys about to be unemployed.

They need to get players fast. This roster isn't winning anything right now.

Adunk33

Staff member
ricohill said:
Adunk33 said:
I honestly thought Belcher would end up with Mullins at SIU. Say what you will about Muller but he made waves this off-season regarding surrounding himself with the best he can. He added a former HC and associate HC to his staff.

It's an upgrade. I wouldn't call it waves. You don't take a demotion like these guys unless there is a reason. We hired two guys about to be unemployed.

Well Belcher has a pretty nice track record. Barnes, Key, Neese, Odum, and Scott. All first-team all-MVC guys.

RBFANTOO

ricohill said:
Adunk33 said:

You said a mouthful. :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:

BTbird

https://twitter.com/Rick_Sports10/status/1126227159419371520

DaveBird10

That's my question is we are hiring 2 coaches who are taking demotions and maybe paycuts. It looks great on paper but why are taking demotions and where did the $$ come from. I love the hires and makes sense just wondering how this has come about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ricohill

RBFANTOO said:
ricohill said:
Adunk33 said:

You said a mouthful. :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:

And unless Belcher or Jones has a player coming with them, we aren’t even in on an impact player right now.

Dan seems to have decided going into year 8 it is the time to build a program. Quality assistants, players without character issues. What’s next recruiting high school players from the Midwest?

Top Bottom