Who would you like to see as the next head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Dan has lost this program. Time to move on. Im sure I'll make people made with this thread but, oh well. You'll live and so will I. Probably will be deleted just because the people here seem to be afraid of upsetting the order...even though our program from team to AD office is a complete joke. Maybe seeing negative things about themselves (if by chance they come here which I doubt) would do them some good. Might as well make one for next AD, too.

Dana Ford
Luke Yaklich
Chris Jans
Other -- explain below

Bring on the name calling.

I choose Yaklich personally but I'd be okay with any of the choices listed.

TheTruth

It's probably a little early for a new coach thread but I understand your frustration and it's completely valid. Losing to an OVC team that started 3 freshman, is not acceptable. I don't want to see any posts about how the B-N community does not support this program. You have a coach and players admitting they're not playing hard, you have an athletic director MASSIVELY underperforming, stop pretending the fans are in the wrong here. The university should be laser focused on getting a new athletic director in here ASAP. If HCDM can't get this team back and win in St.Louis, all contingencies should be on the table.

Brick

Yup lose a road game against a good team and it’s time to fire Dan! Stupid!

cpacmel

Brick said:

Like clockwork these threads appear.

Always consider the source! :happy-sunny:

CaliRdBrd

Brick said:

It remains to be seen just how good Belmont is; they could lose 15 games. Its too early to tell if they're that good, or we're simply overrated (again). The fact that they're loaded with freshmen and haven't even played an exhibition games does not make us look very good.

As for Muller...How about 6 years and not a sniff of the NCAA? You're OK with that?

Something is wrong with this program...fingers will be pointed, as they should. Unless you're OK with being a perennial bridesmaid (20 plus years now, and counting)

TheTruth

cpacmel said:
Like clockwork these threads appear.

Perhaps it's because, like clockwork, the team is not ready to perform at the start of the season. They lost to an OVC team that started 3 freshmen.... there is NO WAY to spin this.

DWRedbird

CaliRdBrd said:
Brick said:

How about 6 years and not a sniff of the NCAA? You're OK with that?

Something is wrong with this program...fingers will be pointed, as they should. Unless you're OK with being a perennial bridesmaid (20 plus years now, and counting)

I think all he's saying, its let's not go complete chicken little 2 games into the season. Let's let the season play out and see where we end up before we start making a new coach short list...

SoCalRedbird

CaliRdBrd said:
Brick said:

It remains to be seen just how good Belmont is; they could lose 15 games. Its too early to tell if they're that good, or we're simply overrated (again). The fact that they're loaded with freshmen and haven't even played an exhibition games does not make us look very good.

As for Muller...How about 6 years and not a sniff of the NCAA? You're OK with that?

We'll see, but I think Belmont plays along the same lines as Loyola last year, the UNI teams of the past, Drake in 2008. Purposeful, disciplined basketball with effective post play, strong court awareness, maximum hustle, and shooters all over the court.

Belmont is going to win the OVC in a walk and make some noise in the tournament. Maybe Murray State can slow 'em down, but style of play favors Belmont.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cpacmel

CaliRdBrd said:
It remains to be seen just how good Belmont is; they could lose 15 games. Its too early to tell if they're that good, or we're simply overrated (again).

Aren’t they predicted to win their league? Is that based on reputation or people voting on how they truly think it’s gonna go down?
The fact that they're loaded with freshmen and haven't even played an exhibition games does not make us look very good.

They played 2 scrimmages though. Very similar to exhibitions. Right? Pretty sure they saw better competition in Evansville and Wofford than say Carroll is Wisconsin Parkside.

cpacmel

TheTruth said:
Perhaps it's because, like clockwork, the team is not ready to perform at the start of the season. They lost to an OVC team that started 3 freshmen.... there is NO WAY to spin this.

12 postseason invites in the last 13 years.

Lost something like 7 games at home over the past 5 years.

8 consecutive years in the top 100. (BYU, Gonzaga, Saint Mary's (CA), San Diego State, Wichita State) only other non bcs to do that.

They aren’t EIU Trouck.

Bird Friend

cpacmel said:
CaliRdBrd said:
It remains to be seen just how good Belmont is; they could lose 15 games. Its too early to tell if they're that good, or we're simply overrated (again).

Aren’t they predicted to win their league? Is that based on reputation or people voting on how they truly think it’s gonna go down?
The fact that they're loaded with freshmen and haven't even played an exhibition games does not make us look very good.

They played 2 scrimmages though. Very similar to exhibitions. Right? Pretty sure they saw better competition in Evansville and Wofford than say Carroll is Wisconsin Parkside.

After the FGCU game, Dan mentioned that they were going into the Belmont game blind. Belmont hadn't played any games, so Birds had no film to review and prepare. Dan knew Byrd would put a disciplined team on the floor, and knew some of.what Belmont would do. But they didn't know anything about the players.

Turns out they've got some good players that fit their system well and play with discipline.

Jsnhbe1Birds

You see it's not 2 games. It's 38 including exhibitions. 35 without. Same team. Same personnel same results.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Im glad to see there are a few more people on here who don't blindly go with whatever is being done just because they are our favorite team. The time has come to stop being a rah rah cheerleader and stop and say something is seriously wrong and needs to be fixed.

Keep on name calling like that's going to effect me somehow

Buffett

HEY we could be Jim Less and UC Davis, 0 wins 2 blowout losses by an average of 26 pts a game. Don't see much on Bradley fans about this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom