What are you expectations for the season now?

Jsnhbe1Birds

Seeing Milik continually sit lage minutes, Hein play large minutes, defense being poor, lots of fouls, lots of turnovers, and being exposed I'm lowering my expectations to 23-11 and an NIT berth.

I still would like to see Yaklich as head coach but realize the likelihood of Dan being fired even if they finish under .500 is poor.

Jsnhbe1Birds

for what reason? because you're annoyed by me? just hit the ignore feature. im not going to be offended because people dislike me. life is too short.

Rollbirds5

Expectations are to make the tournament still, and one tough loss to a team that rarely loses at home shouldn’t change that

Rollbirds

From the Pantagraph:

“He just doesn't compete and he's not coachable. That happened last year a bunch of times. I'll do it again,” said Muller of benching Yarbrough for long stretches.

This is very frustrating. He is a huge piece of our NCAA tourney puzzle and if he hasn't figured it out by now when will he?? :roll:

DoubleDeuce

Can't let one guy get away with not competing hard while on the court or in practice. That opens the door for everyone else.

DoubleDeuce

My expectations haven't changed. But then again I'm not a knee-jerk reaction guy.

Jsnhbe1Birds

I suppose could always be the team that needed to lose big to realize they're not going to be handed anything. I doubt it though.

ThisIsTheLineup

I think we should close up the athletic program. Maybe the school...give the state funding to schools that deserve it.

Was that the answer your were looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobirds72

ThisIsTheLineup said:
I think we should close up the athletic program. Maybe the school...give the state funding to schools that deserve it.

22 wins top. Maybe win the Valley Tournament! If we don’t win the tournament we are looking at maybe missing out on NiT. Good news is Loyola lost to Furman the other night. Maybe they are down.

ThisIsTheLineup

gobirds72 said:
ThisIsTheLineup said:

22 wins top. Maybe win the Valley Tournament! If we don’t win the tournament we are looking at maybe missing out on NiT. Good news is Loyola lost to Furman the other night. Maybe they are down.

This place is going to give me an aneurysm...

gobirds72

ThisIsTheLineup said:
gobirds72 said:
ThisIsTheLineup said:

This place is going to give me an aneurysm...

You explain to me how you see it different. This isn’t about a Pom Pom feel good moment. We are 6 deep, 7 at best. Muller refuses to tighten the ship. He plays a kid that has a good heart, but couldn’t play at IWU for over 20 minutes a game. That spells disaster.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Hein really isn't a d1 player. Neither is chastain for that matter. I truly believe dan is accepting money to let hein play at this point. No other explanation. 3 air balls with poor defense and playing over Jefferson who can flat out shoot.

Who ever said fayne for 30 minutes. evans, Yarbrough, Copeland, Tinsley for 25 minutes. Jefferson and Idowu for 20 minutes and the other 25 can go to the other 3 players is absolutely right. Although I'd switch out evans for jefferson. Switch jeff, copeland, and Yarbrough bringing ball up court.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Also, anyone notice only year we sniffed the tournament was when Yaklich was coaching an amazing d? He was credited for Michigan being runners up last season. We need to stop the love affair with dan because he's an alum. The players do what they want. He can't coach only recruit. He needs to go and they need to throw the house at Yaklich to get him to be head coach. If not go to a different alum...Dana ford.

gobirds72

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Hein really isn't a d1 player. Neither is chastain for that matter. I truly believe dan is accepting money to let hein play at this point. No other explanation. 3 air balls with poor defense and playing over Jefferson who can flat out shoot.

Who ever said fayne for 30 minutes. evans, Yarbrough, Copeland, Tinsley for 25 minutes. Jefferson and Idowu for 20 minutes and the other 25 can go to the other 3 players is absolutely right. Although I'd switch out evans for jefferson. Switch jeff, copeland, and Yarbrough bringing ball up court.

I can pretty much expect 11-15 points a game from Yarborough, Evans, Copeland, Jefferson and Fayne. The next best shooter is Bruninga and Gassman. The next best defender/rebounder is Tinsley who doesn’t shoot the ball well. That makes us 8 deep when healthy.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Gassmsn is so horrible on defense that I don't think it makes up for his offense. With Yarbrough it can make up for it at times because he can go off for 25. Not last night though.

gobirds72

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Gassmsn is so horrible on defense that I don't think it makes up for his offense. With Yarbrough it can make up for it at times because he can go off for 25. Not last night though.

Your only other option is Chastain then Hein. Pick your poison.

Jsnhbe1Birds

gobirds72 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

Your only other option is Chastain then Hein. Pick your poison.

True. I'd rather gassman get all 25 remaining minutes than hein or Chastain playing. Play 8 man rotation. 9 when Bruninga gets back

30 Fayne
25 Yarbrough
25 Jefferson
25 Copeland
20 Tinsley
20 Evans
20 Bruninga
15 Idowu
10 Gassman
5 Hein (just for other players to get breathers)
5 Chastain (ditto)

Split the rest (20 minutes) however between the first 9

Brick

Too early to change expectations based on one game. Also haven’t seen Chastain enough to write him off after a few minutes in a couple of games. Dig about Dan taking $ is ridiculous. Key will be fine with a couple more games under his belt after the layoff. Fayne IS the best player right now. He can get a good shot against anyone and he competes. MY will make or break this team. If he miraculously gets his head on straight and keeps it on then this team will be really good. Boogie back in same mold as the start of last year. When he started penetrating his game got better. Thus far it’s all about jacking up threes. We shall ser

Top Bottom