Watching some games on ESPN this evening....

bb fan

Not sure where to put this. Quinnie if you want to move or delete, I understand.

Getting the chance to watch a little BB on TV. Sooooo Oregon is playing USC in front of maybe 500 fans. About 3 minutes in, neither team has scored, and already 4 point blank layups have been missed.

I switched over to the deuce, and UCONN is playing at our old buddy's team, SMU. Maybe 2k butts in the seats. Just under the first media break, and it's 4-3. Sounds totally dead.

Wow, somebody tell me again how much the Valley sucks.

And last night, Creighton was playing their nearest conference rival DePaul. About 3k at this one, tons of empty seats. Very dull, lifeless games. At one stretch 9 straight shots were missed between the two teams. This one was on Fox Sports Midwest. I thought CU went to the BE because all the games were gonna be national network?

It's been this way for most of the televised games, most P5's. Some slam our attendance. And the quality of Valley play. Folks, college BB is struggling all over.

ChiRedbirdfan

bb fan said:
Not sure where to put this. Quinnie if you want to move or delete, I understand.

Getting the chance to watch a little BB on TV. Sooooo Oregon is playing USC in front of maybe 500 fans. About 3 minutes in, neither team has scored, and already 4 point blank layups have been missed.

I switched over to the deuce, and UCONN is playing at our old buddy's team, SMU. Maybe 2k butts in the seats. Just under the first media break, and it's 4-3. Sounds totally dead.

And last night, Creighton was playing their nearest conference rival DePaul. About 3k at this one, tons of empty seats. Very dull, lifeless games. At one stretch 9 straight shots were missed between the two teams. This one was on Fox Sports Midwest. I thought CU went to the BE because all the games were gonna be national network?

It's been this way for most of the televised games, most P5's. Some slam our attendance. And the quality of Valley play. Folks, college BB is struggling all over.

been watching the oregon usc game and the court has several illinois high school players including two starters...Rakocevic and White. If only they had known there was better basketball in the MVC. :lol:

bb fan

They sure are not playing any better than a lot of players on the Valley, Chiredbirdfan. They certainly would have played in front of a lot more fans.

ChiRedbirdfan

bb fan said:
They sure are not playing any better than a lot of players on the Valley, Chiredbirdfan. They certainly would have played in front of a lot more fans.

are you sure BB...3253 was attendance at last ISU game plus fans watching on espn plus. The Oregon USC game attendance tbd plus on main espn channel. The main ESPn channel alone is going to get lots more fans watching. As for the quality of play I'll bet the various rankings/ratings have USC and Oregon (football schools) currently ranked much higher than any MVC school.

redbirds2000

bb fan said:

So you are watching 2 teams at the bottom of their conference and 4 other teams that have to win their conference tournament in order to make the NCAA? Why would fans attend these games? This isn't 1989. There are other forms of entertainment to compete with. If you are not winning, fans are not coming, it doesn't matter who you are. If UNC was 14-13, their attendance would drop too. Fans are not attracted to losing and supporting their team. That's not how this works anymore.Turn on a game this Saturday where the teams have 20+ wins and you will see that college bball is alive and well...for the winners. Here, KU@ Texas Tech. The place will be rocking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ISU FAN 1

bb fan said:

FWIW, the PAC12 is trending to be a 1 bid league just like the MVC for this season. Lunardi currently has Arizona State as the lone NCAA entrant as a 12 seed. So yes, the MVC and PAC12 both suck this year.

Attendance issues are related to what I’m typing on right now. People can’t get off their phones. Why pay to sit in an arena to look at your iPhone? Oversimplified? Yes. But mobile technology has replaced many traditional forms of entertainment. They’re addictive, and the dopamine hit from a “like” is more satisfying to many than watching college basketball.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
bb fan's point is that this isn't an ISU sucks at promoting issue or even the MVC being bad. It's all over the place. Attendence is down outside of places like Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky.

Redbirds4Life

ISU FAN 1 said:
bb fan said:

FWIW, the PAC12 is trending to be a 1 bid league just like the MVC for this season. Lunardi currently has Arizona State as the lone NCAA entrant as a 12 seed. So yes, the MVC and PAC12 both suck this year.

Attendance issues are related to what I’m typing on right now. People can’t get off their phones. Why pay to sit in an arena to look at your iPhone? Oversimplified? Yes. But mobile technology has replaced many traditional forms of entertainment.

Pac 12 does suck this year, but they aren't a 1 bid league. I think you are forgetting about Washington.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Most places have Washington as the auto and Arizona St among the last 4 in. So, right now they might be a 2 bid league. But if AZ St trips up, probably 1 bid.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

ISU FAN 1

Redbirds4Life said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
bb fan said:

Attendance issues are related to what I’m typing on right now. People can’t get off their phones. Why pay to sit in an arena to look at your iPhone? Oversimplified? Yes. But mobile technology has replaced many traditional forms of entertainment.

Pac 12 does suck this year, but they aren't a 1 bid league. I think you are forgetting about Washington.

Crap. I looked thru that bracket twice and missed them. Nonetheless, Arizona State is a 12 seed play in game, so squarely on the bubble. That and hearing many pundits claiming PAC12 as a 1 bid league this year lends some credibility to that possibility. If it comes down to ASU and a mid major, we know what will happen. Haven’t watched a PAC12 game all year. Might have to if only to get Walton’s perspective on the league this year.

Tpguy

give bbfan a break, knowledgeable fans College BB is hurting for attendance and interest except for the chosen few. I think some of you guys just can't wait to start an argument with him.

bb fan

USC is currently 4th in the PAC 12 NOT at the bottom. Still in the hunt for an NCAA at large. Oregon was .500 in the conference going into this game last night, middle of the pack, NOT at the bottom. Seems there are some folks that don't check stuff before they post it.

And, anybody who thinks ANY P5 conference will ever be a 1 bid league, I will put a steak dinner on it. There is a reason college basketball is rigged the way it is.

And The dozens of folks in attendance at this game saw some yucky basketball. But that seems to be happening a lot all over.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Also Oregon lost Bol Bol for the season and now Okoroa is playing a lot more.

Well, he was. I see he isn't starting the last five games or so.

bb fan

ANNOUNCED attendance for those games. Neither was anywhere near those numbers.

Even at that, a P5 game 3500? Some here would skewer our admins for a number for a game like that. And again, maybe 500 actual butts in the seats.

CaliRdBrd

bb fan said:
USC is currently 4th in the PAC 12 NOT at the bottom. Still in the hunt for an NCAA at large. Oregon was .500 in the conference going into this game last night, middle of the pack, NOT at the bottom. Seems there are some folks that don't check stuff before they post it.

And, anybody who thinks ANY P5 conference will ever be a 1 bid league, I will put a steak dinner on it. There is a reason college basketball is rigged the way it is.

And The dozens of folks in attendance at this game saw some yucky basketball. But that seems to be happening a lot all over.

Agree100%. No way the PAC 12 gets just one team in.

V Boy

Wichita blowing out Memphis.

With an entirely new team.

Feeling envious about what their head coach is able to achieve.

Morans14

V Boy said:

With an entirely new team.

Feeling envious about what their head coach is able to achieve.
Memphis came back and won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpacmel

V Boy said:

Memphis 88
@ Wichita State 85
Final

Shockers blow a 16 point first half lead.

Memphis lead by as many as 13 in the 2nd half.

Top Bottom