Taylor B out 2 months

cpacmel

https://twitter.com/kurtpegler/status/1055939621719343104?s=12

WoodlandWarrior

What bad luck. He’s such a good kid and his ability to hit from outside is a real benefit for the team. Hope he fully recovers and comes back strong for the conference season.

ChiRedbirdfan

....seriously starting to wonder if ISU may be running the horses too hard....maybe a little less physical practice and more in the film room/class room would be better overall in many ways?

Jsnhbe1Birds

ChiRedbirdfan said:
....seriously starting to wonder if ISU may be running the horses too hard....maybe a little less physical practice and more in the film room/class room would be better overall in many ways?

Maybe not lead the country in scoring, assists, rebounds, steals, or blocks but we'lll definitely lead the country in stress fractures...again.

Chi-bird

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

Maybe not lead the country in scoring, assists, rebounds, steals, or blocks but we'lll definitely lead the country in stress fractures...again.

The evidence sure seems to suggest this. I think Dan needs to find alternative conditioning drills. There needs to be some biking, speed squats, elliptical work, etc. The frequency of foot injuries that his players have sustained over the years is alarming.

Redbirds84

In my personal opinion they are overdoing the workouts. I believe they started summer workouts 2-3 weeks earlier than the year before. At this rate, I could see a potential redshirt since he’ll essentially be behind in conditioning.

ChiRedbirdfan said:

Jsnhbe1Birds

With taylor out and evans likely out to begin thd season were down to 9 active players lol. So much for being stacked

cubird

They must be getting the second hand shoes so the shoe companys have enough slush fund money to buy players for the Blue Bloods ;)

ChiRedbirdfan

Flagship08 said:
We're OK as long as Fayne stays healthy. He's more valuable to this team than Malik.

Strongly disagree and I am a big big Fayne fan. Milik can influence the play of others on the team much more than Fayne. Fayne is more like a one man wrecking crew and he is damn good at it

Bdub777

They really do need to evaluate why this particular injury hits us with such frequency. This is ridiculous.

Hamdonger

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Flagship08 said:
We're OK as long as Fayne stays healthy. He's more valuable to this team than Malik.

Strongly disagree and I am a big big Fayne fan. Milik can influence the play of others on the team much more than Fayne. Fayne is more like a one man wrecking crew and he is damn good at it

In terms of loss, Fayne would be our biggest loss, more than Milik imo. Cause outside of him we are weak at that spot...therefore very vulnerable. We lose Fayne...we are in trouble.

But just for the record we're NOT losing Fayne.

Redbird222

Humdinger said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
Flagship08 said:

In terms of loss, Fayne would be our biggest loss, more than Milik imo. Cause outside of him we are weak at that spot...therefore very vulnerable. We lose Fayne...we are in trouble.

But just for the record we're NOT losing Fayne.
Hopefully we never need to find out this season. Let's move on from the Fayne/Yarborough.... I don't like tempting the basketball Gods!!

DannyCooksey

Bdub777 said:
They really do need to evaluate why this particular injury hits us with such frequency. This is ridiculous.

Agreed.

I’ve never seen anything like it.

Stress Fractures State Redbirds

Perhaps Dan should include that on his pitch to recruits and parents?

“I can promise your son will get a good education, compete at a high level against quality players and opponents and he’s also assured of at least one stress fracture while he’s in our program “

Tpguy

Chi-bird said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

The evidence sure seems to suggest this. I think Dan needs to find alternative conditioning drills. There needs to be some biking, speed squats, elliptical work, etc. The frequency of foot injuries that his players have sustained over the years is alarming.

Yoga

ChiRedbirdfan

DannyCooksey said:
Bdub777 said:

Agreed.

I’ve never seen anything like it.

Stress Fractures State Redbirds

Perhaps Dan should include that on his pitch to recruits and parents?

“I can promise your son will get a good education, compete at a high level against quality players and opponents and he’s also assured of at least one stress fracture while he’s in our program “

I see a silver lining...given all of the foot fracture business sent to local healthcare providers (presumably Advocate BroMenn) require them to pay big bucks to rename RBA and redo the lower bowl. Maybe we can call RBA the Advocate Foot Fracture Arena

If the old Ndiaye plays this season elsewhere without any foot injuries then that is another indicator that ISU / Muller may be overdoing the high impact training/practice.

SgtHulka

Stressed foot bones started in the Stallings era, then ended and came back with Muller. I think there's a connection. We had multiple 5th metatarsal breaks under HCKS. I told him at a coaches show he needed to get an orthopedic shoe sponsor . Guess he passed the luck along to HCDM

Bird Friend

SgtHulka said:
Stressed foot bones started in the Stallings era, then ended and came back with Muller. I think there's a connection. We had multiple 5th metatarsal breaks under HCKS. I told him at a coaches show he needed to get an orthopedic shoe sponsor . Guess he passed the luck along to HCDM

That can be your thesis for you doctorate, 'cuz I know you want to be Dr. Hulka.

SgtHulka

Bird Friend said:
SgtHulka said:

That can be your thesis for you doctorate, 'cuz I know you want to be Dr. Hulka.

Not a podiatrist though. Proctology is my calling

Top Bottom