@ Southern Illinois (7-6) - Saturday 2/10/2024 - 6 pm - ESPN+

Redbird82

With tiebreakers that we only hold over Murray, it’s possible we need to win 4 more to avoid 10th and finishing worse than the 9 th last year. We could well win more games and be lower in the standings….

TBus_Birds

So here's the thing: we suck. But if I'm looking for optimism (and you have to look hard), Foster and Lewis combined for 33 last time and we had two others in double-figures. Add in Walker this time and who knows. Won't matter much though if Johnson and Brown are even moderately clicking. My expectations are...

down here.

ISU86

Pedon wouldn't comment on Burford availability after the Flames game, stating he didn't want to give SIU a competitive advantage.

In conference games, we are second in points allowed (hard to believe based on the amount of uncontested layups we give up) but last in points scored (no surprise here); they are tied for third in points allowed and tied for seventh in points scored.

For no tangible reason, other than the fact the Dawgs (in conference play) tend to not put teams away, I think we stay in their vicinity -

Redbirds 64
Salukis 70

Metamoron

When we feel good about this team, we lose a home game to a bottom team in valley. When we feel bad about them we win on the road…….

Adunk33

Staff member
Pedon wouldn't comment on Burford availability after the Flames game, stating he didn't want to give SIU a competitive advantage.

In conference games, we are second in points allowed (hard to believe based on the amount of uncontested layups we give up) but last in points scored (no surprise here); they are tied for third in points allowed and tied for seventh in points scored.

For no tangible reason, other than the fact the Dawgs (in conference play) tend to not put teams away, I think we stay in their vicinity -

Redbirds 64
Salukis 70
And at the end of year press conference, Pedon will say “we had 15 losses within 2-3 possessions. You get a couple more shots to drop and we’re having a different conversation.” He’s already leaned on that quite a bit early in his tenure.

The whole “competitive advantage” thing doesn’t sit well. The team is in a downward spiral and he’s trying to play opossum? Fact is, Burford was in a boot Wednesday night. It’s pretty rare to be in a boot on a Wednesday and suit up a few days later. Unless, you’re Elijah Clarance and dealing with blisters.

I don’t love Pedons handling of the injuries. He said for Lieb, Davis and now Burford there is no timetable for their return because, you know, competitive advantage and whatnot.

Sladerunningbear

Birds revenge game on the road and SIU off OT game. Birds cover +7.5…and might win straight up.

Tired of it.

Spread it.

SlackBooDom

And at the end of year press conference, Pedon will say “we had 15 losses within 2-3 possessions. You get a couple more shots to drop and we’re having a different conversation.” He’s already leaned on that quite a bit early in his tenure.

The whole “competitive advantage” thing doesn’t sit well. The team is in a downward spiral and he’s trying to play opossum? Fact is, Burford was in a boot Wednesday night. It’s pretty rare to be in a boot on a Wednesday and suit up a few days later. Unless, you’re Elijah Clarance and dealing with blisters.

I don’t love Pedons handling of the injuries. He said for Lieb, Davis and now Burford there is no timetable for their return because, you know, competitive advantage and whatnot.
Building upon this, is it even a competitive advantage at this point to know or not know? Any good coaching staff is scouting in advance. We've got plenty of film on games with everyone healthy and games without Burford or Davis or both. Who is he even trying to trick with this?

Dmills

Last time out against SIU was when Lieb went down with injury. We basically went with a 7 man rotation after that. Foster, Lewis, Banks, Burford, Poindexter, Kasubke, and Kinziger. JK only played 10 minutes. We will definitely be giving them a different look this go around. Coach played our starters really heavy minutes last game. We will definitely see Poindexter, Kasubke, Lewis, Foster, Banks, Kinziger, and Walker. Hopefully Pence gets some action too and can make a difference but we will see.

dpdoughbird06

Until the Valley requires a bi-weekly injury report a la NFL I don’t see why a coach would want to share any more info than is necessary. I don’t think it makes much difference once the game tips off, but if he prefers to play it close to the vest I don’t see any harm.

dpdoughbird06

When we feel good about this team, we lose a home game to a bottom team in valley. When we feel bad about them we win on the road…….
Let’s exorcise some historical road demons today! And at the Ice Rink, the Beef House and the ARC after that (no chance to do so at McLeod this year due to unbalanced schedule).

This team may be the inverse of the 2013-2014 squad that could only win at home.

Aggie

Could someone ask at a coaches show or post game “what is the ISU offensive scheme”. It looks like 3 on 5 out there. And, no excuses.

Top Bottom