Season ticket holders

gobirds85

I cannot find one ISU fan who thinks muller should be retained. Not one. Our only shot of staying out of Thursday night has just as much to do with how horrible this conference is. The decision to release muller is all based on the almighty $$$. Basically, is his incompetence impacting the program and university financially? Do we release season ticket holder numbers? If so, are we up, down or holding steady? We see how many people are actually using their tickets as we average 2,700ish so far this season, but the financial impact will drive this move. If $$$ wasn’t an issue, Dan would have been canned already.

B

BirdGrad2011

I cannot find one ISU fan who thinks muller should be retained. Not one. Our only shot of staying out of Thursday night has just as much to do with how horrible this conference is. The decision to release muller is all based on the almighty $$$. Basically, is his incompetence impacting the program and university financially? Do we release season ticket holder numbers? If so, are we up, down or holding steady? We see how many people are actually using their tickets as we average 2,700ish so far this season, but the financial impact will drive this move. If $$$ wasn’t an issue, Dan would have been canned already.
I’ve heard anecdotally that they are way down.

Birdswin

I can easily say both WSF donations and basketball season tickets are down significantly. There are multiple reasons - every person has their own reason.

cubird

Understand not supporting Dan, but after covid season all programs are hurting for revenue. Hopefully, fans not buying season tickets are still supporting the scholarship fund.

Birdfriend72

Understand not supporting Dan, but after covid season all programs are hurting for revenue. Hopefully, fans not buying season tickets are still supporting the scholarship fund.
Nope, not giving a dime until they rid of Dan. I think many people are hurting these days. ISU got more money from Covid than they average Joe.

RedbirdSoxFan

Nope, not giving a dime until they rid of Dan. I think many people are hurting these days. ISU got more money from Covid than they average Joe.
Just curious, is donor funds what would be used to buy-out Dan’s contract? If so, maybe not continuing to donate is why there is no funds to buy him out. Kinda catch-22.

Birdfriend72

Just curious, is donor funds what would be used to buy-out Dan’s contract? If so, maybe not continuing to donate is why there is no funds to buy him out. Kinda catch-22.
That's a good point. If Kyle would call me tomorrow and said he would use the money to buy him out...then I would donate. Kyle isn't going to do that. He doesn't answer phone calls or his emails.

jwa123

That's a good point. If Kyle would call me tomorrow and said he would use the money to buy him out...then I would donate. Kyle isn't going to do that. He doesn't answer phone calls or his emails.
That’s not good. That’s not good at all. AD needs interaction with the fans instead of sitting on his ivory throne. It dos not need to be constant but isolation isn’t the ticket either.

On the other hand, what is the tone of folks trying to contact him?

Bird Friend

That’s not good. That’s not good at all. AD needs interaction with the fans instead of sitting on his ivory throne. It dos not need to be constant but isolation isn’t the ticket either.

Who's calling and how many calls have they made? Those are questions I'd like answers on before I decide he 'doesn't' return calls or emails.

Birdfriend72

I was super cool. Was no tone if i never got a return call.

Birdfriend72

Kyle returned my email. It was about the IPF, NOT about Dan. So does Sean Johnson.
If an email is about a personnel issue I wouldn't return it either.
That’s why he isn’t getting more than 2900 people’s dollars.

Birdfriend72

Who's calling and how many calls have they made? Those are questions I'd like answers on before I decide he 'doesn't' return calls or emails.
You say call. Someone says- I made calls. You then automatically assume that we were awful to Kyle and that’s the reason to not return a call. If you simply leave a polite message and ask to have a conversation- I would think that would be easy to engage. Kyle can at least call and engage in a civil conversation. He has no reason to suck up to you and Timmy. He has you guys locked up. He should be looking to engage those on the fence or that have left.

RedbirdSoxFan

You say call. Someone says- I made calls. You then automatically assume that we were awful to Kyle and that’s the reason to not return a call. If you simply leave a polite message and ask to have a conversation- I would think that would be easy to engage. Kyle can at least call and engage in a civil conversation. He has no reason to suck up to you and Timmy. He has you guys locked up. He should be looking to engage those on the fence or that have left.
So, if 500 fans call and leave a message asking Kyle to call because they need to discuss his handling of the Coach Muller situation, Kyle needs to call each one back to hear them voice their opinion?

Birdfriend72

So, if 500 fans call and leave a message asking Kyle to call because they need to discuss his handling of the Coach Muller situation, Kyle needs to call each one back to hear them voice their opinion?
I would. But, I understand where you are coming from. That’s 500 potential donors to reach.

Bird Friend

Where did I say anything about the tone of the call or email? I asked how many callers and what the questions were. Why do you assume I think people were nasty/awful/whatever on the call? And why do you assume I'm "locked up" with the AD when I ask a question that you don't seem to like?

I've been fed up for years. I just choose to not cry and whine about it. I don't make it the message and attitude of my time on here. If Kyle fires Dan tomorrow, I'm not gonna pout or cry or cheer. If he doesn't fire Dan this year, I'm not going to pout or cry or cheer. Whatever Kyle does will be for whatever reason Kyle thinks is best for the university.

Do I think Dan needs to be fired? I think it would be an appropriate action should Kyle choose to fire Dan. Do I want Dan to be fired? No, but only because I don't like seeing someone fired. I want to see them succeed, but if that doesn't appear likely, then it's an appropriate action should Kyle choose to do so. Will I be sad if Dan is fired? Yes, but only because I hate to see a legendary Redbird player leave the school on a sour note. We lose a strong advocate for our school.

Now . . . would you please quit assuming that anyone is a Dan fanboy just because they're sick of the constant whining of some on this board?

ILLST25

Cannot believe the game tonight against Purdue northwest is a 8pm game…

RedbirdSoxFan

Where did I say anything about the tone of the call or email? I asked how many callers and what the questions were. Why do you assume I think people were nasty/awful/whatever on the call? And why do you assume I'm "locked up" with the AD when I ask a question that you don't seem to like?

I've been fed up for years. I just choose to not cry and whine about it. I don't make it the message and attitude of my time on here. If Kyle fires Dan tomorrow, I'm not gonna pout or cry or cheer. If he doesn't fire Dan this year, I'm not going to pout or cry or cheer. Whatever Kyle does will be for whatever reason Kyle thinks is best for the university.

Do I think Dan needs to be fired? I think it would be an appropriate action should Kyle choose to fire Dan. Do I want Dan to be fired? No, but only because I don't like seeing someone fired. I want to see them succeed, but if that doesn't appear likely, then it's an appropriate action should Kyle choose to do so. Will I be sad if Dan is fired? Yes, but only because I hate to see a legendary Redbird player leave the school on a sour note. We lose a strong advocate for our school.

Now . . . would you please quit assuming that anyone is a Dan fanboy just because they're sick of the constant whining of some on this board?
My comment was not a knock on you. And I was not insinuating that your message to Kyle was, in any way, nasty or derogatory. My point is only that I’m sure he is well aware that many donors are not happy with where the basketball and football programs are right now. He is aware that there are many donors who want Coach Muller (and some that want Coach Spack) replace immediately. Kyle is not letting Dan go before the MVC Tournament is over. At that time, if donor’s are not happy with the basketball program and Dan is not gone by April, than schedule a gathering with all the other donors outside Redbird Arena and voice your opinion. But nothing put on this message board is going to affect Kyle’s thinking or actions, or results of the Redbird season. And he is not (nor would I) feel an obligation to return a phone call to every person who called and left a phone message or sent an email to discuss the current state of ISU men’s basketball. If you feel different than I do, that is perfectly fine with me. We all have a right to our own opinion. As for a voice, you have more say on this matter than I do due to the fact that I stopped becoming a donor two years after I moved from Normal to the Springfield area (2007) and no longer wanted to continue to drive up to watch the garage teams that Jank was scheduling. The weather & getting up for work the next morning also factored into my decision. And nothing since than has given me any reason to invest in season tickets again. I will continue to support the Redbird students wearing the Red & White uniforms as long as they are giving their all on the floor, and I am seeing it from this team.
Go you Redbirds!!!

Top Bottom