Schedule???

IHateWSU

Have I missed something? It is early November and I don't see anything but a Conference schedule. I know it was reported that we had a bubble type tourney out in Nebraska in late November, but nothing on our Go Redbird. I am starting to think that we will only have a conference schedule this year.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been paying attention to the other Valley schools. Has any one else announced a non-conf schedule?

TBS_20

dan said a week in what seems like several weeks. in the current landscape its no surprise we dont know yet.

Last edited:

Adunk33

Staff member
To my knowledge the Nebraska thing is still on. Scheduling is really tough in 2020 and the team being shutdown by COVID didn't help either. I believe (as long as they've has no new positives) that they'll resume practice this week. As far as other MVC schools:
Bradley has released their full schedule.
Indiana State
Drake has announced a couple games.
Southern has announced a couple.

Who knows what's going to happen. All I know is that I am ready to watch some basketball. I don't really care who ISU plays as long as we get some games in. It feels like March was 5 years ago.

TBS_20

My guess is itll look something like this.

UIS
Quincy
Lewis
Lincoln CC
Heartland CC intramural team
Tri-Valley Middle School
MTE 1,2,3

CB2K

To my knowledge the Nebraska thing is still on. Scheduling is really tough in 2020 and the team being shutdown by COVID didn't help either. I believe (as long as they've has no new positives) that they'll resume practice this week. As far as other MVC schools:
Bradley has released their full schedule.
Indiana State
Drake has announced a couple games.
Southern has announced a couple.
Who knows what's going to happen. All I know is that I am ready to watch some basketball. I don't really care who ISU plays as long as we get some games in. It feels like March was 5 years ago.
Totally agree!! It seems like eons ago that the Birds were playing. I have been quite anxious to see them play so much so that I rewatched last year's victories over Belmont, UALR and UNI. Those were good wins and probably the best the Redbirds played although the Drake win was good as well.

crazzymark

My guess is itll look something like this.

UIS
Quincy
Lewis
Lincoln CC
Heartland CC intramural team
Tri-Valley Middle School
MTE 1,2,3
mmmm looks like Birds can go 2-4 or 3-3 TVMS is tough in Downs and tall inside with a 6'0 center 😂🤣

DoubleDeuce

Maybe the remainder of the non-con schedule will come out after the season starts. Could be how it works this year....quick phone call with another school for a game the next weekend.

TBS_20

i honestly think they should just move it to february and have the ncaa tournament in late june. same length of season just pushed back 3 months.

Brick

Nebraska tournament posted in pantograph. I don’t have the link

ISU86

Manchester Matt

Illinois State (196), Louisiana State (28), Nebraska (199), Nevada (89), Northern Iowa (48), Saint Louis (49), San Francisco (83), Western Kentucky (123); it would appear Cleveland State (304), Colorado State (106) and Oklahoma State (64) are no longer participating.

If it is a bracket, 7th place anyone?
It isn’t a bracket.

Adunk33

Staff member
I'm hearing the one non-con home game is against Chicago State. Not that it really matters with no fans in the stands and we won't be competing for an at-large. It looks like they will still play two games as a part of the Nebraska MTE, and two additional games on a "neutral" court." As far as I know, schedule has not been finalized.

Top Bottom