Redbirds @ UIC - 12/5 6PM

Jsnhbe1Birds

I do think the Redbirds get a road win in this one but it will be close. The Flames are a pretty good team. They beat Bradley by one and I think ISU is better than Bradley so the 'Birds win but they have to play tough because this is no gimmie.

V Boy

Historically this game has given us problems. Only the best Redbird teams have been able to win this one on the road. I have not yet seen a reason to believe we will win.

We also tend to get horrific referreeing in this game. Tons of fouls. And we have trouble guarding already. With a short bench I worry at least 2 or 3 of our players will be in foul trouble and Gassman and Rey will need to log higher mins.

UIC is talented enough where that could make the difference.

ISU 72
UIC 78

DannyCooksey

This will be a tough game. UIC is pretty good.

I am not sure the Birds are ready to win a game like this on the road. Need supreme performances from MY and PF to have a chance. I am afraid this is a game where we will be in early foul trouble and it will cost us dearly.

UIC 74
Birds 65

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget the pregame get together if you are going! https://events.illinoisstate.edu/event/redbird-pregame-party-for-isu-v-uic/

Chicagobirdfan

Yes, UIC is better than past years, but there is still a large talent gap between the teams and ISU should be able to win this game.

Now will they come to play a full 40 minutes on both sides of the floor? That is the question. I sure hope so.

91Bird

This will definitely be a tougher game than a lot of people think it will be. We could really use Key and Tinsley getting it going on the offensive end. If we can hit our 3's I like our chances. 78-73 Birds.

sportenwood

Any alumni events? Haven't seen anything. Typically we gather for a drink somewhere beforehand. Maybe because it's an early start there is nothing?

birdlife

sportenwood said:
Any alumni events? Haven't seen anything. Typically we gather for a drink somewhere beforehand. Maybe because it's an early start there is nothing?

https://redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1227

Redbirdwarrior

UIC is 3-5. None of their wins are particularly world-beating, BTW. I think ISU wins this by a decent margin.

Birds- 77
Flames- 70

CaliRdBrd

All this “UIC is pretty good” talk is ridiculous. They have beaten no one of substance.
Yes they’re slightly better than the hot garbage teams of yesteryear, but pumping them up is nothing other than an attempt to justify a potential Redbird loss.

I guess what I’m saying is, on paper, we should beat them by at least 12. If Evans finds his shot, we will.

Bird Friend

CaliRdBrd said:
All this “UIC is pretty good” talk is ridiculous. They have beaten no one of substance.
Yes they’re slightly better than the hot garbage teams of yesteryear, but pumping them up is nothing other than an attempt to justify a potential Redbird loss.

I guess what I’m saying is, on paper, we should beat them by at least 12. If Evans finds his shot, we will.

Who have we beaten that is better than hot garbage? I'm kinda thinking you're reading the wrong paper.

CaliRdBrd

Bird Friend said:
CaliRdBrd said:

Who have we beaten that is better than hot garbage? I'm kinda thinking you're reading the wrong paper.

Ha. Sadly, I think I am.

Baltimore Bird

UIC is not good. We should shut them out, but that is not likely, so I will go with....

Redbirds 70, UIC Flameouts 57

Jsnhbe1Birds

UIC isn't even the worst team in Chicago and the Birds barely beat the worst Chicago team at home. So, facing a better team on the road doesn't exactly instill confidence. They should win but this is far from a gimmie.

91Bird

I don't think UIC is very good. But we had to rally at home to beat Chicago State by 4 and throttled division III Augustana by 8 at home. I'm guessing we won't be resting our starters in the 2nd half half of this one. At least at this point of the season, we're not a very good team.

RedbirdMan

Overlook/let down game. Sandwiched in between the three marquee non con games and on the road against a much improved UIC team. Feels like the perfect storm for a disastrous performance. Also it’s not like ISU has set the world on fire against teams that they are more talented than (or less talented than). I hope I’m wrong but,

UIC-80
ISU-68

Top Bottom