Redbirds #6 Seed IF......

RedbirdSoxFan

#5 Seed-Valparaiso gets one win vs Indiana State.
#6 Seed-Illinois State Sweeps Northern Iowa.
#7 Seed-Bradley Splits with Drake.
Evansville-Loses 2 games to Missouri State.
Southern Illinois- loses @ least one game to Loyola.

RedbirdSoxFan

On above, what if Bradley gets swept by Drake?
Evansville & Illinois State would both be 6-12. Evansville would win tie-breaker due to the better win (Valparaiso).
IF SIU sweeps Loyola, Salukis would get #6 Seed (unless Evansville sweeps Missouri State, than Evansville gets the #6 Seed)
Actually 5 teams could still get the #5 Seed. Anyone but the top four that are already locked in, and Illinois State.

Going into Friday’s games, not one team is lock into the Thursday invitational yet.
Five of the Six teams have a chance at the #5 Seed. All Six can still get the #6 Seed.

Last edited:

Redbirdwarrior

This team is not a good basketball team. It might be the worst ISU basketball team since the Neil Plank led 2005-2006 squad. The fact that we are discussing them as even being possibly a non-Thursday team in a conference with no T25 teams and no locks for an at large says something about the vast fall of the conference in the last decade.

The long and short of it is that whether the team is a 10 seed or a 6 seed or a 4 seed in St. Louis, the conference is just lousy with bad basketball at the moment. It is depressing to see.

SgtHulka

This team is not a good basketball team. It might be the worst ISU basketball team since the Neil Plank led 2005-2006 squad. The fact that we are discussing them as even being possibly a non-Thursday team in a conference with no T25 teams and no locks for an at large says something about the vast fall of the conference in the last decade.

The long and short of it is that whether the team is a 10 seed or a 6 seed or a 4 seed in St. Louis, the conference is just lousy with bad basketball at the moment. It is depressing to see.
I disagree on the Plank team comparison. Otherwise, at this point in the season there are generally about 5-7 teams that are still up in the air on what day they start. There have been years the last game or 2 determined if we were 3-7 or 4-9.

Baltimore Bird

While I agree the bottom of the conference is weak and it is amazing we are talking about anything but a 9 or 10 seed, I disagree on the top of the conference. I believe Loyola and Drake will win a NCAA game and Loyola could advance to the Sweet 16.
Just a couple of years ago, 9 and 9 got us a 7 seed. Weird year.

Manchester Matt

Say wha? Drake was ranked before splitting with Loyola, and the Ramblers are knocking on the door of the top 20. While the bottom of the league leaves something to be desired, Loyola and Drake are great teams, and I think Missouri State and Indiana State both have star power and are pretty solid squads.

Adunk33

Staff member
Missouri State is my sleeper to win it at the Arch. There could be a scenario where the 8 or 9 seed Redbirds play Bradley... the only team they've beaten twice this season... then go on to play Drake.... without its top two players (most likely).....then run into Mo State Saturday, a team they did play pretty close with....

I'm not saying, I'm just saying... Know what I'm saying?

DoubleDeuce

Missouri State is my sleeper to win it at the Arch. There could be a scenario where the 8 or 9 seed Redbirds play Bradley... the only team they've beaten twice this season... then go on to play Drake.... without its top two players (most likely).....then run into Mo State Saturday, a team they did play pretty close with....

I'm not saying, I'm just saying... Know what I'm saying?
More likely than the scenario where my wife brings home wings and beer for dinner tonight.

redbirdfan04

Other than Gonzaga and Houston name a mid major that is a lock and if Houston keeps losing im not sure they are? We have a top 25 team and close to another one? Neil Plank was forced to play point guard by Moser. That led to an ugly record but even that season had some highlights. The conference is not lousy but we will see come selection sunday and NIT time. If we get two teams in and win a few games that is great for the conference.

Adunk33

Staff member
Here's the scenario per Mr. Math. Basically what the first post says in slightly different words.

Redbird60451

I don't think any of it matters. I thought I read on here both games are being broadcast nationally. I'd love to know what our record is on National TV. Do we come out in Valpo's shorts? They are brown, would hide what I feel like we've done on National TV broadcasts in most recent memory. Although I think it would be hilarious to get the 6th seed and out of Thursday night. Then I guess people couldn't give Dan crap for being a Thursday night team (which I think I did recently, so I guess it would be good to have egg on my face).

gobirds85

I don't think any of it matters. I thought I read on here both games are being broadcast nationally. I'd love to know what our record is on National TV. Do we come out in Valpo's shorts? They are brown, would hide what I feel like we've done on National TV broadcasts in most recent memory. Although I think it would be hilarious to get the 6th seed and out of Thursday night. Then I guess people couldn't give Dan crap for being a Thursday night team (which I think I did recently, so I guess it would be good to have egg on my face).

Staying out of Thursday night shouldn't even be an option here. The bar needs to be set higher than staying out of Thursday night. But as it has been the case the last two years, it is where it is. We also need to prove we can play good basketball in back to back games, something that has eluded this team so far this season. I would love to have egg on my face and I would even throw in a side of crow and two hats if I was wrong and we went on the win the Lou on Sunday. Goals.

TBS_20

I think thats going to happen except for the bradley split. never know though.

Baltimore Bird

I will be pleasantly surprised if the Birds win 2 games. They have not shown the ability to play back to back games well.
I will be really surprised if BU wins a game. Drake traded up with their last injury.

Redbird Alum 2004

Birds need to learn to play man. That would help out as teams seen to figure out the zone after the first game.

Top Bottom