RBA Seating Enhancement

ricohill

https://goredbirds.com/sports/2019/1/2/redbird-arena-seating-enhancement.aspx

WSF donations going up as the product on the court goes down.

ricohill

Kind of interesting they only increase the donation price $75 for those in the middle (alleged high level donors), but it is a $175 increase for those that are in J,P, Q, U, and C now. Trying to squeeze more money out of the mid-level donors.

Redbirds18

Looks like students will be under both baskets. That is a good start. Interested to see what the final design will look like.

Birdman07

Redbirds18 said:
Looks like students will be under both baskets. That is a good start. Interested to see what the final design will look like.

Every once in awhile they listen

Birdman07

they got rid of donations for the upper bowl too. never understood having to donate to be up there.

vbird

ricohill said:

The program not even close to meeting expectations, increasing prices, and the donations are no longer tax deductible. Not going to be pretty for the Athletic department.

ricohill

vbird said:
ricohill said:

The program not even close to meeting expectations, increasing prices, and the donations are no longer tax deductible. Not going to be pretty for the Athletic department.

I'm pretty sure ticket prices are going up as well. So everyone is going to get hit twice.

It is a risky move by ISU at this time. I'm guessing they calculated they were going to lose donors, but wanted to maximize profit from those that will go no matter what the price or donation is going to be.

Is this product worth another $75 to $175 per seat?

Phantom

Man, if the students start showing back up and can fill up both baselines, that will be awesome. I know for a fact the overflow sections in DD, EE and FF are a turn off for students so having all their sections on the floor will be great.

Now just get them there...and once there, for the love of all things holy make some f'ing noise.

ISU FAN 1

ricohill said:
vbird said:
ricohill said:

I'm pretty sure ticket prices are going up as well. So everyone is going to get hit twice.

It is a risky move by ISU at this time. I'm guessing they calculated they were going to lose donors, but wanted to maximize profit from those that will go no matter what the price or donation is going to be.

I know I’m excited about the prospect of spending more after this stellar campaign.

ricohill

ISU FAN 1 said:
ricohill said:
vbird said:

I know I’m excited about the prospect of spending more after this stellar campaign.

No chance I donate more. They won't come close to selling out the lower bowl. If I don't get decent seats at my donation level, I'll just pick single game tickets for the games I want. I can still have my own section in the upper bowl any night I want as well.

Bird Friend

Probably not a good idea by Athletics to post this the day after losing to Bradley . . .

RedbirdSoxFan

Phantom said:
Man, if the students start showing back up and can fill up both baselines, that will be awesome. I know for a fact the overflow sections in DD, EE and FF are a turn off for students so having all their sections on the floor will be great.

Now just get them there...and once there, for the love of all things holy make some f'ing noise.
Where are they going to put the band?

JHBird

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Phantom said:

Just found that out. They'll be in section 122, in the north end now. I'm not sure if they'll have a special platform still.

Phantom

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Phantom said:

Looking at the new chart, maybe sec 125? Or they used to be in section F in the 90s (sec 110 on the new chart) so maybe they move back there?

RedbirdSoxFan

JHBird said:
RedbirdSoxFan said:
Phantom said:

Just found that out. They'll be in section 122, in the north end now. I'm not sure if they'll have a special platform still.

Awesome! Thanks

Phantom

RedbirdSoxFan said:
JHBird said:
RedbirdSoxFan said:

Awesome! Thanks

Should've put them in 112 and blasted noise right at the visitors' bench all game and especially during timeouts.

Adunk33

Staff member
JHBird said:
RedbirdSoxFan said:
Phantom said:

This is one of the first things I noticed as well. I'd bet the student section is going to be bleacher-no back- seating. This enables the band to take up some of the student section room also giving the appearance of more students being at the game. I would be surprised if there was a special platform again. The drummer will just have to play on the floor in front of the section and the trombones will have to be in the front row. Everyone else is capable on playing in standard bleacher seating. It is also possible they bring in some of the drumline to play in the bleachers and get rid of the drum set. Think marching band sound but for basketball. I doubt they do this but it is a possibility.