Poll for Muller

Should Dan Muller be fired?

• Yes

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters

Redbird82

Pointless poll, Dan doesn’t have much support left but unless someone here has an extra $2 million laying around.

jamminjamarsmiley

Not sure how this isn’t 100%. Tonight was classic Muller. Huge lead and they couldn’t hold it. Reminds me of Wyoming, UCF, UNI(Mvc title).... many many more

RBFANTOO

• fire Lyons (no financial penalty)(actually a savings)
  • promote Dan to AD (until Dan's contract is up)(also, no net financial penalty)
  • hire new MBB coach @ Dan's current salary ( don't let Dan do the hiring)

All of this actually saves the athletic dept. money.

Birdfriend72

RBFANTOO said:
  • promote Dan to AD (until Dan's contract is up)(also, no net financial penalty)

That still makes the poll question a “yes”. You may not be firing Dan...but you are reassigning him. I love Dan the player...but am not excited about Dan the coach.

TBS_20

I would love to hear from the 4 people who think he shouldn't be fired. Money is not a reason. That's wasn't the question. It wasn't will he be coach it was should he be coach.

gobirds85

The five who voted no are fans of other Valley teams and appreciate the two easy wins during the season.

ricohill

I’m trying to guess the 5. Timmy, hulka, bombay, retire12...and someone else.

ricohill

RBFANTOO said:

Fire Larry Lyons
Fire Dan Muller
Fire Larry Dietz
Fire all the dead weight in the athletic department (so basically everyone).

Embarrass all of them in a way that’s equal to the embarrassment they have turned ISU basketball and athletics in to.

TIMMY

ricohill said:
You are correct on Timmy! I was at the game last night. About as brutal a game as I've ever sat through. It was like a car wreck in slow motion. But. And you can't get around it. So I'll say it for the umpteenth time. 2024.
How do you get around it Rico? And not some plan that'll never happen like make Dan the AD. You putting your $$$$ up to buy Dan out? Neither am I. I've got a lot of better things to do with my money. Until that question is answered with some cash it's moot!

TIMMY

TBS_20 said:
I would love to hear from the 4 people who think he shouldn't be fired. Money is not a reason. That's wasn't the question. It wasn't will he be coach it was should he be coach.
Money is at the heart of this unless you're willing to put it up.

ricohill

:whistle:
TIMMY said:
ricohill said:
You are correct on Timmy! I was at the game last night. About as brutal a game as I've ever sat through. It was like a car wreck in slow motion. But. And you can't get around it. So I'll say it for the umpteenth time. 2024.
How do you get around it Rico? And not some plan that'll never happen like make Dan the AD. You putting your $$$$ up to buy Dan out? Neither am I. I've got a lot of better things to do with my money. Until that question is answered with some cash it's moot!

Congrats for going to a game....since you are an ISU fan. I was there as well. It was like every other god awful Dan Muller game.

The poll is “should Dan muller be fired”...not will he.

If ISU can’t find the $2 million then everyone associated with giving him the contract should be fired. It’s simple, you can’t allow losers to be rewarded by keeping their jobs.

Birdfriend72

ricohill said:
TIMMY said:
ricohill said:

Congrats for going to a game....since you are an ISU fan. I was there as well. It was like every other god awful Dan Muller game.

If ISU can’t find the $2 million then everyone associated with giving him the contract should be fired. It’s simple, you can’t allow losers to be rewarded by keeping their jobs.

This is exactly right! Does Lyons have an open end d contract?

TIMMY

ricohill said:
TIMMY said:
ricohill said:

Should Dan be fired? No, they can't afford it. Should everyone associated with giving him the contract be fired? Not the question.

ricohill

TIMMY said:
ricohill said:
TIMMY said:

Should Dan be fired? No, they can't afford it. Should everyone associated with giving him the contract be fired? Not the question.

Well, I agree firing everyone wasn’t the poll question, but this is a discussion to add context to the poll.

jamminjamarsmiley

If the university doesn’t have the money to fire Dan, then I agree everyone who approved this contract should be fired.

I am still in the belief that if ISU wanted to fire Dan they could find the 2mil. Problem is, the athletic department seems completely incompetent in every aspect.

Small example: they promoted the incorrect Gametime on social media last night. How these mistakes happen is beyond me. And is anyone ever held accountable? NO. Isu used to be the “home of champions”... how far this university has fallen.

The longer Muller is around, the further he drives this program into the ground. Good luck finding a quality head coach to take a job Where the team keeps finishing in the bottom 4 of a piss poor conference.

Top Bottom