One bid

gobirds85

Loyola is getting kicked at home. Bye-bye ranking and bye-bye shot at an at large. Winner take all in the Lou.

Redbird Alum 2004

Loyola is getting kicked at home. Bye-bye ranking and bye-bye shot at an at large. Winner take all in the Lou.
I was thinking that too but if Missouri State keeps winning it's gonna be hard to keep them out especially if Mosely keeps this up.

gobirds85

You had several posts saying the same thing last year, and the Valley ended up with 2 bids.

So if your posting history is any indication, the Valley will end up with 2 bids again.

Of course, one season is an adequate sample size to judge one’s track record. You are correct, I stand back and await more nuggets of wisdom from you.

gobirds85

And Misery St craps the bed at Indy St. Incredible.

One bid. Sunday winner in the Lou for that elusive 9/10/11 seed. Hopefully.

Last edited:

gobirds85

Indiana St now has a NET of 196. Misery St. was the best team in the conference. We are actually making it easier for the committee to exclude another valley team.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
The valley's non-conference performance already made this a one bid league. Even if Missouri St went 18-0 and Loyola went 16-2, only one team was getting in.

gobirds85

The valley's non-conference performance already made this a one bid league. Even if Missouri St went 18-0 and Loyola went 16-2, only one team was getting in.

Agree. The valley NET is currently 11th with no ranked teams. One bid. The brawl to take it all on Sunday in the Lou.

gobirds85

And Loyola drops another one today. They seem to be running out of steam. The Lou should be a battle between 5-6 teams. One bid to be awarded on Sunday.

jbird

A team that gets hot and does not have to play on Thursday night and come back less than 24 hours later against a #1 or #2 seed. I think Valpo in 2020 was the first Thursday night team to get past Friday

CaliRdBrd

If the Redbirds are sub .500 and somehow win in the Lou only to get creamed in the first round, is that a win for Muller?

gobirds85

Who cares. I would love for the birds to win the tourney is St Louis.

I believe we have a very outside shot at this but we need to stay out of Thursday night and that looks "iffy" at best. No one in the Valley is unbeatable. Misery St and Loyola proved that last week. bu and Drake seem to getting better and UNI might make some noise down the stretch. This year will be a toss up. One bid, maybe in the 10-12 range.

Top Bottom