Norfolk St- Horton Game

Redbirdwarrior

So, quick question- The Horton game is the only game on the calendar I dont think they sell public tickets to. How would one gain access to this game?

More than that, this has become a crown jewel of not just our basketball schedule, but our athletics calendar. The fact that we do this only once a year is genius as it makes this a huge event. I'd love to bring my dad, who watched every game there for 4 years in the mid 70s (and, yes, he was at the Elton John concert).

Manchester Matt

So, quick question- The Horton game is the only game on the calendar I dont think they sell public tickets to. How would one gain access to this game?

More than that, this has become a crown jewel of not just our basketball schedule, but our athletics calendar. The fact that we do this only once a year is genius as it makes this a huge event. I'd love to bring my dad, who watched every game there for 4 years in the mid 70s (and, yes, he was at the Elton John concert).
There is a link for this game, Return to Horton, on the ticketing page on the athletic website. Looks like $25 upper stands tickets or $150 dinner with Doug Collins packages are still available.

ScoreboardDotRace

If you can make it, I would definitely recommend it. Was a great time/atmosphere last year.

Would be cool to see them find ways to add nods to the past. Any old banners they could hang? Also wondering if they’ll do any merch this year for it.

Hrtnfldhse

If you can make it, I would definitely recommend it. Was a great time/atmosphere last year.

Would be cool to see them find ways to add nods to the past. Any old banners they could hang? Also wondering if they’ll do any merch this year for it.
It was awesome last year but they needed to announce the players from the past. I like the idea of replicating items from the past. They could bring back guys specifically from 83-85 or 97/98.

Phantom

It was fantastic last year, such a fun & energized event. I was a little concerned at first about it being an annual game and whether it would lose some luster. But perhaps the opposite is true - for the AD having put the game on once, and for fans coming back this year knowing what to expect, it could/should add to the energy and make the gameday production, fan participation and noise level even better.

Dmills

Anyone know if the capacity is the same as last year? I think it was 3,800.

Redbird28

Had to miss last year due to conflict. Won't be missing this year. Here's hoping the Birds keep the momentum rolling and the atmosphere is electric. #BeatNorfolkSt

Hrtnfldhse

I'm attending for the 2nd year in a row, bringing my youngest to show him how we rolled in the 80's when Horton was electric every game. Last years game had some great flashbacks to the 80's. Great job ISU for bringing the "Horton" game back. I'm not sure I like this to be a yearly thing but maybe every 2-3 years. Could you imagine us being good and bringing a big time opponent to Horton for a game in 5 years or better yet, bring the Gargoyles in for a game.

SgtHulka

Praying the Corphees make an appearance
prayer GIF

Redbirdwarrior

I'm attending for the 2nd year in a row, bringing my youngest to show him how we rolled in the 80's when Horton was electric every game. Last years game had some great flashbacks to the 80's. Great job ISU for bringing the "Horton" game back. I'm not sure I like this to be a yearly thing but maybe every 2-3 years. Could you imagine us being good and bringing a big time opponent to Horton for a game in 5 years or better yet, bring the Gargoyles in for a game.
My thought about bringing Bradley back to Horton is that BU is one of the only games on the schedule that still sells 7000+ at RBA. It is hard to give up an extra $75,000 in revenue in the name of nostalgia.

I do think, however, you can play a B-level rivalry game there and now lose as much in revenue. UIC, SIU might be interesting. As might Indiana State. ISU would still probably sell more than 5000 at RBA for the SIU game, but Indiana State? You might be able to eat that missing $15K in the name of making it an experience.

I wonder how opponents feel about playing that game? I suspect it is a much different atmosphere than they expect.

Top Bottom