Nevada @ Loyola - Tuesday

Rollbirds5

I’m pretty excited for this one, bought a ticket and heading over after work. I’ll try to give a run down of the environment and game afterwards

Adunk33

Staff member
I'm curious if the Blers early struggles; a loss to Furman, who is in the Top 50 in NET and 7-0, and a loss to BC (NET 170) has cooled some of the expectations for the team? A few months ago, I was stoked for this Elite 8 rematch. I still plan on watching, but will probably have the other MVC games on too. I hope for a good game! The MVC needs some marquee noncon wins.

ricohill

I think Loyola is in trouble. Nevada is going to be hungry to get revenge for last year. Will be excited to watch this one. The MVC is desperate for a quality win.

The Gentile Center is ready to go. Maroon and Gold T-Shirts for the fans tonight.

https://twitter.com/RamblersMBB/status/1067424836513873920

Adunk33

Staff member
ricohill said:
I think Loyola is in trouble. Nevada is going to be hungry to get revenge for last year. Will be excited to watch this one. The MVC is desperate for a quality win.

The Gentile Center is ready to go. Maroon and Gold T-Shirts for the fans tonight.

THAT is freaking cool! It's going to look awesome on TV. Another note that might be a bit odd about tonight's game; Nevada has been in Chicago since early Sunday and has had a few practices on Loyola's floor. I assume the fear of weather caused them to move up their travel time, but its one of the first time's I've seen a team get to a non-MTE two days early.

bb fan

Good ol' Jsn. Always willing to bring a ray of sunshine to Redbirdfan.

Hamdonger

bb fan said:
Good ol' Jsn. Always willing to bring a ray of sunshine to Redbirdfan.

Poor fella must have grown up a Cub fan. Here's some sunshine for ya...

https://youtu.be/NaCCG7QkM_c

CaliRdBrd

In defense of Jsn...
The truth never seems to hurt anyone more than it hurts Redbirds fans.

ricohill

Adunk33 said:
ricohill said:

THAT is freaking cool! It's going to look awesome on TV. Another note that might be a bit odd about tonight's game; Nevada has been in Chicago since early Sunday and has had a few practices on Loyola's floor. I assume the fear of weather caused them to move up their travel time, but its one of the first time's I've seen a team get to a non-MTE two days early.

I wish they would do this for Saturday since it is a "White Out" for the SDSU game. I know they are giving out some white t-shirts for the students. Would be nice to have shirts on the seats and make sure everyone gets on board with the theme.

Adunk33

Staff member
ricohill said:
Adunk33 said:
ricohill said:

I wish they would do this for Saturday since it is a "White Out" for the SDSU game. I know they are giving out some white t-shirts for the students. Would be nice to have shirts on the seats and make sure everyone gets on board with the theme.

A white shirt with a small ISU logo on the front can't be that expensive. Get 5k of them and put them on the lower bowl seats, or at least the ones that will be shown on TV. Give the people watching the game the allusion we have some sort of tradition.

As I am typing this, I remembered something I saw this morning...
https://goredbirds.com/news/2018/11/27/redbird-mens-basketball-hosts-san-diego-state-in-the-annual-retro-day-game.aspx

It appears Saturday is a "retro day" instead of "white out" despite promoting it for a few games this season as a "white out." 500 students will be given a shirt when they come in. I think that might just be a missed opportunity as they are taking two themed days and putting them into one. Like, its hard to promote a white out if the team isn't wearing their white uniforms. I think the Bradley game should always be the retro day with a "white" or "red" out for marquee games. Just one guy's opinion.

ricohill

Adunk33 said:
ricohill said:
Adunk33 said:

A white shirt with a small ISU logo on the front can't be that expensive. Get 5k of them and put them on the lower bowl seats, or at least the ones that will be shown on TV. Give the people watching the game the allusion we have some sort of tradition.

As I am typing this, I remembered something I saw this morning...
https://goredbirds.com/news/2018/11/27/redbird-mens-basketball-hosts-san-diego-state-in-the-annual-retro-day-game.aspx

It appears Saturday is a "retro day" instead of "white out" despite promoting it for a few games this season as a "white out." 500 students will be given a shirt when they come in. I think that might just be a missed opportunity as they are taking two themed days and putting them into one. Like, its hard to promote a white out if the team isn't wearing their white uniforms. I think the Bradley game should always be the retro day with a "white" or "red" out for marquee games. Just one guy's opinion.

I like the White Out idea. I just have this fear that 50% of the people won't know about it. It would be really cool to have everyone in White. A lot easier to make happen when you have shirts to give out.

I think the hard thing about doubling up promotions is there isn't really a marquee home game after Ole Miss (which is social media day), until Loyola plays at ISU on Feb 2nd. Really the only big weekend home games that are left are Loyola and Bradley.

Phantom

Any color-out game only works when everyone participates. Hate to pee in the cheerios but it has never, and probably will never work here. The only thing that's ever come close is the students all wearing red, and even nowadays that's starting to wane. Hell, you can always pinpoint a few dingbats in the student section who are wearing the OTHER team's colors :oops:

SgtHulka

Rollbirds5 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
the seats are red and 50% of the seats wont be filled.

Just get some cardboard cut outs of peoples faces to fill in those seats and it just may work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txEbV9A415E

Top Bottom