MVC Non Conference Games

DougSutton

No idea if Valpo can keep going at this pace but Valpo is beating Illinois at Illinois at half 45-38. I know Roger personally and am cheering him on. Valpo can't be an easy place to recruit to.

P.S. I didn't want to start a new thread only for this game so thought of creating one for MVC games/updates. I only saw posts with results after the games were finished.

Bdub777

In the spirit of helping out your thread Doug, Missouri State just knocked off FGCU in the Paradise Jam….Bears now 2-1

Manchester Matt

And Belmont got throttled by Arizona 100-68!
Obviously a tough opponent, but I wasn’t buying Belmont being picked as high as it was.

They’ve been blown out twice and beat a Georgia State team by two at home. Georgia State just lost to Northern Illinois.

Dmills

Was taking a look at the early season Iowa basketball stats because I was interested to see how Ty's Midwest Pro teammates were doing - Owen Freeman and Brock Harding. Both are doing pretty decent, I believe Owen won Big Ten freshman of the week already. Brock is tied for the team lead in assists at 4.3 points per game. I also noticed that our old pal in Ben Krikke is leading the team in scoring with 20 ppg. Iowa will be an interesting team to watch this year. They also have Belmont transfer Even Brauns who has only appeared in 1 game. It will be interesting to see how the MVC -> Big 10 transfers do this year. I the list is Krikke, Brauns, Domask (Illinois), and Lance Jones (Purdue).

DoubleDeuce

Was taking a look at the early season Iowa basketball stats because I was interested to see how Ty's Midwest Pro teammates were doing - Owen Freeman and Brock Harding. Both are doing pretty decent, I believe Owen won Big Ten freshman of the week already. Brock is tied for the team lead in assists at 4.3 points per game. I also noticed that our old pal in Ben Krikke is leading the team in scoring with 20 ppg. Iowa will be an interesting team to watch this year. They also have Belmont transfer Even Brauns who has only appeared in 1 game. It will be interesting to see how the MVC -> Big 10 transfers do this year. I the list is Krikke, Brauns, Domask (Illinois), and Lance Jones (Purdue).
Mast to Nebraska too. He had a nice game today.

cubird

Kristen looks like he b as lost some weight. Iowa plays really fast.

Baltimore Bird

That kind of loss by Drake by 24 really hurts their at-large chance come March if it is needed.
We have learned that over the years.
I root for the MVC in non-conference games (except for Bradley who I hope gets shutout).

Redbird222

Missouri State won their tournament. NJ Benson looked good (17 points and 16 rebounds). It's his second season and he definitely looks like he improved.

RedbirdSoxFan

For 11/21 we have:
WIU vs Valpo (In Champaign? Why?)
Drake vs Akron
SIU vs #22 James Madison
Indy St vs Rice
WIU vs Valparaiso is in Champaign participating in the Illini Classic along with Illinois and Southern University. That is why Valparaiso played Illinois Saturday.
Why? Yeah, it really makes zero sense because Illinois is not playing today. They play Friday against WIU. So if it were a doubleheader today then that would make sense.

Adunk33

Staff member
WIU vs Valparaiso is in Champaign participating in the Illini Classic along with Illinois and Southern University. That is why Valparaiso played Illinois Saturday.
Why? Yeah, it really makes zero sense because Illinois is not playing today. They play Friday against WIU. So if it were a doubleheader today then that would make sense.
This is a Jank-like Global Sports Roundball Classic in Champaign.

Top Bottom