Muller Math

Adunk33

Staff member
Good for Matt. He comes from wealth and it is very kind of them to take the financial burden of a year of tuition.

Matt Hein continues to better the team, this time, just off the court.

Just +2 scholarships now.

SgtHulka

Let the hate fest continue. Horrible person

Thanks Matt. Luv Ya Baby!!! Glad you're here

Retire 12

2 things here.

1st, and most important... Matt Hein you're awesome. Thank you for everything you've done, and continue to do for this University. What an awesome gesture.

2nd, and needs to be said... I'm gong to again go back to all of the people saying Muller runs people off and overrecruits. They simply don't know the entire story, and there's more than meets the eye in situations.

What an incredibly deep roster we have right now.

bb fan

Matt Hein for president!

It's really ironic, isn't it? So many here have speculated over the years the only reason we have Matt is because of David. All the mean stuff folks here has said. Matt has a breakthrough season. David is gone. Matt will get even better, and most likely finish his college career as a Redbird. And he does this for the team.

Thanks for being a Redbird, Matt.

ILSTUGRAD11

Retire 12 said:
2 things here.

1st, and most important... Matt Hein you're awesome. Thank you for everything you've done, and continue to do for this University. What an awesome gesture.

2nd, and needs to be said... I'm gong to again go back to all of the people saying Muller runs people off and overrecruits. They simply don't know the entire story, and there's more than meets the eye in situations.

Pure speculation, but the likely scenario to me is that Muller told him he wouldn't have a scholarship next year once Fisher committed and he was welcome to walk on or transfer to another school and Hein, knowing that he would likely not be able to transfer to another D1 school, opted to walk on. The spin they put on it makes it sound like Dan got the whole team in a room and said guys, we need someone to step up and give up their scholarship so we can get Ndiaye, any takers? I doubt that was how it actually went down though. Still a nice gesture of Hein to give up his scholarship and not decide to transfer. Nice to have all this depth!

Jsnhbe1Birds

Amazing move by Hein and his family. Even with wealth they didn't have to do it. I respect his love for the program. While I'm not his biggest fan I'm happy to see nobody else leaving. Matt is like the little engine that could.

Manchester Matt

Look forward to watching Matt cut down a piece of the net in St. Louis next March.

Here’s hoping he gets an ovation worthy of the effort he’s made and this gesture.

Jsnhbe1Birds

ILSTUGRAD11 said:
Retire 12 said:
2 things here.

Pure speculation, but the likely scenario to me is that Muller told him he wouldn't have a scholarship next year once Ndiaye committed and he was welcome to walk on or transfer to another school and Hein, knowing that he would likely not be able to transfer to another D1 school, opted to walk on. The spin they put on it makes it sound like Dan got the whole team in a room and said guys, we need someone to step up and give up their scholarship so we can get Ndiaye, any takers? I doubt that was how it actually went down though. Still a nice gesture of Hein to give up his scholarship and not decide to transfer. Nice to have all this depth!

Agree completely. I don't think he was in line for a grad transfer and he probably didn't want to leave his friends and girlfriend. Took one for the team.

Manchester Matt

Info I was told is that Hein’s dad helped facilitate the stuff with Abdou. I’m not surprised.

ILSTUGRAD11

Santa Cason said:
Info I was told is that Hein’s dad helped facilitate the stuff with Abdou. I’m not surprised.

That is interesting. That would shoot down my theory that Matt was asked to walk-on. I wonder what the fall out was with King David then?

DWRedbird

Tons of respect for anyone willing to go this route, huge kudos to Matt Hein and his family.

Redbird Alum 2004

Wow Matt is the man. Not only did he step up last year but now he goes and does this. Great kid and great family.

Adunk33

Staff member
Santa Cason said:

This makes a LOT of sense.

ILSTUGRAD11

Retire 12 said:
You're 100% wrong about him being told he was losing his scholarship.

Sounds good. I trust you have reliable sources telling you how it actually went down. Kudos to Matt and his family for taking that financial burden.

ILSTUGRAD11

Adunk33 said:
Santa Cason said:

This makes a LOT of sense.

So is Matt's dad going to be the new assistant coach too? If he keeps feeding us the best Florida prospects named Ndiaye every year I am all for it! Plus, then he can get Matt's tuition waived.

DoubleDeuce

Santa Cason said:
Look forward to watching Matt cut down a piece of the net in St. Louis next March.

Here’s hoping he gets an ovation worthy of the effort he’s made and this gesture.

There may not be enough net to go around!

Manchester Matt

DoubleDeuce said:
Santa Cason said:

There may not be enough net to go around!

:lol:

Retire 12

ILSTUGRAD11 said:
Retire 12 said:
You're 100% wrong about him being told he was losing his scholarship.

Sounds good. I trust you have reliable sources telling you how it actually went down. Kudos to Matt and his family for taking that financial burden.

No worries ;)

Top Bottom