MH

Others
IG
EC
TB

IHateWSU was at game last night and told me three interesting things
1. The bench stayed in game and was very positive in second half
2. Coach never looked towards EC in second half
3. Romine’s shoes look like he wore them thru the mud on way to game.

Meanings to me:
Chemistry may not be as bad as I had feared
EC not one of 8
Redshirt for Romine.

JHBird

Might not be good for Elijah C, since he only played 5 minutes last game...that's a shame I think, but it's desperation time. Definitely won't be seeing Romine this game either, maybe for the year. Personally I would just replace MH with EC. He's got too much upside to just waste away on the bench. At some point he'll catch on, but he'll need more minutes. I know he technically hasn't earned it, but I don't care because everybody knows he's got more talent.

ricohill

Metamoron said:
MY
PF
KE
DN
MW
WT
MH

Others
IG
EC
TB

Meanings to me:
EC not one of 8
Redshirt for Romine.

EC and Romine are the most interesting.

If EC isn't in the rotation did we waste a year by not redshirting him with the injury? I know it isn't good for ISU, but don't feel like this year is going to be worth it for him if he's out the rotation the rest of the way.

I think Romine is probably gone. He's going to be behind PF, DN, and TB, plus we recruited over him with Dixon and Idowu.

tpskult

Is there a reason Muller wont say anything in regards to Romine? Or is the media afraid to ask the difficult questions?

JHBird

ricohill said:
Metamoron said:
MY
PF
KE
DN
MW
WT
MH

Others
IG
EC
TB

Meanings to me:
EC not one of 8
Redshirt for Romine.

If EC isn't in the rotation did we waste a year by not redshirting him with the injury? I know it isn't good for ISU, but don't feel like this year is going to be worth it for him if he's out the rotation the rest of the way.

I think Romine is probably gone. He's going to be behind PF, DN, and TB, plus we recruited over him with Dixon and Idowu.

I'm getting the feeling that you're right about Romine being gone. I don't have any inside info, but he'll be three years into his career and has hardly played any minutes at all. Bruniga has more experience now than him.

Chicagobirdfan

JHBird said:
ricohill said:
Metamoron said:
MY
PF
KE
DN
MW
WT
MH

Others
IG
EC
TB

Meanings to me:
EC not one of 8
Redshirt for Romine.

I'm getting the feeling that you're right about Romine being gone. I don't have any inside info, but he'll be three years into his career and has hardly played any minutes at all. Bruniga has more experience now than him.
It would be very upsetting if EC was benched for the year. Not To try and join the Hein bashing group, but if he is In the 8 then something is terribly wrong. And it all starts with recruiting.

JHBird

I'm worried that if EC is benched and plays little the rest of the year, that he might seek a transfer. It might even do him good to sit out a year somewhere else. Of course he doesn't have much good tape from his playing time here. Just last week they were saying he was the best player in practice, and now he might not play much the rest of the way? That seems stupid to me. The best chance we have is getting him to play up to his potential and become part of our 'Big Three'. I'd rather give him a bunch of minutes and pay for it by playing on Thursday, then limp into a Friday spot going with our 'top 8' players. We have no chance without a major change somewhere. Take Hein out and roll with Elijah. I've seen enough. Hein's ok, but shouldn't be playing major minutes over Elijah anymore. I've seen Elijah make some explosive move to the basket then get snuffed...it's like he's almost there, and we all know he can do it..and he will, but he has to start playing more. LET'S ROLL WITH EC!

ISU FAN 1

I’m going to relax until I see the eight before ranting about who’s in and who’s out. Actually, it’ll be a good measuring stick to evaluate Muller as the leader of this program.

Hamdonger

Only speculation, and I certainly like the kid personally, but I'll bet Hein is one of the casualties.

Hamdonger

ISU FAN 1 said:
I’m going to relax until I see the eight before ranting about who’s in and who’s out. Actually, it’ll be a good measuring stick to evaluate Muller as the leader of this program.

Cmon dude. Put your guess out there.

Hamdonger

I'm super disappointed that it looks like we wont see Romine. I was really looking forward to Fayne, David and Christian on the front line. Christian isn't a great player, but he's got a knack for the ball and I expected him to be a major contributor for us.

Missing the key guys that we have for part of this year and all of this year have put a lot of our lineup slightly out of position. With a stacked deck including Copeland, I thought we were looking pretty good. Now we're a wing and a prayer.

ISU FAN 1

Humdinger said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Cmon dude. Put your guess out there.
Not guessing on Muller’s 8, but here would be mine:

MY
PF
KE
MW
TB
DN
WT
EC

Be interesting to see increased minutes for some of these guys with their tendency to foul. Not to mention, we have some guys that get benched in certain games because they are a bad matchup that the other team exploits at will.

Birdfriend72

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Tinsley is trash. Beyond disappointing. Rather see gassman.

The problem with Tinsley is he can’t shoot! He does do a lot more right than some of the others! He can pull down double digit boards and play decent defense!

WoodlandWarrior

Tinsley is probably a quicker defender, leaper and shot blocker than the Gass Man, but Gassman is the better shooter. I’d rather have him in the game when we need a three point shot.

ricohill

Birdfriend72 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Tinsley is trash. Beyond disappointing. Rather see gassman.

The problem with Tinsley is he can’t shoot! He does do a lot more right than some of the others! He can pull down double digit boards and play decent defense!

I bash Tinsley a lot, but I would start him. Gassman is a good guy off the bench. I’d like to see EC and IG take Hein’s minutes. A good guard rotation would be start KE and MD with EC and IG coming off the bench.

SgtHulka

The Gass Man
Hein
Bruninga
Litwiller
Chastain
Dale White
Neil Plank
Ryan Crowley

Top Bottom