Madison Williams career over

Redbirdfan21

Here is one of the scholarships.

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2018/5/4/mens-basketball-madison-williams-to-end-playing-career.aspx

Redbrd1

Redbirdfan21 said:
Here is one of the scholarships.

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2018/5/4/mens-basketball-madison-williams-to-end-playing-career.aspx

Makes sense. Need Hein and Romine as well and we’re good to go.

Jsnhbe1Birds

I don't think Romine is going anywhere because Fayne is the only big guy with experience if he goes. You don't bet on two freshman on a senior laden squad with NCAA aspirations. Hein MIGHT but I doubt it. I think 1 scholarship is going to come from Gassman as he will go back to walk-on. Also, Chastain isn't guaranteed a scholarship.

Jsnhbe1Birds

I wasn't the biggest fan of Williams but I hate that his career is over. At least he stays on scholarship and gets a degree he can use for the future.

bombay

Thanks for everything, Madison. Your ESPN highlight reel dunk will always remain in ISU lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo08A_WPfdM

cpacmel

Baltimore Bird said:
So if he is staying on scholarship how does that reduce our count?

Since it’s career ending, his scholarship doesn’t count against the 13. See Mike Vandello.

Manchester Matt

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
I don't think Romine is going anywhere because Fayne is the only big guy with experience if he goes. You don't bet on two freshman on a senior laden squad with NCAA aspirations. Hein MIGHT but I doubt it. I think 1 scholarship is going to come from Gassman as he will go back to walk-on. Also, Chastain isn't guaranteed a scholarship.

Romine wasn’t exactly a superstar at UTEP and he couldn’t get on the court here when there was no depth.

He’s going to be a walk-on, if here at all, and so is Ike.

There’s your 13.

SgtHulka

bombay said:
Thanks for everything, Madison. Your ESPN highlight reel dunk will always remain in ISU lore.

Amen

You will be missed Madison. Best wishes for your future.

RedbirdSoxFan

Jsnhbe1Birds said:

Loyola did pretty good with a freshman starting at center. If Ndiaye and Idowu aren’t good enough to be good backups to Fayne, than maybe they aren’t as good as projected.

Baltimore Bird

Madison had some Ricky Johnson in him which puts him in high company in my opinion. I wish he could have stayed healthy And realized his potential. Thank you Madison

DannyCooksey

SgtHulka said:
bombay said:

Amen

You will be missed Madison. Best wishes for your future.
Absolutely.

He was a really good defensive player. I thought he always played hard and seems like a good kid and teammate.

Injuries suck. I hate seeing a youngster who isn't able to end a playing career on his own terms. Best of luck Madison.

Manchester Matt

Appreciate everything Madison gave to this program.

Sucks that he has to end his career early, but very pleased to hear that he will stick around and be a RB4L.

Chicagobirdfan

This is sad to hear. Really loved his defense and intensity. Will always remember that dunk vs valpo. Thanks for everything you gave these last few years, Madison!

Hamdonger

Super disappointed for Madison and for ISU. Felt like he would have been a very good contributor to this year's team, especially defensively playing for Dan. Think he represented us well!! Thank you MDub.

However, it perhaps contributed to opening the door to our new #4. Interested to see how the rest pans out.

I do have a question though. Who's gonna step up and be our bulldog defender this year???

Retire 12

Sad news for Madison. He'll be missed. Looked like things were clicking for him this year too, so this is a bummer.

Kinda goes against the whole "Dan runs kids off" stigma people throw out eh?

Sometimes... there's things going on the casual fan doesn't see........ keep that in mind.

TIMMY

Kid works his ass off to become a D1 athlete and has it taken away by injury. Really a shame. Wish him the best.

Top Bottom