Loyola Game - 9 PM Saturday

Reggie Redbird

Just heard Sean Johnson and his crew got donors to buy tickets for the first 500 students for the Loyola game to go to students who don’t have Red Alert passes. Sounds like they will be distributing them all other campus. Happy to hear the extra efforts to get students out to the game - free tickets; free pizza! What else can we do? Hopefully it’s a great game and a fun atmosphere to draw them back in!

I don’t know who the donors are but thank you for contributing the making it the best atmosphere!

DoubleDeuce

A nice raucous crowd would be awesome... I think our players would feed off that in a big way.

bb fan

Great news, Reggie. And thanks to those donors. In addition to Benny the Bull, I am hearing Dick Luedke will be calling his 1000th Redbird game, and will be honored. The weather is breaking, so things are looking like they are coming together for a nice crowd.

Adunk33

Staff member
bb fan said:
Great news, Reggie. And thanks to those donors. I addition to Benny the Bull, I am hearing Dick Luedke will be calling his 1000th Redbird game, and will be honored. The weather is breaking, so things are looking like they are coming together for a nice crowd.

I heard that during the broadcast. Dick is as good a man as he is a broadcaster. When I was in high school, probably a freshman, I knew wanted to get into sports broadcasting and grew up listening to Dick and was infatuated with radio. I reached out to him during Redbird football season and within hours he got back to me and had me up with him at the next home football game. He taught me some of the tricks of the trade and put me to work. He had me back for another game that season as well. Five years later, I got the opportunity to work with Dick on Redbird football and basketball broadcasts for three years when I was working in radio. He was always courteous and available to answer any and all questions. In business, and the media industry specifically, a lot of people do not see proper recognition for their work. To this day, Dick goes out of his way to make sure everyone who had a hand in working the broadcast gets on-air recognition. This is unheard of in media. He is a true professional and we are lucky to have him.

Tpguy

I can't guess who will win, but if we have one player that has a real bad game I hope he breaks a hand at the next practice

SgtHulka

Birds 74
Fighting Porters 69

Jacket comes off at the 9:45 mark

stats

bb fan said:
Great news, Reggie. And thanks to those donors. In addition to Benny the Bull, I am hearing Dick Luedke will be calling his 1000th Redbird game, and will be honored. The weather is breaking, so things are looking like they are coming together for a nice crowd.

Dick Luedke has always been 100% class as a broadcaster and a person.

Birdswin

Good Work Sean!!

To bad Benson does not get excited - his articles are rather bland and rarely does he ever write any additional articles. Heck, he should have something about the team on almost a daily basis in-season.

SgtHulka

Phil+Fayne+Matt+Hein+MVC+Basketball+Tournament+IxoJuWdky81l.jpg

ISU86

Serious question.

In regards to officials, what kind of game benefits us?

Too loose and Krutwig may have a field day.

Too tight and Fayne/Idowu could spend a lot of the evening alongside HCDM (they picked up seven fouls at Drake on a night where only twenty-one were whistled COMBINED for both teams) - not to mention that, as of now, we only have eight players available to dress (shades of Illinois-Chicago)).

Flagship08

ISU86 said:
Serious question.

In regards to officials, what kind of game benefits us?

Too loose and Krutwig may have a field day.

Too tight and Fayne/Idowu could spend a lot of the evening alongside HCDM (they picked up seven fouls at Drake on a night where only twenty-one were whistled COMBINED for both teams) - not to mention that, as of now, we only have eight players available to dress (shades of Illinois-Chicago)).

It seems we always commit more fouls than our opponent. If Fayne or Yarbs get into foul trouble early we are in big trouble. I hope the refs keep their whistles in their pocket.

Birdswin

It amazes me how few fouls get called on our opponents when Fayne and Yarbrough have the ball in the paint vs on the opposite end. Just amazing. It is a very rare event for anyone opponent to get a foul call on them when Yarbrough has the ball.

Gerry Pollard or Paul Janssen show up - bad news.

redbirdfan04

Birds win, I was having a wonderful morning and then you had bring up to Gerry Pollard! Please keep that old man out of Redbird arena. :lol: :lol: :x :x

Birdswin said:
It amazes me how few fouls get called on our opponents when Fayne and Yarbrough have the ball in the paint vs on the opposite end. Just amazing. It is a very rare event for anyone opponent to get a foul call on them when Yarbrough has the ball.

Gerry Pollard or Paul Janssen show up - bad news.

Phantom

Tough one here. Real nice road W at DU the other night and need that to carry over. Do NOT have a let down in this one because if we take our foot off the gas for a second, LUC will pounce. Winnable. Do it.

Redbirds 68
Ramblers 65

If the students can't get off their asses and to the arena and make some noise - not stand around like statues - but get into the f'ing game, then I don't know what to say. Get a noisy, charged up 8000+ in the building and you'll have some real atmosphere.

Top Bottom