King David gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BirdGrad2011

Hein invited Fayne down to his house for spring break. Don’t know if him and David are as attached as they once were.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about this. I liked David. I think if he would have stuck with it for four years, he would have been pretty darn good his senior year.

SgtHulka

Good luck wherever you land David. Would have liked to have seen what a year or 3 without the broken foot bones could have done for your upside.

MadBird

Hate to see this, not because he earned big time PT, but because he never turned the corner, injuries, etc. He's got some skills, just never put it all together. Hope someone steps up and grabs the chance.

DWRedbird

MadBird said:
Hate to see this, not because he earned big time PT, but because he never turned the corner, injuries, etc. He's got some skills, just never put it all together. Hope someone steps up and grabs the chance.

I agree...I wish he could have had one full season with us, as I think he really does have some great potential. Good luck wherever he ends up!

birdballfan

Good Luck in the future David!!! I appreciate the time & effort you gave being a Redbird!!!!

Manchester Matt

Appreciate the effort and feel bad that he’s dealt with so many personal injuries during his time here.

Not real surprised.

Lack of big men gonna strike again unless we add a juco/grad trans.

Fayne/Romine/Bruninga/Freshman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpacmel

isuquinndog said:
Sorry to hear about this. I liked David. I think if he would have stuck with it for four years, he would have been pretty darn good his senior year.

:text-+1:

Bird Gang

I hope this means we relieve Yarbrough of most of his point forward responsibilities and stick him in the post next season. By the end of the season he was an automatic double team when he got the ball down low. If he improves his interior passing and recognition, a lineup with Fayne and Yarbrough in the post and Taylor out on the wing could be a lethal combination.

Adunk33

Staff member
RedbirdNation24 said:
Hmm wonder if this means Hein is gone as well.

My jaw dropped when I read this. Not to say I'm disappointed or whatever but it's just surprising he would transfer down/sit 1/play one. I think another possibility is that he has not been playing basketball that long. Maybe his heart wasn't "in" it and the injuries would sure be discouraging to me if I was in his shoes. Best of luck to David.

Now to Hein... Anyone know who he is dating? That will tell you that he will be at ISU as long as he wants.

V Boy

Think it's best for both parties. Think he would have continued to have a tough time with Krutwig and Pippen. And not enough upside on offense to stay on the court. Good move for all.

Redbird Alum 2004

Adunk33 said:
RedbirdNation24 said:
Hmm wonder if this means Hein is gone as well.

My jaw dropped when I read this. Not to say I'm disappointed or whatever but it's just surprising he would transfer down/sit 1/play one. I think another possibility is that he has not been playing basketball that long. Maybe his heart wasn't "in" it and the injuries would sure be discouraging to me if I was in his shoes. Best of luck to David.

Now to Hein... Anyone know who he is dating? That will tell you that he will be at ISU as long as he wants.

:lol: bingo

DannyCooksey

Best of luck to David.

He always played hard and seems like a good kid and good teammate.

BTbird

I thought next year could be a big step for him if he could stay healthy. Good luck to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom