Josh Jefferson

SgtHulka

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Josh is a player. Shoe in for all newcomer team as long as he maintains

gobirds72

SgtHulka said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Josh is a player. Shoe in for all newcomer team as long as he maintains

Totally agree with you. If we can get Keyshawn’s production back to normal, and get 7-10 ppg from Copeland with 35% or better shooting...thus could be a dangerous team.

Buffett

Josh should teach everyone else his shooting technique which is picture perfect

JHBird

Buffett said:
Josh should teach everyone else his shooting technique which is picture perfect

It looks like he actually concentrates when shooting...that might be the key. He's pretty deadly in the shoot arounds before the game too...that's usually a good sign. I remember watching Elijah miss 3 pt shot after 3 pt shot during warm ups, and that seemed to carry over into the game.

RedbirdSoxFan

I always cringe when I see a topic started with one of our players. It is normally not good news!

The Legend

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Anyone know why JJ didn’t see the floor today?

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/isu-evansville-square-off-for-second-time-in-two-weeks/article_2dd7f263-64bf-524d-8a64-233ca9382e88.html
Muller said Jefferson needs "to play better than the other guys and he has to have a better attitude" to earn more court time.

"The truth is Josh was a better game player than he was a practice player when he was playing well, and it caught up with him," said Muller. "You get to this point of the year and OK doesn't just get you minutes because you're a nice guy. You have to play well and play better than other guys and be consistent over a bunch of days in practice."

Apparently he’s a stud in games and a dud in practice. Essentially he’s Hein’s polar opposite. Hoping he’ll see the light sooner than later.

REALBird

I’m bumping into more and more people in the stands and in public who are beginning to question our head ball coach. His sub patterns, who he sits, who he plays, his lack of adjustments.

Jefferson may not play exceptional DEF but just like Tinsley, on a team that struggles to score sometimes. He needs minutes. Slow, fundamentally sound defense may get us over in a few games....but the object is still to score more than the other team.

Bird Friend

Jefferson is not good on D. And he hasn't been hitting his shots. Those two things can kill confidence. And a lack of confidence can bleed into poor practices (just ask Boogie). He's got to buy in or he's not going to see the floor much.

I noticed he didn't even take his warm ups off (at least in the 2nd half), so I don't think he was even planning on playing today.

Bird Friend

REALBird said:
I’m bumping into more and more people in the stands and in public who are beginning to question our head ball coach. His sub patterns, who he sits, who he plays, his lack of adjustments.

Jefferson may not play exceptional DEF but just like Tinsley, on a team that struggles to score sometimes. He needs minutes. Slow, fundamentally sound defense may get us over in a few games....but the object is still to score more than the other team.

You can score more than the other team by not letting them score as many as you. Just saying . . .

ISU86

Bird Friend said:
REALBird said:

You can score more than the other team by not letting them score as many as you. Just saying . . .

But you do have to score (can't win with zero). Also, just saying ...

gobirds72

Bird Friend said:
Jefferson is not good on D. And he hasn't been hitting his shots. Those two things can kill confidence. And a lack of confidence can bleed into poor practices (just ask Boogie). He's got to buy in or he's not going to see the floor much.

I noticed he didn't even take his warm ups off (at least in the 2nd half), so I don't think he was even planning on playing today.

Have you looked a Heins numbers? They are bad. I think my 8 year old kid could shoot better. It’s pretty sad.

Sanantoniobird

gobirds72 said:
Bird Friend said:

Have you looked a Heins numbers? They are bad. I think my 8 year old kid could shoot better. It’s pretty sad.
I’d take that bet. [emoji849]

DaveBird10

gobirds72 said:
Bird Friend said:

Coach Muller also said on WJBC after the game that Hein's numbers of 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 turnovers and his defense are why Hein plays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SgtHulka

DaveBird10 said:
gobirds72 said:
Bird Friend said:

Coach Muller also said on WJBC after the game that Hein's numbers of 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 turnovers and his defense are why Hein plays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

:text-+1:

He made 2 great bounce passes in the lane after penetrating. One ended with a blown layup. But he does good things out there. Would prefer his minutes be slightly less but don’t wail when he checks in.

redbirdron1

I've noticed since the Heiner rec'd his bachelor degree this past
December he's been shooting less and that's not a bad thing. He's
also penetrated more effectively without trying to throw up the unsuccessful shot
but as Sarge points out - finding an open Bird.

Guys.....he's playing pretty well. No he's not a threat on O but he does what his coach wants
and therefore has earned time. I thought he played very well yesterday and was told the foul on him
was iffy behind the arc in the last minute. There's a lot of actors out there behind the arc these days.

Back to JJ. I support this young man and we know he can bring it offensively but he's got to buy-in or
no minutes as Dan is firm that way. C'mon JJ - get off your Bird-feathers, grow up and realize you gotta
make it happen on D.

Brick

Fact of the matter is unless you are already the most talented player in the world you have to play hard all the time to get better. That’s why it’s called practice. I think JJ will get the message. Never seen an attitude on the kid. It’s all a learning process.

gobirds72

Sanantoniobird said:
gobirds72 said:
Bird Friend said:

I’d take that bet. [emoji849]

He is shooting around .176 from 3 Pt range and .230 from inside the arch. Also, under .600 from the free throw line. This is a 6-2 guard we are talking about. This isn’t Shaq.

Top Bottom