It Is Time to Make a Coaching Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. I recently met up with a high school scout Tom K. (the best in the world). I consider him a friend. He also just loves hoops. The first thing he told me when we chatted about my RedBirds is "they need to go in a different direction from a coaching perspective."

I mean it. Dan seems like a nice guy. He just never had "it". Four seniors. So this should be the end of the road for him finally. I lurked here last year and read the board but did not post. I mean we can stay in the staus quo but if the majority of us get on the same page we can make this happen. Just takes some deep pockets :) and a fan base that wants better. Nothing personal to coach Muller. Change is good. For everyone IMO.

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Girl youre about to get bashed

I am in NYC now but born and raised in Bloomington. So you know. I used to love the egg rolls at the Grand Cafe when Ike owned the restaurant. Now I am living in NYC. That is why the Tom K. reference!

Muller must go!

Jsnhbe1Birds

Im with ya but 99% of the board is not and might jump on you. Although after today some might come around.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Most think it's too early, I think. First, it isn't going to happen mid season so it's a moot point. It just isn't. And Dan has gotten closer to the NCAA tournament than any one since Kevin Stallings. I think he has earned a little leeway.

Bird Friend

Not going to comment on the merit of the post. Just want to say that you can call for it all you want at this point, but it's not likely to happen. One, I don't think Lyons or Deitz have the balls. Two, so long as they somewhat turn this season around, it will be hard to justify.

gobirds72

isuquinndog said:
Most think it's too early, I think. First, it isn't going to happen mid season so it's a moot point. It just isn't. And Dan has gotten closer to the NCAA tournament than any one since Kevin Stallings. I think he has earned a little leeway.

No, Janks choked in the conference championship a few times too! Closer? LOL...who cares that he was close!

DannyCooksey

i don't want a coaching change. I support Dan as long as he's here.

That said......firing him is fine as long as you can find someone better. Therein lies the problem. i believe Dan is the best we can do.

Bird Friend said:
Not going to comment on the merit of the post. Just want to say that you can call for it all you want at this point, but it's not likely to happen. One, I don't think Lyons or Deitz have the balls. Two, so long as they somewhat turn this season around, it will be hard to justify.

No reason we can't find the next Nate Oats. The basketball product is just really bad. There will be no At- Large so now is the time to prepare. UConn did that with Hurley before the Ollie firing. That is why URI tanked it on Senior Night and Andrea stopped going to the games. Look it is all about the search. If there is one big money donor pissed things can move. If not the status quo administration should be looked into.

I just think the time is right. We burned our At-Large hopes in a couple weeks! lol

Nothing personal because Dan could do well at a D2 school or as an assistant at a low level D1. Nothing personal. Just business.

DannyCooksey said:

That said......firing him is fine as long as you can find someone better. Therein lies the problem. i believe Dan is the best we can do.

Thank you for the thoughtful post. I believe we can. We deserve a better product.

Birdman85

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/dan-muller-1.html

His statistics don't really show how close we have been to the tournament. He is very average. His coaching is average. His win/loss record is average. Saying he is the best we can do shows what is terribly wrong with our fan base.

gobirds72

DannyCooksey said:

I don’t support mediocrity!

Bird Friend

RedBirdYogaGirl4Life said:
Bird Friend said:

No reason we can't find the next Nate Oats. The basketball product is just really bad. There will be no At- Large so now is the time to prepare. UConn did that with Huirley before the Ollie firing. That is why URI tanked it on Senior Night and Andrea stopped going to the games. Look it is all about the search. If there is one big money donor pissed things can move. If not the status quo administration should be looked into.

I just think the time is right. We burned our At-Large hopes in a couple weeks! lol

Nothing personal because Dan could do well at a D2 school or as an assistant at a low level D1. Nothing personal. Just business.

Not sure we have a big enough donor. And as Quinn said, it's moot. ISU's not going to do something in season.

gobirds72

isuquinndog said:
Dan did well at a high major P5 as an assistant. He can do better than d2, lol.

Maybe he is an assistant then! He hsnt proven he is a great Division 1 coach! Getting close doesn’t mean anything to me! Everyone thinks Spack is a stud because of one great season! What has he done since?

gobirds72

Bird Friend said:
RedBirdYogaGirl4Life said:
Bird Friend said:

No reason we can't find the next Nate Oats. The basketball product is just really bad. There will be no At- Large so now is the time to prepare. UConn did that with Huirley before the Ollie firing. That is why URI tanked it on Senior Night and Andrea stopped going to the games. Look it is all about the search. If there is one big money donor pissed things can move. If not the status quo administration should be looked into.

Not sure we have a big enough donor. And as Quinn said, it's moot. ISU's not going to do something in season.

Maybe Lyons needs to be fired for giving out an extension!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom