Ex-SIU DE stopped school shooting -- shot 3 times

Jsnhbe1Birds

Former Southern Illinois football player Jason Seaman was the teacher that intervened in today's school shooting outside Indianapolis. He was shot 3 times while engaging the shooter.

Jsnhbe1Birds

I realize this is the basketball board. Some of us don't venture over to the football section often.

TIMMY

2 young kids at home. Thank god he's OK.
Noblesville is a very nice area. How the **** does a 14 year old get a hold of 2 guns?

RedbirdSoxFan

TIMMY said:
Noblesville is a very nice area. How the **** does a 14 year old get a hold of 2 guns?

If I understand this article correctly, he was a 7th grade student. 14 years old and in the 7th grade. Not very bright is he. Most of us were a freshman in high school when we were 14. Anyway, if those guns belong to his parents “Lock Them Up”

HT59

RedbirdSoxFan said:
TIMMY said:

If I understand this article correctly, he was a 7th grade student. 14 years old and in the 7th grade. Not very bright is he. Most of us were a freshman in high school when we were 14. Anyway, if those guns belong to his parents “Lock Them Up”

Did you ever hear of "rule of law" and "due process" ?

Birdswin

Criminals do not follow laws. That is how a 14-year gets a couple of guns - not following the law. Once again, a lot of good the stickers on doors with a red circle and slash through a gun did - all those stickers do is identity soft targets. Now, what if they have a big sign that said - Protected by Smith & Wesson - backed up with Browning and Remington.

Tpguy

Birdswin said:
Criminals do not follow laws. That is how a 14-year gets a couple of guns - not following the law. Once again, a lot of good the stickers on doors with a red circle and slash through a gun did - all those stickers do is identity soft targets. Now, what if they have a big sign that said - Protected by Smith & Wesson - backed up with Browning and Remington.

That says a Redneck lives there :roll:

jbird

Pretty sure that Quinn has a rule about political posts, and a NRA rally probably qualifies as political.

BIGfan

Forget the punk and his guns... this thread is about a real Hero who took him down. Thank God for DEs.

A

Anonymous

Since this thread has already gone off the political rails...I agree the most with HT59 and Birdswin's opinions expressed in this thread.

Also get out there and hug a flag for Memorial Day weekend.
r2rgix9ojzz01.jpg

Jsnhbe1Birds

We can't have a thread where people can honor an MVC alum who saved dozens of children by sacrificing himself?! You people should be ashamed of yoursekves.

A

Anonymous

I'm sure Quinn's enjoying his Memorial Day weekend as he's entitled to. I think the moral of the story is that no thread that's remotely political should be posted. I don't think it should be surprising to the original poster or anyone else this would happen with a thread started dealing with a school shooting and guns. So that's the first thing I'd say since this is the second time this has happened because something else like this recently happened with a thread on the new tax law. And the next thing I'd say is that I think the problem started with the fourth and fifth posts of the thread asking how does a 14 year old get a hold of guns and that the parents should be locked up. It shouldn't be surprising that people who disagree with the fourth and fifth posts would then respond with their own opinion.

Also someone talked about an NRA rally and there's no evidence in this thread of that. To me there seems to be people on both sides of the political spectrum expressing their opinions which doesn't constitute an NRA rally. But I guess it doesn't surprise me that someone would bring up the NRA because some people blame them for everything nowadays. I also don't particularly appreciate the person who threw out the redneck comment either. IDK about anyone else but this Memorial Day weekend I'm thinking about the veterans who died fighting for our freedoms like the right to bear arms. And yes, I'm thinking about the ex-SIU DE too, but the moral of the story is no thread that's remotely political like this dealing with a school shooting and guns should be posted.

bb fan

Quinnie certainly deserves some time off. I have posted before that I have moderated several forums. And this stuff gets old. The guidelines are simple enough folks, and Mike has always been crystal clear about politics. We have a guy here that invests a lot of time so we can share our appreciation for Redbird Athletics. Let's not make it harder for him than it already has to be.

TIMMY

If Quinn thinks what I wrote was political I'm sure he will take it down and I apologize. It wasn't meant that way. It was a sincere question.
And if anyone is so insecure with their views that they would take it that way I'm sorry for you as well.

A

Anonymous

There's another issue no one's mentioned yet which is that the original poster said that this was posted on the basketball board because some don't go to the football section often. I'm not sure that's a legit reason to post this on the basketball board so it probably shouldn't have even been posted here in the first place.

Also my point in a previous post was not to say whether or not anything is political, but that in this specific instance there was a post that asked how would a 14 year old get a hold of guns and others responded to that. My broader point is that in today's climate, posts dealing with guns and school shootings on this forum are problematic and have the potential to devolve into what occurred.

Jsnhbe1Birds

tojo311 said:
There's another issue no one's mentioned yet which is that the original poster said that this was posted on the basketball board because some don't go to the football section often. I'm not sure that's a legit reason to post this on the basketball board so it probably shouldn't have even been posted here in the first place.

Also my point in a previous post was not to say whether or not anything is political, but that in this specific instance there was a post that asked how would a 14 year old get a hold of guns and others responded to that. My broader point is that in today's climate, posts dealing with guns and school shootings on this forum are problematic and have the potential to devolve into what occurred.

Considering 75% of the site traffic (in relation to posts) is in the Men's Basketball forum I'd say it's safe to say it was okay to post this here.

Top Bottom