Drake

gobirds85

Crud. We have now lost our leading rebounder on a team that doesn't rebound very well.

Hoping Sy gets better soon.

Bird Friend

Crud. We have now lost our leading rebounder on a team that doesn't rebound very well.

Hoping Sy gets better soon.
We're 4th in rebounding in conference games and--believe it or not--we're 2nd overall for the season . . . We're dead last in rebounds allowed overall, but 4th in conference games. So, it seems the conference as a whole must not be very good at rebounding.

Adunk33

Staff member
This is a “blackout” game for fans in attendance. The team will be debuting new uniforms that are black with “Redbirds” in red across the front. The shorts also have the throwback “running Reggie” on the side. The boys will be looking sharp as the hope to bounce back without Sy.

CaliRdBrd

This is a “blackout” game for fans in attendance. The team will be debuting new uniforms that are black with “Redbirds” in red across the front. The shorts also have the throwback “running Reggie” on the side. The boys will be looking sharp as the hope to bounce back without Sy.

Redbird Alum 2004

The only good thing is Drake tends to play a smaller lineup this year with Brode having his role reduced. Abdou needs to be ready to give some quality minutes and Schmitt needs to be ready to be on the floor when Brode is.

I said it in the Evansville thread but I wouldn't be surprised to see if come out and deliver Drake a ten point beating.

B

BirdGrad2011

Funeral for the season and it’s not even February

gobirds85

We're 4th in rebounding in conference games and--believe it or not--we're 2nd overall for the season . . . We're dead last in rebounds allowed overall, but 4th in conference games. So, it seems the conference as a whole must not be very good at rebounding.

We haven’t played Loyola, Drake, or Uni. We have played Eville twice, bu, and valpo. We haven’t played the better valley teams for the most part so my statement stands. We don’t rebound very well. But keep nit picking if that’s what makes you happy.

Redbird222

We haven’t played Loyola, Drake, or Uni. We have played Eville twice, bu, and valpo. We haven’t played the better valley teams for the most part so my statement stands. We don’t rebound very well. But keep nit picking if that’s what makes you happy.
We played just ovet a 1/3 of our valley games and have Missouri State twice and at Drake already. We have to play Loyola twice, UNI twice and Drake at home.

Bird Friend

Relax, 85, I wasn't nit-picking, I was just pointing out that the Valley doesn't seem to be a very good rebounding conference.

We were the worst of the Valley in giving up rebounds in the non-con. And we didn't play any world-beating teams. We basically were even with Bradley, and they're leading the Valley in rebounding by a large margin. Two games against MOST we had 1 more rebound at home and were even in Springfield. Again, we've sucked at rebounding, yet we're upper-tier in conference averages. That tells me the Valley--overall--isn't a very good rebounding conference.

Yogi

just win however we can maybe the basketball gods will help us

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Motivational speaking not your thing?
200.gif

Top Bottom