Copeland, Hein out 2019

Trey_Guidry4three

Not sure if this is in other threads but heard that Copeland and Hein are both likely gone next year. Apparently Copeland's grandma was telling people in St Louis this. Hein's parents were both quoted various times during year at basketball games that Matt wants to get his MBA and focus on school.

RedbirdSoxFan

Zach’s Dad was telling me in St Louis that Zach had been in contact with a couple coaches from other schools about transferring. As I mentioned to him, I thought Zach has used up four of his five year clock. Can’t imagine he is going to graduate. Would he have to go Dll to play?

Flagship08

Did he say why he was looking to transfer? Also is that against the rules for other coaches to be in contact with him?

cpacmel

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Can’t imagine he is going to graduate.

He just finished his 4th year of college. ( 2 years of juco and 2 years at ISU).

With the amount of classes they take in the summer, I’m sure he’s on track to graduate.

RedbirdSoxFan

Flagship08 said:
Did he say why he was looking to transfer? Also is that against the rules for other coaches to be in contact with him?

He said he told Zach to stay at ISU.
My thoughts were the same about the legality of being in contact with other coaches (although I did not state that to him)

ChiRedbirdfan

Flagship08 said:
If the dad or Zach is initially reaching out to coaches what is the “legality” (rather an ncaa violation”) issue? Beyond that ISU would then have to approve the other coaches to have contact.

JHBird

Copeland probably is scared of having to face Keith Fisher after he plays bad. Hein, I can see why he wouldn't want to return. Best of luck to them both. If true, that of course opens up things even more for next year. Sad thing, I don't see a lot of recruiting buzz. It would be nice to see three of four decent freshman come into the program.

gobirds72

JHBird said:
Copeland probably is scared of having to face Keith Fisher after he plays bad. Hein, I can see why he wouldn't want to return. Best of luck to them both. If true, that of course opens up things even more for next year. Sad thing, I don't see a lot of recruiting buzz. It would be nice to see three of four decent freshman come into the program.

I hope for the sake of the talk Fisher is the real deal. Everyone is suppose to be afraid of him. What if his game is a 2/10? are the other guys suppose to be afraid of his loud voice? MAny have him tabbed as the next Karl Malone. I have a feeling many will be disappointed. I know he averaged 10 ppg on a team that won 5 games. That’s not that impressive in my eyes.

redbirdron1

Maybe Cope is afraid he'll lose minutes to Boyd? Or, you gotta feel he could
just be tired of the way this season went and wants out.

Copeland never appeared he rec'd feedback real well from anyone including Fischer.
The young man had some good games and clearly won a couple for us so the talent
was there on occasion but whatever happened the last 10 games or so was not pretty.
Not at all surprised if he looks for a new finish to his career.

JHBird

I'm pretty sure Fisher will be a really good defender. The coach said he can defend the post way better than Phil, but doesn't have those quick offensive moves that Phil has. He said his shot is pretty good too, but I don't he'll average 10 points a game for us. I just hope he can raise the intensity level like Chastain does. Scoring will be a problem for us next year, we'll have to win a lot of ugly games to succeed.

redbirdron1

Now this raises another interesting point. IF....these 2 guys are out, then with newbies and all
the guys in tracksuits we'll have like 9 new guys on the floor next year. Oh my......Sarge - you out
there, cause you always furrow your brow with the 6 new guys we usually have. It might be the second/third
week of March next year before we begin to gel.
Chastain will b the Elder of the group as Gass still gets to play for free and submit himself to this fun!!! Add in
JJ and Rey assuming they both stay.
I don't mean to be negative but we got ourselves an uphill battle to calm the waters here fans - guessing after a few
new faces are added to the roster and we begin to digest the fresh data of the new studs we'll somehow shape the info
that we can be a 3rd place team in the MVC.

ricohill

I heard these rumors as well and if it is the case, which until it happens is just a rumor. We would lose by my calculations 81.2% of our scoring and 64.6% of our rebounding. Our leading returning scorer would be Josh Jefferson at 8.7 ppg.

We have to hope the transfers are all home runs and get a couple of late recruits that can really play.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
gobirds72 said:
JHBird said:

I hope for the sake of the talk Fisher is the real deal. Everyone is suppose to be afraid of him. What if his game is a 2/10? are the other guys suppose to be afraid of his loud voice? MAny have him tabbed as the next Karl Malone. I have a feeling many will be disappointed. I know he averaged 10 ppg on a team that won 5 games. That’s not that impressive in my eyes.
I read 95% of the posts on here (yes, I have PTSD). I'm pretty sure Karl Malone has not been used to describe any ISU player in recent memory.

ISU FAN 1

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Flagship08 said:

He said he told Zach to stay at ISU.
My thoughts were the same about the legality of being in contact with other coaches (although I did not state that to him)
And I always drive the posted speed limit.

birdlife

isuquinndog said:
gobirds72 said:
JHBird said:

I read 95% of the posts on here (yes, I have PTSD). I'm pretty sure Karl Malone has not been used to describe any ISU player in recent memory.
agreed, first time i've ever seen a reference to the mail man

ISU FAN 1

isuquinndog said:
gobirds72 said:
JHBird said:

I think he meant Karl Malden

art.malden.cbs.gi.jpg

SgtHulka

ISU FAN 1 said:
isuquinndog said:
gobirds72 said:
I think he meant Karl Malden

art.malden.cbs.gi.jpg

A better comparison, but not good enough to raise the drama of his post so he went with the mailman

ricohill

I saw Malone at the 85 NCAA Tournament (believe this was the year they were with ISU at Tulsa)...We don't have anyone like the mail man.

SgtHulka

redbirdron1 said:
Now this raises another interesting point. IF....these 2 guys are out, then with newbies and all
the guys in tracksuits we'll have like 9 new guys on the floor next year. Oh my......Sarge - you out
there, cause you always furrow your brow with the 6 new guys we usually have. It might be the second/third
week of March next year before we begin to gel.
Chastain will b the Elder of the group as Gass still gets to play for free and submit himself to this fun!!! Add in
JJ and Rey assuming they both stay.
I don't mean to be negative but we got ourselves an uphill battle to calm the waters here fans - guessing after a few
new faces are added to the roster and we begin to digest the fresh data of the new studs we'll somehow shape the info
that we can be a 3rd place team in the MVC.
Yep. I'm here. Based on the fact that HCDM's worst year has been the one with the lightest volume of turnover, perhaps high turnover better fits his style. It is what it is. The year he turns the entire roster is the year we dance. :think:

Top Bottom