Bulletin board material

Bird Friend

Bulletin board material:

https://twitter.com/Sports_Talker1/status/993690681850957826

https://twitter.com/Sports_Talker1/status/993953845284888576

PurpleRedbird

Don't doubt they have talent coming up, but think they are at least a year away from being serious contenders.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bird Gang

I'm not sure why we're dignifying this nobody by putting his clueless take on the bulletin board. Talk to me when someone who at least follows Valley basketball says we suck.

topiarydan

Yes - losing graduating Seniors Bennett Koch, Klint Carlson, Ted Friedman and Hunter Rhodes along with losing another two key players Juwan McCloud and Tanner Lohaus to transfers surely won't affect the Panthers. I'll admit their incoming Frosh AJ Green is going to be a force along with a nice JUCO guard but no way are they a lock for an NCAA bid.

JHBird

I watched UNI in St. Louis. Never thought they would be that good next year??? I fear Southern more than them...maybe even Bradley.....

RBFANTOO

evenflow said:
Yeah, he’s got 96 followers, lives in Iowa, and his claim to sports fame is having met Jeter.

The only people less qualified than this guy to give sports hot takes would be the posters on the Bradley message board.
:text-+1: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redbird28

evenflow said:
Yeah, he’s got 96 followers, lives in Iowa, and his claim to sports fame is having met Jeter.

The only people less qualified than this guy to give sports hot takes would be the posters on the Bradley message board.

Legit made me LoL. Thanks for that.

ISU FAN 1

Per usual, we look good on paper. Recent history suggests that when we play on hardwood instead of paper, we lose on Sunday. There’s always surprises, upside and downside, relative to preseason prognostications. Time will tell. But I’m pretty optimistic at this point. Love what Dan has done to reshape the roster.

Phantom

ISU FAN 1 said:
Per usual, we look good on paper. Recent history suggests that when we play on hardwood instead of paper, we lose on Sunday. There’s always surprises, upside and downside, relative to preseason prognostications. Time will tell. But I’m pretty optimistic at this point. Love what Dan has done to reshape the roster.

This x 10000.

I've learned to guard my optimism because how many times have we seen it all come down to Sunday only to watch it collapse? Too many. That's happened a lot in the regular season too over the years when we suffer a damaging loss.

Preseason predictions? Way too hard to make. (See: MSU)

As for UNI, any Jacobsen-coached team will always be competitive and capable of beating anyone. As they ramp up their roster they will be a player in the Valley very soon, of course. But as it stands right now I like us a lot better. My way too early guess is we'll have another Battle For Illinois + UNI and there's your top 5 next season.

V Boy

ISU FAN 1 said:

I’m not worried about N Iowa. I am worried about who is going to slow down Custer, Townes and Krutwig. We won’t beat them jacking 3s. We can beat them by attacking them. But which guys on our team are capable of, and more importantly, committed to, doing that? I don’t think that’s obvious yet.

Jsnhbe1Birds

V Boy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

I’m not worried about N Iowa. I am worried about who is going to slow down Custer, Townes and Krutwig. We won’t beat them jacking 3s. We can beat them by attacking them. But which guys on our team are capable of, and more importantly, committed to, doing that? I don’t think that’s obvious yet.

I don't think it's the players fault...except Evans who shoots with 28 seconds left of the shotclock. I think they are told to jack up 3s. That's dan's style of play. But, maybe that's just because we only had Phil inside last season so his game plan changed.

RedbirdSoxFan

V Boy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Once again V Boy:
LOYOLA vs ILLINOIS STATE (3 games average)

KRUTWIG 10 pts 6.3 reb
TOWNES 7 pts 4.7 reb
CUSTER 7:7 pts 3.0 reb

FAYNE 11.7 pts 3.3 reb
YARBROUGH 11.3 pts 5:0 reb
EVANS 12.7 pts 3 reb
TINSLEY 10.3 pts 6.7 reb

STATS FOR RETURNING STARTERS:
LOYOLA 24.7 pts/game 14.0 reb/game
ILLINOIS STATE 46.0 pts/game 13.5 reb/game

ILLINOIS STATE—Four Returning starters average double figures.
LOYOLA—One returning starter averaged double figures.

V Boy

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
V Boy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

I don't think it's the players fault...except Evans who shoots with 28 seconds left of the shotclock. I think they are told to jack up 3s. That's dan's style of play. But, maybe that's just because we only had Phil inside last season so his game plan changed.

That plays right into Loyola's hands in my opinion. They'll let ISU take contested 3s all game. Muller needs to change his team's game to attack the rim against Loyola. By doing so they will force Loyola to foul more when defending; they will increase FG%; and dribble penetration will create many, many more open looks behind the arc than just running a motion offense or a 5 out where 4 guys are standing still on the perimeter.

If we have Evans, Copeland, Clarance, Jefferson and Yarbrough that should be enough horsepower to pressure Loyola for 40 mins. If those five guys are just jacking 3s or trying to play 1on1 all game, then it's going to get real old real fast watching Porter Moser outmaneuver Dan Muller.

Jsnhbe1Birds

RedbirdSoxFan said:
V Boy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Once again V Boy:

KRUTWIG 10 pts 6.3 reb
TOWNES 7 pts 4.7 reb

FAYNE 11.7 pts 3.3 reb
EVANS 12.7 pts 3 reb
TINSLEY 10.3 pts 6.7 reb

good stuff

Adunk33

Staff member
I think we see good battles between Rey and Krutwig. I don't think Krutwig will just be able to push his way under the basket against us this year. If we can play good enough D to make Krutwig play 5+ feet from the basket, he'll be a non factor. His defense is not good, either. Our team should be able to run circles around him.

The Valley is ours to lose next season. Not saying we'll run away with it, but we should win it by a few games. Need to go undefeated at home and with the road games we should (Valpo, Drake, Evansville, MO State). Hopefully we start conference play at Indiana State on this side of the new year so we don't have to see Cooper Neese (Xavier transfer) and Christian Williams (Iowa transfer) in Terre Haute.

Way too early conference record: 14-4 *

*Subject to change*

SgtHulka

RedbirdSoxFan said:
V Boy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Once again V Boy:

KRUTWIG 10 pts 6.3 reb
TOWNES 7 pts 4.7 reb

FAYNE 11.7 pts 3.3 reb
EVANS 12.7 pts 3 reb
TINSLEY 10.3 pts 6.7 reb

C'mon RSF. Facts are a terrible way to win an argument.

V Boy

RedbirdSoxFan said:
V Boy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Once again V Boy:

KRUTWIG 10 pts 6.3 reb
TOWNES 7 pts 4.7 reb

FAYNE 11.7 pts 3.3 reb
EVANS 12.7 pts 3 reb
TINSLEY 10.3 pts 6.7 reb

You’re right. If we get rid of Yarbrough’s 20 turnovers in those 3 games we probably have a chance.

Those guys don’t care how much they score either. That’s why Loyola was good. Any of their top 6 could get you.

Townes and Krutwig were different players at year’s end too. They will carry more of the load next year.

I’m definitely glad Ingram is gone.

Bird Friend

RedbirdSoxFan said:
V Boy said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Once again V Boy:

KRUTWIG 10 pts 6.3 reb
TOWNES 7 pts 4.7 reb

FAYNE 11.7 pts 3.3 reb
EVANS 12.7 pts 3 reb
TINSLEY 10.3 pts 6.7 reb

Yet . . . we lost 3 games to them. Why? They had more than three guys scoring.

Top Bottom