Brian Reese

leeno33

I know this has been discussed briefly in other threads, but I haven't seen a definitive answer and haven't seen an article about it. What happened to Reese? Obviously, he's no longer with the team as he's not on the coaches page, and they've hired a new assistant. I also saw that he has moved, but of course have no idea where. Was his contract not renewed? Did he step down? Anybody have any insights? It boggles my mind that no statement has been been made regarding this change. Makes me wonder if he's not leaving on the best terms.

leeno33

That's the reply I was looking for....Obviously I do or I wouldn't be asking. Although I'm surprised you only thing they should have been gone after this past season.

Bdub777

Just to be unconventional, I will give a reply that will stick to the topic of the thread, yet be unsatisfying: I don’t know.

Bird Friend

That's the reply I was looking for....Obviously I do or I wouldn't be asking. Although I'm surprised you only thing they should have been gone after this past season.
I had hoped the folks on this board would have refrained from spouting off childish responses to your question. I should have known better. :rolleyes:

topiarydan

I am assuming he is breathing, eating, reading, going to the bathroom, talking to people, sleeping and on to a better path than what is the trainwreck our program has become

ricohill

I hope he left on his own.

I don’t know how you can sit in an office with Dan Muller and take it seriously if he is the person firing you.

Bird Friend

I hope he left on his own.

I don’t know how you can sit in an office with Dan Muller and take it seriously if he is the person firing you.
Oh, I don't know about that . . . considering Muller's assistant coaches have pretty much moved up after being with him . . .

Ford --> HC TSU, HC MSU
Ward --> interviewing for HC job right before plane crash
Ballard --> Asst at Pitt, Asst at VCU (2nd stint), HC FIU
Yaklich --> Asst at Mich, Asst at Texas, HC UIC
Collins --> HC TSU
Oliver --> Asst at Wisconsin

Being Fired by Muller could be a serious blow to a career . . . Interestingly, Reese's Twitter profile still says he an AC at ISU.

That said . . . would still like to know what happened with Reese.

jamminjamarsmiley

Oh, I don't know about that . . . considering Muller's assistant coaches have pretty much moved up after being with him . . .

Ford --> HC TSU, HC MSU
Ward --> interviewing for HC job right before plane crash
Ballard --> Asst at Pitt, Asst at VCU (2nd stint), HC FIU
Yaklich --> Asst at Mich, Asst at Texas, HC UIC
Collins --> HC TSU
Oliver --> Asst at Wisconsin

Being Fired by Muller could be a serious blow to a career . . . Interestingly, Reese's Twitter profile still says he an AC at ISU.

That said . . . would still like to know what happened with Reese.
Reese has a national title ring.

Dan has a huge ego and likely compensated for his jealousy of Reese’s playing career by giving Reese no respect. Likely always shot down his ideas or different ways of doing things. Probably also didn’t like Jones and Belcher coming in and being given what seems like more responsibilities on the coaching staff when he had been there longer.

A guy who played for Dean Smith at the highest level of college b-ball probably realized he hit rock bottom when he was sitting on the sidelines watching Muller guide the team to finish last place in the MVC. I bet Reese is much happier now being freed from basketball hell.

Bird Friend

Reese has a national title ring.

Dan has a huge ego and likely compensated for his jealousy of Reese’s playing career by giving Reese no respect. Likely always shot down his ideas or different ways of doing things. Probably also didn’t like Jones and Belcher coming in and being given what seems like more responsibilities on the coaching staff when he had been there longer.

A guy who played for Dean Smith at the highest level of college b-ball probably realized he hit rock bottom when he was sitting on the sidelines watching Muller guide the team to finish last place in the MVC. I bet Reese is much happier now being freed from basketball hell.
Got any proof to back up your comment about "no respect"?

Birdfriend72

Pretty sure it was a put down of the language used, continuing the childish responses.
You guys sit here and take your sides while our program is nothing more than hot garbage. One side (which I’m on from time to time flame muller) the other side make excuses for him. It would make sense if both sides could come to some agreement and come together and try and get Dan out of here so our program could move on. Until then this is what we are stuck with. Pretty sad!

MadBird

You guys sit here and take your sides while our program is nothing more than hot garbage. One side (which I’m on from time to time flame muller) the other side make excuses for him. It would make sense if both sides could come to some agreement and come together and try and get Dan out of here so our program could move on. Until then this is what we are stuck with. Pretty sad!
I call BS. Very few posters "make excuses for him". A few (more than a few??) make excuses for why the administration won't or can't can him, but what "the other side" bitches about mostly is every damn thread getting turned into "Fire Muller", and "Thanks Larry", and "Pathetic Recruits", etc. etc.

Top Bottom