Blue Demons looking for new coach

MadBird

Merciful. I really don't know squat about Mr. Stubblefield, but it never really happened for him. I have watched DePaul from time to time, just for old time's sake, and they have really been bad over his tenure. He's a hard working dude, up and down the sidelines, hollering and pointing and so forth, but nothing translated. I can't imagine what the problem is there, nice arena, nice school, nice conference, you would think at least potentially a very viable NIL set up, good alumni network and all. But been so cold there for so long . . . . .

Paris Parham has been an assistant. I always thought he'd climb higher.

Birgs

Merciful. I really don't know squat about Mr. Stubblefield, but it never really happened for him. I have watched DePaul from time to time, just for old time's sake, and they have really been bad over his tenure. He's a hard working dude, up and down the sidelines, hollering and pointing and so forth, but nothing translated. I can't imagine what the problem is there, nice arena, nice school, nice conference, you would think at least potentially a very viable NIL set up, good alumni network and all. But been so cold there for so long . . . . .

Boy, that one Pat Kennedy class sure was fun to watch, though.

Manchester Matt

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member

Money Bank GIF by Casanova Records

BTbird

Depaul just seems like a tough school to win at. Tough conference and stadium isn't easily accessible for students. It hasn't been the same since they had the WGN advantage.

ChiRedbirdfan

Depaul just seems like a tough school to win at. Tough conference and stadium isn't easily accessible for students. It hasn't been the same since they had the WGN advantage.
for depaul playing at that stadium a bit like a neutral site game

MadBird

for depaul playing at that stadium a bit like a neutral site game
Quite a few of those Big East arenas aren't really "on campus". Why DePaul threw in on a place so far from campus, I'm not sure I get. Somebody else's money involved, for sure. But geez, you're expecting a lot from students to haul across town for a game. Ride the el I guess, but still.

Rollbirds5

Quite a few of those Big East arenas aren't really "on campus". Why DePaul threw in on a place so far from campus, I'm not sure I get. Somebody else's money involved, for sure. But geez, you're expecting a lot from students to haul across town for a game. Ride the el I guess, but still.
and by the time the game is over you wouldn't want to be on el back to campus, real sketchy nowadays

MadBird

Spose there's a few other DePaul alums out there in the coaching biz, but my first thought was put old Tommy Kleinschmidt out there, try to rally the troops. I know he's only been a HS coach (at former Gordon Tech now called DePaul Prep), but if there ever was a time to do it, this is the time. Try to dig up some of those Chicago area HS guys, like the old days. Maybe there's no turning back, that's all in the past.

ChiRedbirdfan

take the redline from fullerton to chinatown and still a bit of a hike...in january / february thats rough...and as Roll stated the el post covid has been nasty/risky due to too many homeless loitering around

Buffett1

Spose there's a few other DePaul alums out there in the coaching biz, but my first thought was put old Tommy Kleinschmidt out there, try to rally the troops. I know he's only been a HS coach (at former Gordon Tech now called DePaul Prep), but if there ever was a time to do it, this is the time. Try to dig up some of those Chicago area HS guys, like the old days. Maybe there's no turning back, that's all in the past.
He was Dir. Of Basketball Operations at DePaul for one year.

Top Bottom