at Southern Illinois, 3/2, 1:00 PM, CBSSN

ISU86

Essentially one way to avoid play-in Thursday: beat the Salukis.

Senior Day, and potentially Barry Hinson's last hurrah, in Carbondale.

SIU has four players averaging double figures in Armon Fletcher, Sean Lloyd Jr, Kaveon Pippen, and Aaron Cook.

Not an ideal storyline.

Birds 62
Dawgs 67

NOTE: the only loss scenario where we are not eliminated via head-to-head results would be a combination of a Bradley win and a Northern Iowa loss; however, in that instance the tiebreaker would come down to NCAA NET Ranking (where we currently trail the Panthers by thirty positions - unlikely to make that up).

Birdswin

Thanks for the info - just means we have to limit turnovers and NO quick 3s, no 3s off the dribble or shooting just to be shooting because you are open the first 5 seconds after crossing the time line. Fayne or Yarbrough need to touch the ball on almost every possession.

redbirdron1

You're spot on Birdswin - that's the formula.
In addition, I'd add Phil must stay on the floor and min. fouls.

Birdswin

Birdman07 - I disagree with your assessment of a "bad" team. Yes, the Birds have not met expectations this year, and are at times frustrating. However, the results of an overall record of 16-14, 9-8 - are not in the "bad" category. They are more of average or mediocre. I would say an overall record of 10-20, 5-12 - that would definitely be bad.

With a few breaks the other way - the Birds could easily be at least 21-9, 13-4 - then that would be in the better than Satisfactory and close to Good category - but, it isn't. It also is not in the Bad category.

chuckie1980

If REGGIE cannot beat THIS.....

https://siusalukis.com/galleries/?gallery=3336

REDBIRDS 75
DogHippies 60

Birdman07

Birdswin said:
Birdman07 - I disagree with your assessment of a "bad" team. Yes, the Birds have not met expectations this year, and are at times frustrating. However, the results of an overall record of 16-14, 9-8 - are not in the "bad" category. They are more of average or mediocre. I would say an overall record of 10-20, 5-12 - that would definitely be bad.

With a few breaks the other way - the Birds could easily be at least 21-9, 13-4 - then that would be in the better than Satisfactory and close to Good category - but, it isn't. It also is not in the Bad category.

A few breaks the OTHER way and they're at 13 total wins, too. What if game.

CaliRdBrd

Birdswin said:

9-8 in this years’ watered-down Valley is akin to 1-16 in most Valley seasons.

Tpguy

OT: I'd like to thank Gobirds85, Cpacmel and a few other birdfans in my area for inviting me to BBW in Geneva on Randall Rd. tomorrow to watch the ISU-SIU game. You guys are great. Anybody else nearby meet us between 12-1.

TIMMY

Tpguy said:
OT: I'd like to thank Gobirds85, Cpacmel and a few other birdfans in my area for inviting me to BBW in Geneva on Randall Rd. tomorrow to watch the ISU-SIU game. You guys are great. Anybody else nearby meet us between 12-1.
That's great. You guys stay out of trouble. :p Go State!

DoubleDeuce

I heard SIU has a new logo.

redneck.jpg

RedbirdSoxFan

This is a game between two very good Missouri Valley teams that had bad stretches during the conference schedule where they went on long losing streaks (5 games by Illinois State & 4 games by Southern Illinois). Throw in two half-court buzzer beater losses by Illinois State and that is what got these two teams playing for a Thursday game. I am going to go out on the limb and say that the winner of this game will be playing a week from Sunday. I will also go further out on the limb and say that the loser of this game will be playing a week from Saturday.

Birdman07

chuckie1980 said:
If REGGIE cannot beat THIS.....

https://siusalukis.com/galleries/?gallery=3336

REDBIRDS 75
DogHippies 60

I actually like the logo. it will look good D2 :lol:

Birdman07

You never know, maybe after faltering at the start to such a bad extent they just gave up on the season. Maybe this is where they actually start playing 100% both ways.

Baltimore Bird

Both teams with lots to play for and SIU is at home with a bunch of seniors. I don't like this matchup. However, often after shooting the lights out and scoring 98 points the other shoe drops. Still home team wins....Dogs 63, Birds 59

Birdman07

yeah, its pretty much put up or shut up time for the birds. If they win they could do it in STL and if they don't its highly unlikely they'll even make it to Saturday.

Tpguy

Tpguy said:

Dbird, let me know if you'd like to join us.

gobirds85

Tpguy said:
Tpguy said:

Dbird, let me know if you'd like to join us.

The address is 630 Commons Dr., Geneva. We have at least 4 Redbirds lined up for this event. We will be wearing orange and blue. You won't be able to miss us.

Birdswin

Good for gobirds85 and TP!!! That is the spirit!!!!! My wife and I will be traveling to a trivia tournament tomorrow night for a high school baseball team my nephew coaches - BUT - we will be at the Jacksonville BWW cheering on the Birds - for the ISU alums and fans in West Central Illinois - feel free to join in.

About time for the "Worm to Turn" - Birds play with intensity and offensive patience like the game in Des Moines - will pull away in the second half for a 10 point Win!!!!

Top Bottom