at Evansville - 01/07/2023 - 1:00 PM - ESPN+

ISU86

A match-up of coaches (Ryan Pedon, David Ragland) who are in their first year at their school, and the Purple Aces are going retro this weekend and donning the sleeves.

Evansville is led in scoring by Kenny Strawbridge (16.1) and Yacine Toume (10.7). They shoot under 30% from three-point land, but are solid on the offensive glass (not so much on the defensive side). Their assist to turnover ratio is not good.

The Aces are 4-12 overall, 0-5 in conference. The teams have four common opponents and have both lost to all of them (Ball State, Indiana State, Murray State, Northern Iowa). UE's best victory is over Robert Morris (236). They draw better than we do, with their worst crowd being 3,756 (Southeast Missouri State).

If this game was at the friendly confines of CEFCU Arena, I would feel pretty good about righting the ship; at the Ford Center, it seems like more of a toss-up.

Aces 68, 'birds 67

Dmills

Kenny Strawbridge went to Rockford Lutheran. High school of James Robinson.

cpacmel

Illinois State -1

Over / under 131.5

Think we are up against it......Aces busting out the sleeves👕 for this one 😱

ISU86

I would be tempted to start Miller/Stadelman/Andrews/Schmitt/Johnson, just as an attention grabber. Sub them all out at the first dead ball. Couldn't hurt.

Bird Friend

I would be tempted to start Miller/Stadelman/Andrews/Schmitt/Johnson, just as an attention grabber. Sub them all out at the first dead ball. Couldn't hurt.
We probably wouldn't be down any more than usual . . .

P

Popsto4

Yes it could hurt. Chances are some will really get down on themselves because of it. We have to remember these are young people. I understand your point but the mental side of it is just as hard on them than performance.

Phantom

I mean, we should be able to beat UE. This could be a get-right game, or at least a W no matter how it happens. Then again, so was UNI.

SlackBooDom

Aces are bad offensively. The one thing they do well relative to the rest of their game is limit turnovers. That’s killed us. If ‘Birds are even or positive in TO margin it should be an easy win. 77-61 Redbirds.

Buffett1

Aces lower bowl is sold out. $5.00 upperbowl tickets
copied from Aces board below..
NotesIllinois State's lone conference win is over Belmont 87-77 at home.

For reference, we lost at UNI 55-72; lost at Ball State 69-88; lost at Indiana State 63-91; lost at home to Murray State 61-78.

gobirds85

We simply need to win this game. Just win baby!! Drive. Drive. Drive.

Bird Friend

Yes it could hurt. Chances are some will really get down on themselves because of it. We have to remember these are young people. I understand your point but the mental side of it is just as hard on them than performance.
While I was being sarcastic in my response to 86, your response does beg the question: how would you address the problem of a group of guys who just don’t seem motivated to start games with the right attitude?

Redbird222

0 points 4 turnovers at the first time out. The team looks tentative like they are trying Not to make misstakes versus playing with confidence.

Matt Hein Fan

At first media TO this looks exactly like what you would expect between these two teams. Ugly.

Top Bottom