Antonio

Hamdonger

First, forgive my rambling. Next, take this link with a grain of salt. I don't know about classes - I haven't asked. Don't even really care. I cannot imagine a better NIL setup, profit-wise top to bottom, than Kentucky basketball. Totally my opinion, but so many kids today simply do not not realize how good they h$ve it. He left ISU to maximize that opportunity. Reeves is a good player, but not a marquee player at that level. JMO. Where is Reeves going to go where he will be THE star?? Nowhere but down a notch.

Yet I'm curious (and this doesn't apply just to Antonio)...if he were absolutely determined and completely set on becoming the very best basketball player (and geez, even person) he can be...better than he's ever been in every area of the game...and set up a better future for himself...where is the opportunity better than Kentucky? Hate him/despise him/ridicule him you may, but Calipari does have a wee bit of a track record in sending kids to the next level.

Redbird60451

He can do a graduate transfer if he graduates. If there's any truth to that article, maybe some classes didn't transfer properly and he can't graduate over the summer from Kentucky. BUT, maybe he can finish up his degree quicker with ISU and the classes that transfer back from Kentucky? I haven't done any research into any of this, but does it say you have to graduate from the last college you attended, or just say you received a degree? The rules are all gray, and maybe there's truth to the article about him taking classes at ISU, and maybe he has to take it on his own dime because he's walking away??? So wouldn't in-state tuition be cheaper? Maybe he's playing the game better than any of us realize.

Metamoron

Not to be a conspiracist, but maybe he thought if he took the classes at Lexington, something would “miraculously” happen so that he didn’t get his degree (flunk a class, hang up with a grade, etc) and then couldn’t grad transfer. Not sure UK has many players graduate and certainly not to be able to grad transfer so who knows what wrinkle they could come up with.

TBS_20

The Kentucky forum is losing their minds over this, Calipari, and losing out on a recruit. 75% still want him.

TBS_20

Illinois has been rumored I guess is what I read on the Kentucky forum. He.wants to be a starter wherever he goes.

REALBird

KY Insider suggests that he has to graduate in order to transfer again. Most schools require you to complete 30 of your last 60 hours for residence requirements. Not sure if AR thinks it’s easier to get his degree from ISU to be considered a Graduate by August, and then move on to one of the many schools rumored to have contacted him through back channels (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Memphis or Oklahoma). Other reports suggest UNC might be interested.

Reggie Redbird

So does he now pay out of state tuition 🤔
I doubt it. He’d be on an out-of-state scholarship there and use his parents’ address here.

However, he should be paying for his classes here. He chose to leave; the university is under no obligation to cover these classes for free. He’s back here now to get a degree that allows him to seek more money somewhere else.

TBS_20

KY Insider suggests that he has to graduate in order to transfer again. Most schools require you to complete 30 of your last 60 hours for residence requirements. Not sure if AR thinks it’s easier to get his degree from ISU to be considered a Graduate by August, and then move on to one of the many schools rumored to have contacted him through back channels (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Memphis or Oklahoma). Other reports suggest UNC might be interested.
Hit is easier to graduate at ISU because he has more credits here. Not all transfered

Redbird60451

I hope he gets it. Then Alumni Association can then hit him up for donations because he's a true Alumni of the university with a degree and everything to prove it. And glad he's getting his degree in general, yes it's so he can move on to another university, but in general anytime someone graduates from College it's a big deal. Next year when he's playing at (insert desperate P5 school here), they will talk about how he finished his degree at 'The Illinois State University'. He went to Kentucky for a year, but got his degree here and he will be tied back our school to for what ever he does after that, and when he's talking to kids back home, he will say he got his degree. He never seemed to be a jack ass ego maniac either and was always decently spoken. Good for him, good for our University, and he's playing within all the rules as they are set currently.

Adunk33

Staff member
I hope he gets it. Then Alumni Association can then hit him up for donations because he's a true Alumni of the university with a degree and everything to prove it. And glad he's getting his degree in general, yes it's so he can move on to another university, but in general anytime someone graduates from College it's a big deal. Next year when he's playing at (insert desperate P5 school here), they will talk about how he finished his degree at 'The Illinois State University'. He went to Kentucky for a year, but got his degree here and he will be tied back our school to for what ever he does after that, and when he's talking to kids back home, he will say he got his degree. He never seemed to be a jack ass ego maniac either and was always decently spoken. Good for him, good for our University, and he's playing within all the rules as they are set currently.
I'd be willing to bet on those broadcasts he is more likely to be "Kentucky transfer, Antonio Reeves" more than "Illinois State graduate transfer..."

Hamdonger

He never seemed to be a jack ass ego maniac either and was always decently spoken.
I would absolutely concur. Makes me curious....who's in his ear pushing him to transfer (or whatever it's called today)??

DBird

Is it an online class or in Normal attending class! He surely needs to be working out can he do that here?

Top Bottom