$6.2 million Redbird Arena project

vbird

http://www.wglt.org/post/isu-athletic-facility-improvements-head-trustees#stream/0

bb fan

The lower bowl deck is falling apart, and is not ADA compatible. It's gotta be done, and will be terrific when it's finished.

Reggie Redbird

It will be interesting to see:

1.) Will the "box seating" they mention be like the club at football games?

2.) How will they seat the lower bowl after the renovations? I'm guessing it will become like FB where they go down the donor list. There could be some very unhappy people, but I'm sure, like FB, everyone will have an opportunity to donate more before a certain date to increase their priority points.

3.) What the capacity drops to? I'm going to guess in the 9,600-9,800 range. Considering we rarely get close to 9,000, that's not a bad thing if we're able to create additional revenue off box seats, another suite, etc.

4.) Will a business/group be able to rent the new suite for an entire season or will it be per game?

Jsnhbe1Birds

less than that considering the band which plays nothing else besides heeeeeeeey baby I want to knooooooow if youll be my girl (trash band) takes up a good chunk of seats.

Hamdonger

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
less than that considering the band which plays nothing else besides heeeeeeeey baby I want to knooooooow if youll be my girl (trash band) takes up a good chunk of seats.

Yeah. We shouldn't have a student band. GREAT idea. I also like your name for the band. Trash band. Yeah. Great idea. Yeah. Yeah.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Wow, you are brave for posting that here.

I know you aren't in the band or haven't been in the band, but Hey Baby is a traditional song for BRMM. They have been playing it since forever and it's something that alumni and current members can play when they come together.

Maybe we should stop playing the same song every time we win a game. Come up with a new fight song every year. I mean that's the same thing right? We don't do that because of tradition. Same idea, different song.

Hamdonger

I also like how you brought it up in the isu AT loyola game. Who knew we had a traveling band! Do we rock or WHAT?!!! In the 9800(ummm ok!) seat Loyola arena.

Alright brother, done busting your chops. Have a great day man.

isuphloyd

Bird Friend said:
crazzymark said:
need an indoor practice facility more!!!!!!!!

Why is our basketball team practicing outdoors?

Explains poor free throw shooting over the years. All the time compensating for the wind during practice.

As for the band, bring back the Flaming Tubas! (or are they back, unfortunately due to my basketball/daughters softball and bowling schedules I do not make it back enough.)

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
isuphloyd said:
Bird Friend said:
crazzymark said:

Explains poor free throw shooting over the years. All the time compensating for the wind during practice.

As for the band, bring back the Flaming Tubas! (or are they back, unfortunately due to my basketball/daughters softball and bowling schedules I do not make it back enough.)
Good to see you Phloyd! They won't come back for basketball. I'm not sure if they have for football. They do break them out for the big high school marching band competition at ISU (this weekend!)

Jsnhbe1Birds

isuquinndog said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

I know you aren't in the band or haven't been in the band, but Hey Baby is a traditional song for BRMM. They have been playing it since forever and it's something that alumni and current members can play when they come together.

Maybe we should stop playing the same song every time we win a game. Come up with a new fight song every year. I mean that's the same thing right? We don't do that because of tradition. Same idea, different song.

Maybe the band should not be soooooooooo dated. Bring it up to speed. Try different things. Its the same 10 songs every game for 15 years

Jsnhbe1Birds

Just seems lazy at this point. I'm not sure of the leader or the situation but it reminds me of like a 70 year old who isn't up on new ways and just says eff it I'm retiring soon anyway

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
isuquinndog said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

Maybe the band should not be soooooooooo dated. Bring it up to speed. Try different things. Its the same 10 songs every game for 15 years
Fair argument. So a couple of things:

They are playing more recent music it seems, but they are going to have standards that they know how to play, cold, at the drop of a hat. Like Hey Baby, Horse, Come on my Wayward Son, songs by Chicago. They just are. Because.....they only meet for one hour a week to practice as a group. Basketball band used to be non-credit. I'm not sure if it still is. So they get no grade, credit hour or anything to be in it. They get to go to games for free. That's it. At least BRMM is for credit hours.

They have a new director this year of the BRMM and pep band so maybe he will try some things.

Jsnhbe1Birds

I was not aware I was posting about the band in 2 different threads. Sorry. And, I shouldnt call the kids trash that's not nice. its not their fault anyway. they play what they play well. my issue is with what they play and the length of time they have been playing the same thing

SgtHulka

isuphloyd said:
Bird Friend said:
crazzymark said:

The Flaming DA's might be more appropriate.

Hamdonger

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
I was not aware I was posting about the band in 2 different threads. Sorry. And, I shouldnt call the kids trash that's not nice. its not their fault anyway. they play what they play well. my issue is with what they play and the length of time they have been playing the same thing

Fair enough.

Top Bottom