24 Hrs Later

Redbirdwarrior

Well, I let it breathe for 24 hours and took a step back.

1- I'm incredibly proud of this team. Overacheived to, I'd say, 6 more wins than they probably should have been expected to have given the injuries and the loss of FIVE starter level players.

2- I am incredibly disappionted in our fan base. From the lack of asses in seats to the jagoffs dotting our StL group. We need to do better as fans.

3- I'm done with the Matt Hein experiment. Im sorry. He looks like a solid D2 player, but you cant have him on scholarship next year if a guy like Bruninga has to sit. You are deep enough to hide him in victory cigar minutes next season, a RS Junior cant burn a scholly in that role.

4- Muller and his staff need to spend all off season preeching Free Throws and ball security
Enough of this 40 foot pass garbage. Move, get open and swing the ball. There is nothing more infuriating that watching a team throw 4 or 5 balls into the stands every night.

5- This team was short 2 things this season: a true 2 guard scorer and a muscle to the rim big. Well, we can have both with Copeland (or Chastain) and Rey. I expect nothing less than a 24 win season and a 1 seed at Arch Madness next season. Next year is the year for me. A valley championship and a trip to the NCAA gets me on board with signing coach for life, but if we can't do it next season, I cant, for the life of me, figure out when that will be with Milik, Key and Fayne gone.

Be proud of this team. When you look at everything they overcame, the results were high level.

Hamdonger

Redbirdwarrior said:
Well, I let it breathe for 24 hours and took a step back.

1- I'm incredibly proud of this team. Overacheived to, I'd say, 6 more wins than they probably should have been expected to have given the injuries and the loss of FIVE starter level players.

SIX. 4 starters from last year and Copeland & Romine.
Think about that.

V Boy

Chastain is not a 2 guard. When last I saw him, he was a moderately more athletic version of Gassman.

bb fan

Some fair comments. You were probably referring to the regular season, but I thought our crowd size in St. Louis was excellent.

SgtHulka

V Boy said:
Chastain is not a 2 guard. When last I saw him, he was a moderately more athletic version of Gassman.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxaB0SsQAo

Redbirdwarrior

I think you very much underestimate Matt Chastain. You don't get rated 3 stars on rivals unless you can move, create a shot and, more times than not, fly.

We don't get a BUNCH of 3 star players at ISU. OE was 3 stars...

Bird Friend

SgtHulka said:
V Boy said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxaB0SsQAo

I saw Gassman do that during warm ups one game.

Bird Friend

Redbirdwarrior said:
I think you very much underestimate Matt Chastain. You don't get rated 3 stars on rivals unless you can move, create a shot and, more times than not, fly.

So was Kaza Keane . . .

DWRedbird

Bird Friend said:
Redbirdwarrior said:

So was Kaza Keane . . .

To be fair to Kaza he did go on to be MVP of his Canadian leagues championship tournament and athlete of the year at his school. He's also currently playing well for the Raptors in the G league....

Hamdonger

Matt seems to be all-in regarding being a Redbird. Loved his engagement from the bench. Sounds cheesy, but I do. That little vid was impressive. Hard to get impressed from video.

My only big question mark is he played for Leroy. It's akin to Bruninga's circumstances. Such a leap in competition. I hope he takes my question mark and shoves it right up my ...

That'd be fine with me.

Reggie

DWRedbird said:
Bird Friend said:
Redbirdwarrior said:

So was Kaza Keane . . .

To be fair to Kaza he did go on to be MVP of his Canadian leagues championship tournament and athlete of the year at his school. He's also currently playing well for the Raptors in the G league....

There are several former birds in the pros currently that are "not good enough to play D1." The football side of this board is much better, more knowledgeable about the game.

Bird Friend

Humdinger said:
Matt seems to be all-in regarding being a Redbird. Loved his engagement from the bench. Sounds cheesy, but I do. That little vid was impressive. Hard to get impressed from video.

My only big question mark is he played for Leroy. It's akin to Bruninga's circumstances. Such a leap in competition. I hope he takes my question mark and shoves it right up my ...

That'd be fine with me.

I remember this guy from Spring Valley . . . from Illiopolis . . . from Benton, IL . . .

Bird Friend

Reggie said:
DWRedbird said:
Bird Friend said:
So was Kaza Keane . . .

There are several former birds in the pros currently that are "not good enough to play D1." The football side of this board is much better, more knowledgeable about the game.

Yet this board was pretty emphatic that Kaza wasn't good enough to play at ISU. And why should we be fair to him now when we weren't when he was here? Kaza was Dan't replacement for Nic Moore, so our expectations were set pretty high when we saw 3-stars.

Besides, there have been a lot of 3+ star players who never amounted to much. Scouting services like Rivals see a kid when a soph or frosh in high school once (maybe), like what they see (or hear), and give a kid 3-stars. And let those 3-stars sit there regardless of whether the kid develops any more over the next couple years.

TIMMY

Humdinger said:

That'd be fine with me.

I would hope in his 3rd year in college LeRoy is in his rear view mirror. My question is can he handle the ball, pass the ball and not take stupid shots?.

Bird Friend

TIMMY said:
Humdinger said:

That'd be fine with me.

I would hope in his 3rd year in college LeRoy is in his rear view mirror. My question is can he handle the ball, pass the ball and not take stupid shots?.

Sead Odzic never took stupid shots . . . or any shots for that matter . . . yet he came to us as a zone buster.

TIMMY

DoubleDeuce said:
Redbirdwarrior said:
Size in STL was excellent, but there were quite a few jagoffs.

Jagoff how? Aside from those singled out in another thread?

One jagoff, if he's really good at it, can make a big group of not jagoffs look real bad.

Baltimore Bird

I am from out of town and most years only see the Birds in STL. I did not see any jagoffs at all and I thought we had a great turnout and a lively crowd. I was proud of ISU and its fans. I also can say I sat in multiple sections and seats.

Top Bottom