2017-18 Non-Con

Source

Not officially out yet but here is what we know:

At FGCU on 11/11
At Puerto Rico 11/16 - 11/19 (Boise State, Appalachian State, UTEP, Iowa State, Tulsa, Western Michigan, South Carolina)
At BYU on 12/6
At Ole Miss on 12/16
At Nevada on 12/29

At Home:
Tulsa 12/2
Murray State
UIC

Something interesting is for the second year in a row we have the opportunity to play Tulsa twice. Tulsa and ISU have been playing each other a lot lately and if you look at our recruits offers you'll see we have offered a lot of the same kids. Will be fun to watch Elijah Clarance vs Eljiah Joiner at Redbird Arena this year.

MPE773

Source said:

At FGCU on 11/11
At Puerto Rico 11/16 - 11/19 (Boise State, Appalachian State, UTEP, Iowa State, Tulsa, Western Michigan, South Carolina)
At BYU on 12/6
At Ole Miss on 12/16
At Nevada on 12/29

At Home:
Tulsa
Murray State
UIC

Something interesting is for the second year in a row we have the opportunity to play Tulsa twice. Tulsa and ISU have been playing each other a lot lately and if you look at our recruits offers you'll see we have offered a lot of the same kids. Will be fun to watch Elijah Clarance vs Eljiah Joiner at Redbird Arena this year.

I think we got the better Elijah!

CaliRdBrd

Source said:

At FGCU on 11/11
At BYU on 12/6
At Ole Miss on 12/16
At Nevada on 12/29

At Home:
Tulsa
Murray State
UIC

Meh.

Retire 12

you'd better be careful with that meh... some quality teams on this list once we leave the friendly confines...

Bird Friend

Source said:

At FGCU on 11/11
At BYU on 12/6
At Ole Miss on 12/16
At Nevada on 12/29

At Home:
Tulsa
Murray State
UIC

I believe the Tulsa game is 12/2.

Phantom

Looks a little less sexy with Florida State out of the PR tourney, but still shaping up to be solid (and much better than last year's.) Now we just need to not have any bad losses AND hopefully grab a big win or two. We'll have our chances. Curious to see who the remaining game(s) are.

CaliRdBrd

Retire 12 said:
you'd better be careful with that meh... some quality teams on this list once we leave the friendly confines...

Not saying the games won't be tough, just saying it lacks some marquee names. In other words, none of these games scream "road trip" to me.

Bird Friend

Bird Friend said:
Source said:

At FGCU on 11/11
At BYU on 12/6
At Ole Miss on 12/16
At Nevada on 12/29

At Home:
Tulsa
Murray State
UIC

I believe the Tulsa game is 12/2.
https://twitter.com/kencpa32/status/888188475203354624

PubIIDreaming

CaliRdBrd said:
Source said:

At FGCU on 11/11
At BYU on 12/6
At Ole Miss on 12/16
At Nevada on 12/29

At Home:
Tulsa
Murray State
UIC

Meh.

Nice road schedule, but home is "meh" foe sure. Murray St., UIC and Tulsa? Not much to get excited about there.

DWRedbird

PubIIDreaming said:
CaliRdBrd said:
Source said:

At FGCU on 11/11
At BYU on 12/6
At Ole Miss on 12/16
At Nevada on 12/29

At Home:
Tulsa
Murray State
UIC

Meh.

Nice road schedule, but home is "meh" foe sure. Murray St., UIC and Tulsa? Not much to get excited about there.

I think they are better than previous opponents, especially Murrray and Tulsa, but I'm hoping there is one more good team coming to redbird next year.

ISU86

QUARTERFINAL
Appalachian State vs. Iowa State
Tulsa vs. Western Michigan
Boise State vs. Texas-El Paso
Illinois State vs. South Carolina

CONSOLATION SEMIFINAL
Appalachian State/Iowa State vs. Tulsa/Western Michigan losers meet
Boise State/Texas-El Paso vs. Illinois State/South Carolina losers meet

SEMIFINAL
Appalachian State/Iowa State vs. Tulsa/Western Michigan winners meet
Boise State/Texas-El Paso vs. Illinois State/South Carolina winners meet

FINAL
Consolation Semifinal losers meet
Consolation Semifinal winners meet
Semifinal losers meet
Semifinal winners meet

V Boy

I hope ISU realizes that in order to have any chance at an at-large bid we will need to win this Tournament.

Historically we have been a slow-starting team. Can't happen. Need new guys to step up immediately and be ready to take down a school that made the Final Four last year.

cubird

They were damn good last year. Older guys that get in your face and beat u up. Take after their coach Bad Ass Frank Martin.

ISU FAN 1

cubird said:
They were damn good last year. Older guys that get in your face and beat u up. Take after their coach Bad Ass Frank Martin.

Sounds like ISU .... other than the Bad Ass coach part. Frank Martin is just scarier than Dan Muller.

reggieman

11/05/17 Lewis University (Exhibition)
http://www.lewisflyers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Source

That likely means we'll have another Ferris State like home game.

ISU_DirtyBird

Was Iowa State always in the field of teams? I didn't recall seeing them in there the last time I looked. I just remember hearing about FSU dropping out.

cubird

Will there be a closed preseason scrimmage with another team this year?

Top Bottom