Xavier

RedbirdSoxFan

Xavier’s game Saturday vs Villanova has been postponed! Could Dan get a game in Cincinnati Saturday?

CaliRdBrd

Dan is too stubborn. The right call is to play P5 programs anywhere at anytime, but he’ll demand a home and home....so, aside from the occasional bone thrown our way, we’ll be stuck playing fellow low- to mid-majors for the rest of his tenure.

RedbirdSoxFan

Why? We'll lose by 50
Because I am a Redbird fan, and I love watching Redbird basketball (win or lose). 1996 I drove five hours to watch a game start @ midnight. The weather was bitter, the Bearcats were ranked #5 in the country, and the Redbirds were going to get their asses kicked. So why did I go? Because i’m A Redbird fan. Oh yeah, the Redbirds lost that game by 34. Guess you would say they should have never scheduled that game, and I would say you were wrong!

ricohill

Not going to happen. Dan said on the radio after the game he is only willing to play a home game.

Seven

Because I am a Redbird fan, and I love watching Redbird basketball (win or lose). 1996 I drove five hours to watch a game start @ midnight. The weather was bitter, the Bearcats were ranked #5 in the country, and the Redbirds were going to get their asses kicked. So why did I go? Because i’m A Redbird fan. Oh yeah, the Redbirds lost that game by 34. Guess you would say they should have never scheduled that game, and I would say you were wrong!
I miss when you could go to games at oddball times, like the 24-hour tipoff ESPN used to do. Closest was the 9pm game vs Loyola a couple years back.

stats

I am all for a game, but if I were coach I would have a list a mile long on what needs to be accomplished in upcoming practices. There are times when teams need games more than practices, but I think ISU needs to take advantage of the practice time at this point.

DoubleDeuce

I am all for a game, but if I were coach I would have a list a mile long on what needs to be accomplished in upcoming practices. There are times when teams need games more than practices, but I think ISU needs to take advantage of the practice time at this point.
I think a game next weekend would be nice. A two-week layoff from gameplay probably is not advantageous.

CaliRdBrd

You love the Washington Generals, too. Don’t you:)

Adunk33

Staff member
I 100% think Muller should be making a call to get ANY game this weekend regardless of where.

However, I do understand his desire to want a home game. They haven’t played much at home this year. Travel can be tough.. and all the other stuff.

However, we talked tons about the inexperience of the team. What better way to learn what it takes to become a good team than going and playing the best possible competition. Certainly, some will say confidence will become an issue and that is a concern with a young team. The team could use the extra practice but there’s no better way to get experience than playing games.

Hopefully, the Birds get a game this weekend. They need it.

stats

I think a game next weekend would be nice. A two-week layoff from gameplay probably is not advantageous.
I was thinking a week straight of practice is needed. Thanks for reminding me that it actually would be a 2 week lay-off, if we don't reschedule. I forgot teams will now have a week straight to practice on a weekly basis this year.

DoubleDeuce

I wonder when valpo will be clear to play again. Maybe they can make up these two games mid next week.

ricohill

I wonder when valpo will be clear to play again. Maybe they can make up these two games mid next week.
According to Jon Rothstein, Valpo starts back up on January 4th.

The MVC has two bye weeks built in for makeup games.

CaliRdBrd

I believe that message resulted in a game with Mississippi which the Redbirds won.
I think Dan needs to retweet his crybaby message to p5 schools and beg for a game. Would be nice to play Ohio State again
That tweet was nice, but he’d get more responses if he did away with the “home and home” crap.
Play anyone, anywhere, at any time...without the expectation of a return game. At some point you’ll get there.
The upside of this philosophy is tremendous since recruits mostly care about one thing...being on TV.

TBS_20

That tweet was nice, but he’d get more responses if he did away with the “home and home” crap.
Play anyone, anywhere, at any time...without the expectation of a return game. At some point you’ll get there.
The upside of this philosophy is tremendous since recruits mostly care about one thing...being on TV.
Exactly. look at Wichita and Gonzaga. There comes a point where if youre good long enough theyll come to your place. WIN and everything else takes care of itself. Schedule, better recruits, attendance, donors, etc

Adunk33

Staff member
SLU is now on pause. The A10 is using the traditional mid week-weekend schedule. SLU was scheduled to play Duquesne tonight and UMASS on Saturday.

Top Bottom