vs UNI 1/8/19, 7 pm, NBC Chicago

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
On regional TV for you out of towners. UNI is 1-1 after blowing out BU in Peoria and losing at home to SIU Saturday.

DoubleDeuce

Looks like the birds have a team identity again, defense...and I love it. O/U should be microscopic on this one. Win the next three and I'm feeling great about this team again, win 2 of 3 and I'm still positive.

JHBird

If Bruniga sits this one out I'll be thinking a redshirt might be in store for him.

MadBird

isuquinndog said:
On regional TV for you out of towners. UNI is 1-1 after blowing out BU in Peoria and losing at home to SIU Saturday.

Tomorrow is the 8th, Quinn!! Subject line had me scared I had to rearrange my "busy" schedule for tonight! ;)

BTbird

Thanks for the heads up with NBC Chicago!

Title should read 1/8/19.

Phantom

Always tough against these guys, but we need to defend the home court. Really nice response against UE after the implosion at Valpo. Are these last two games enough to instill a new defensive mindset? I sure hope so. It only took 15 games, but it was great to FINALLY see the team locked in for 40 minutes and voila! A double-digit win. Keep committing to defense and selecting better shots and I like us in this one.

Redbirds 64
Panthers 60

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
MadBird said:
isuquinndog said:

Tomorrow is the 8th, Quinn!! Subject line had me scared I had to rearrange my "busy" schedule for tonight! ;)

Whoops. Fixed it.

cpacmel

Will be interesting to see who guards Green. Would love to see Chastain on him.

Adunk33

Staff member
Redbird28 said:
JHBird said:
If Bruniga sits this one out I'll be thinking a redshirt might be in store for him.

Now you're on to something...

I agree. Especially if the defense continues to play the way it has the last two games. You don't want to mess up the chemistry that has taken 3 months to build by adding a new cog. The main benefit to Taylor playing would be Rey would not be Phil's only backup. However, Milik and Chas tend to be able to guard Phil's man when he or Rey aren't in.

Redbirds84

JHBird said:

From what I hear he "should" be playing some minutes tomorrow.

Baltimore Bird

We have played 15 games and have 16 conference games and the MVC tournament left at a minimum. With our inability to keep guys here for 5 years, I say let him play. Let's add some quality depth this season and hopefully he can hit some threes and get some boards. ISU has Hein, Rey and Chastain who basically can't score, although, I am still hopeful for Chastain. We need more O, let him play!

Redbird Alum 2004

Redbirds84 said:
JHBird said:

From what I hear he "should" be playing some minutes tomorrow.

Taylor backs up chas at the 4. Rey will still get his couple minutes. Tinsley slides further down the bench once Taylor is back.

Top Bottom