vs. BYU 11/28/18

Phantom

Three of the next four are at home, and they're all big, starting with BYU.

Time for our Big 3, not just one of them but ALL of them to step up and be the leaders that this team needs. Seven games in, it's also long past time to commit to defense and play it without fouling. Stop rushing so many shots on offense too.

Play time is over. No more bullshit. Play hard for 40 minutes and win.

DannyCooksey

Phantom said:
Play hard for 40 minutes

this is all i hope for the rest of the year. If they do this very easy thing to control they will win a lot more than they lose.

it's not difficult to hustle and play hard at both ends for an entire game. it's not hard at all to do that.

Jsnhbe1Birds

If BYU's best player plays (no idea how long he's out) then BYU wins by 10. If not, ISU by 5

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I missed that Emrey caused BYU some major violations a few weeks ago.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/11/09/ncaa-byu-must-vacate-47-wins-over-nick-emery-booster-scandal/

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
And this article says he's out till Dec 5.
Another former starter, junior guard Nick Emery, has been reinstated by the NCAA after missing all of last season, but must sit out the first nine games and will return for the Dec. 5 home game against Utah State.

Retire 12

You can get outplayed, but don't ever get outworked. That part is in your control.

To this point, we haven't outworked anyone. This needs to change to get the W.

ThisIsTheLineup

For the sake of the board - I hope we win by 30 with a sellout crowd and a call from the NCAA office saying that we earned a berth to the tournament.

bb fan

LOL ThisisTheLineup :) For some here, that would be the minimum that would have to happen.

Baltimore Bird

I know little about BYU and their current roster, but remember them in past years as being tall and playing smart. Smart teams generally frustrate us and thus we do not play well. If they are still a tall team then, (I know they will play smarter than ISU)

BYU 69
Birds 66

If we match up size wise, I think being at home will reverse that score and give us a 69-66 win. I have not seen any evidence we will play smarter than anyone this year.

SoCalRedbird

ISU 74
BYU 67

If we can keep this team from repeating Belmont's shooting performance, we should win. They like to shoot the three. They have home wins vs Utah Valley U, Northwestern St, Alabama A & M, Oral Roberts, and Rice. Their two losses were @ Nevada (lost by 16) and at home versus the AAC's Houston Cougars (lost by 14). It definitely helps that Emery won't play.

I'd put the line at 'Birds -2.5.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SoCalRedbird

Phantom said:
Play time is over. No more bullshit.

This has serious pre-game shooting shirt potential. I'd buy it. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChiRedbirdfan

believe BYU is a fairly tall around the blocks... they always have several bigs. I hope Idowu starts or at least gets many quality minutes. Yes Idowu is so raw but ISU sorely/badly needs to get him experience as the front court is lacking size and as has little depth. Fayne gets in foul trouble and ISU is generally in big trouble if it is a quality opponent. I just do not see ISU being able to win the MVC or gain an NCAA bid unless Idowu (or Bruninga) comes to the rescue to help defensively and on the boards... again especially against the better competition. Get Idowu some minutes as that could really pay off later in the year.

stats

BYU's best player is 6'8 Yoeli Childs. According to Lindy's, pre-season publication, he was picked as the 24th best player in all of college basketball. So far his stats have backed it this year.
20 points per game
12 rebounds per game
3.1 assists per game
53 for 92 from 2 point range
4 for 17 from 3 point range
22 for 28 from the free throw line (79%)

Top Bottom