vs Bradley (8-3) - Saturday 2/3/2024 - 1 pm - MVC Sports Network

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
The one we all get excited for. Bradley is pretty good, but not invincible. If we win this, staying out of Thursday looks a lot closer.

Looks like no lower bowl seats and the upper bowl is about half sold out.

DoubleDeuce

Looking forward a a real rebounding battle...both teams can really crash the boards. We've got to really stick to Hickman...he's their real catalyst.

Phantom

Bradley plays with tempo, shares the ball, and can knock down shots. If we can't control the pace and -- wait for it -- hit a few 3's, we might get stomped. But I hope not. They slugged UNI last night pretty good. Would be nice for them to lull a bit but we can't count on that.

Would be cool to see a decent crowd and if it's not to much trouble, to have the students actually stand and cheer for a change. What a radical idea that would be.

Adunk33

Staff member
The one we all get excited for. Bradley is pretty good, but not invincible. If we win this, staying out of Thursday looks a lot closer.

Looks like no lower bowl seats and the upper bowl is about half sold out.
I get the sense BU is going to have a heavy presence and the chant of "BU" will be ringing loudly in Redbird several times throughout the game. I hope I'm dead wrong.

Phantom

I get the sense BU is going to have a heavy presence and the chant of "BU" will be ringing loudly in Redbird several times throughout the game. I hope I'm dead wrong.
Hate to say it but you can about guarantee that'll happen. They smell blood in the water and it'd be pleasantly shocking if our fans are louder.

TBS_20

Is this the biggest game of pedon’s career thus far?
probably. it doesnt matter if we lose, really, but would the first big win for him. They should win at least 3/4 more games so hes taking a step forward. probably 15 wins this year. 11 last year. 20 next year with most coming back is not an unreasonable ask.

B

BirdGrad2011

I can see Myles Foster and Chase Walker having a big game. Bradley has some good posts players, but Myles and Chase can eat by using their bodies right. We have to slow Hickman down and not let Deen get hot from 3. A 1-21 game from 3 will kill us.

RedbirdSoxFan

I’m guessing it will be like the “S-I-U” we heard a couple weeks ago, but the “B-U” will be 10X louder. Hopefully it will be drowned out by the “P-U” (or more preferably “I-S-U”) chants from the ISU fans.
If the Redbirds want to start getting students/fans back into RBA, this is going to be their chance to start making that happen by winning on Saturday. Go You Redbirds!!!

Last edited:

DoubleDeuce

I've never heard good things about Weirdle.

When Doyel got pushback he responded...
Replied Doyel: "Zero history. Just what I saw last night. There doesn’t have to be a conspiracy. Sometimes things are exactly what they seem. ... Nothing cryptic about my criticism. I hate bullies. He’s a bully. There’s a difference between hard coaching and humiliation. He goes for the latter. Hell with him."

Adunk33

Staff member
I’m guessing it will be like the “S-I-U” we heard a couple weeks ago, but the “B-U” will be 10X louder. Hopefully it will be drowned out by the “P-U” (or more preferably “I-S-U”) chants from the ISU fans.
If the Redbirds want to start getting students/fans back into RBA, this is going to be their chance to start making that happen by winning on Saturday. Go You Redbirds!!!
Believe it or not...I don't believe any of our students have ever heard a "PU" or "FUBU" chant...They'll have to be told about the confetti tradition. Sad it's gotten to this point. Pedon was out canvasing out on the quad and in the bone with free tickets and donuts this morning. Hopefully they darty, show up and get loud.

In terms of this being a big game for coach, I agree it'd be the biggest win of his tenure. But also, we've tended to fold in these moments this year. It's been a two step forward, one step back with momentum. Will are players come out too excited and press? Or will they be nervous about playing in the largest home environment of the season, minus Horton. Or will they use the energy in their favor? One thing for sure- I'm glad its at 1pm. Doesn't give the team the whole day to sit around and think about the game. Just go out and ball.

RedbirdSoxFan

Believe it or not...I don't believe any of our students have ever heard a "PU" or "FUBU" chant...They'll have to be told about the confetti tradition. Sad it's gotten to this point. Pedon was out canvasing out on the quad and in the bone with free tickets and donuts this morning. Hopefully they darty, show up and get loud.

In terms of this being a big game for coach, I agree it'd be the biggest win of his tenure. But also, we've tended to fold in these moments this year. It's been a two step forward, one step back with momentum. Will are players come out too excited and press? Or will they be nervous about playing in the largest home environment of the season, minus Horton. Or will they use the energy in their favor? One thing for sure- I'm glad its at 1pm. Doesn't give the team the whole day to sit around and think about the game. Just go out and ball.
I can’t remember the last time the Birds had a big home game with an opportunity to get a win and give the fans/students a reason to come back, and not lose the game. I’m hoping that they take enough pride and come out determined to not have to walk off the court at the end of the game listening to B-U, B-U, B-U like the did a couple weeks ago walking off Doug Collins Court to S-I-U, S-I-U, S-I-U, S-I-U. I know it made me sick.

ISUalum19

Pedon has been doing a lot to try and win students over, that will go a long way with them imo. Hopefully we have a good turnout vs BU but I wont hold my breath.

Bradley is tough and will run away with this game if we dont hit shots. One thing I do like about this team is that effort has never really been a question. The players DO care. And you love to see that. That being said, we still need to hit some shots to win the game.

ISU 70 BU 68.

P.S. BUCK FRADLEY.

Redbird82

Yuck, I remember sitting through some years when SIU had those NCAA teams and listening to SIU, SIU, makes you want to 🤮. But sadly unless we shot it crazy like the Belmont game last year it’s hard to see how we play with them.

Redbird82

I can’t remember the last time the Birds had a big home game with an opportunity to get a win and give the fans/students a reason to come back, and not lose the game. I’m hoping that they take enough pride and come out determined to not have to walk off the court at the end of the game listening to B-U, B-U, B-U like the did a couple weeks ago walking off Doug Collins Court to S-I-U, S-I-U, S-I-U, S-I-U. I know it made me sick.
The last I remember was Mullers one good team, against Wichita, I think they were ranked, a huge loud crowd…

Phantom

The last I remember was Mullers one good team, against Wichita, I think they were ranked, a huge loud crowd…
That may very well have been the last time we had a big home win that answered the hype. It always seems to go the opposite both in hoops and football.

RedbirdSoxFan

We were 17-1 that year, and Wichita was ranked and also 17-1 (2017). The McIntosh dunk at the end of the game probably got wore out in the Wichita film sessions over the next 3 weeks as the Shockers would put a 41 point beatdown on the Birds back at Koch Arena (and another 20 point thumping in St Louis)

Last edited:
Top Bottom